Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 995 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #226
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #227
starcat
The Third Hire

Would it be at all possible to list what was commissioned from each seller to allow for easier searching? So, if you're just looking for someone to do a wig or a prop, you could figure out much more easily who to go to.

I'm willing to go through the reviews and dig out the info to be added in. This is a fantastic thread -- it really makes me want to save up my money and commission a costume instead of making my own after seeing the cool things people have gotten from the good commissioners.
Unread 06-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #228
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Oo, nice idea, really ^^ I'll go ahead and sort through it; thanks for the recommendation!
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:30 AM   #229
starcat
The Third Hire

Awesome! Glad you like it! I look forward to seeing it when it's updated entirely. ^_^
Unread 06-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #230
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

I suppose I should leave somewhat of a Review for this commissioner..

It's actually Amethyst angel

www.amethyst-angel.com

Well, here's the scoop... I began speaking to her about august or so last year about a suit of armor.. Come november we finally made an agreement and I sent her the first half of the money..

I gave her two deadlines.. One in febuary, one in april..

Needless to say, I haven't gotten the item yet.

I saw her work and knew she'd do a great job but I would be tentative to commission her again since she promised the costume in February and it is still not finished. She will not return my emails to keep me updated on progress and I doubt the costume will be finished in time for the large number of summer conventions I had planned to attend. [Yes, I have attempted to contact her numerous times, my last email being three or so weeks ago with no reply.]

I love her work but found her deadlines unreliable and her lack of communication frustrating.. Really, I dont want to slander her, I do really want the item I ordered, I'm very excited about the costume, but at the same time, my last convention for the year is likely to be otakon, and if the lack of communication continues, I am likely not to get the costume before then, leaving me with an obligation to pay the other half of a costume I will not be able to wear until 2008.

Hopefully I wont get slandered for this, but I've been quite upset about it for some time now.
Unread 06-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #231
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
Awesome! Glad you like it! I look forward to seeing it when it's updated entirely. ^_^
Updated! ^^ Not sure how long I'll be able to keep it in its current form since it's really pushing the 10k character limit already, but hopefully it will last.

Yuki: If you could arrange some sort of grade which accomodates your views of the experience and understanding of the situation, I'd love to update the list with your review. If you're not comfortable with doing such just yet, no worries ^^ Just let me know when you do so I can link appropriately.
Unread 06-19-2007, 02:16 AM   #232
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Updated! ^^ Not sure how long I'll be able to keep it in its current form since it's really pushing the 10k character limit already, but hopefully it will last.

Yuki: If you could arrange some sort of grade which accomodates your views of the experience and understanding of the situation, I'd love to update the list with your review. If you're not comfortable with doing such just yet, no worries ^^ Just let me know when you do so I can link appropriately.
I'll be sure to edit or post something when I get some sort of closure to the situation..Whether it be receiving my item, or a refund, or simply giving up altogether and accepting the loss of my money, I'll let you know. Till then that's what I can say.
Unread 06-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #233
sweet_magic
Wind User

Name of Commissioner: Julias_Laedchen (Ebay cosplay seller)

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/julias-laedchen

Character commissioned and series/video game: Alice Elliot from Shadow Hearts (Jacket & Skirt/ Full costume)

Links to picture(s): Full shot

Timeline: Around 2 ½ weeks

Pros: For being a china seller, they responded rather quickly to all my emails and their engrish wasn’t too bad. It arrived at sooner than I thought it would. The overall craftsmanship is top notch and it does look professionally made and not something they rushed out to me.

Cons: The jacket and skirt are rather short, but it’s nothing I can’t fix ( I might have underestimated my measurements that I gave). I wanted the skirt to be short, but not THAT short. XD Also, the color of the costume is kinda off and a lot darker than what I expected to be. Other than that everything is perfect.

Comments: If you’re looking for a commissioner that is relatively cheap, but produces good craftsmanship within such a short period of time, then I would recommend Julias_Laedchen to you.

Final Grade: A-
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope

Last edited by sweet_magic : 07-25-2007 at 12:08 PM.
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #234
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! ^^
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #235
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Cosplay Magic
http://www.cosplaymagic.com/

Character/Series: Dietrich von Lohengrin (Trinity Blood)
Parts: RosenKreuz Orden Armband only

Pictures: Will have them up as soon as I get the rest of the uniform!

Time: Ordered June 15, arrived June 28

Pros: The price. This was off of an eBay auction and I only ended up paying $8 shipped The colors are perfect and the design is wonderful! I honestly expected a mass-produced armband with an iron-on design as is typical of ebay. What I got was a hand made, machine embroidered armband. (I was shocked!) They used a nice bright red twill and the embroidery is clean. The colors are just lovely!

Cons: Ever heard the expression "Slow boat from China"? This IS comming from overseas, so be aware that shipping takes a good while. For the armband itself, it's pretty big on me (which'd be good for others since I'm pretty small) but can be easily adjusted. I wish they'd used an interfacing on the armband since it's a little floppy... But it is going to be pinned onto the uniform, so again, not too much of a problem for something this small. Sewing the edges down will probably fix the problem.

EDIT: I've tried the armband on with the rest of the costume and ended up taking the armband apart since it was too large and the floppiness didn't look very good as compared to the rest of the outfit. While it does look fine on the outside, The internal construction is HORRIBLE. Fraying edges, uneaven seams, and the emroidery was not backed properly.

Comments: Overall a decent piece and a great deal for the money
However, due to construction problems on such a small accessory, I would NOT reccomend anyone to buy a full costume from them.

Final Grade: B

Last edited by phantomthief : 07-28-2007 at 07:55 PM.
phantomthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #236
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

SiegeRedwolf
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=30683
Hige's Collar
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...a/IMG_2933.jpg

It look 2-3 months (only because she had trouble with her home and such)

Great communication. Wonderful work. Delight to work with. GREAT prices. Will commission from her again. HIGHLY recommend her. If something isn't right with your piece she trys her best to fix it : D.

Final Grade:A+
Unread 06-29-2007, 02:18 AM   #237
xXKujaXx
Learn Things

Does anyone have any Experience With Fan+Friend (Sometimes written as Fan-Plus-Friend) at http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/StoreFront

I'm pretty sure they have an ebay store too.

Anyway it looks like they have some costumes that I've never seen elsewhere. They're reasonably priced, about what I'd expect. So if anyone has any good or bad experiences with them I'd like to hear it.

Okay... WTF did you know if you type "Fan-Plus-Friend" without the dashes it becomes "LUMBERJACKED!" Try it >_0
Working On:
Kankuro - Naruto: Shippuden
Pyramid Head - Silent Hill: The Movie

Last edited by xXKujaXx : 06-29-2007 at 02:24 AM.
xXKujaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #238
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! Sorry for the delay guys ^^ Just got back from AX!
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #239
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner: Blanndy (Her "Profile"

Website/C.com gallery: Click - Note, this is not who this person really is.

Character commissioned and series/video game: Wig for Sora from KH

Links to picture(s): None...nor will there ever be any.

Timeline: Only took 2 weeks to figure out this scam.

Pros: None.

Cons: Everything. A very slick manipulator.

Comments: They way this conner works, is that she talks with over-seas ebay commissioners before hand, asking them about costumes she wants, then has the users here send their payment to the chinese sellers to pay for her own costumes, therefor, screwing both the buyer, and the real commissioner, and getting her free costumes. Also, her real information is as follows :

Name - Shan Will

Address - Seems I cannot post this, which is total bullshit..so if you want it, PM me.

Final Grade: F

Last edited by 4ng31 : 07-03-2007 at 04:17 PM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 04:27 AM   #240
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^