Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #241
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime
 
xxmossgardenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 749
Asuka...I feel really bad for you now...that make's me sick to my stomach...I mean I have gotten screwed out of almost every outfit I have tried to get, but that is horrible.
__________________
Cosplay list for 2014
Lightning (original outfit) - 30%
Casual Fem!Shep/Jane Shepard - %50

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #242
4ng31
meh.
 
4ng31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
Asuka...I feel really bad for you now...that make's me sick to my stomach...I mean I have gotten screwed out of almost every outfit I have tried to get, but that is horrible.
Hey, no worries...I'll get the last laugh out of this whole experience...I just had to leave a lot of info out of that post and the other post I made in the commissioners not to go to thread in case that person is in fact reading this.

But like I said, don't worry...I'll get the last laugh, and "Blanndy" will get hers
__________________
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #243
lapseof__reason
mo money = mo cosplay
 
lapseof__reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 455
Wah, that's awful Asuka! You know, I almost had a Gaara wig commissioned from her. Now that I read yours, I realize I was really close to being scammed. I sent "Blanndy" part of the payment and I was supposed to title it 'Payment for Grizzpear'. I thought that was weird but ignored it. >.> I ended up getting the payment refunded (the reason Blanndy gave me was obviously a lie), so, I don't know, maybe the chinese commisioner figured out Blanndy was scamming me? dlkasj I feel so lucky now. -.-;;;
__________________
otakon '14
ღ maid cafe
ღ senbonzakura miku - vocaloid
ღ mami tomoe - pmmm
ღ genderbent!cecil palmer - wtnv
lapseof__reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #244
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime
 
xxmossgardenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 749
^^ Well as long as things work out for you.
__________________
Cosplay list for 2014
Lightning (original outfit) - 30%
Casual Fem!Shep/Jane Shepard - %50

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #245
Yunalicia
Yevonite
 
Yunalicia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,654
Asuka BMz, if that is the girl's real information I would take it down.

Even though you were scammed ( and I know that totally sucks) putting up someone's info and name on the internet is dangerous. This girl can have some bad stuff happen to her because of that and (even though highly unlikely) if it gets linked back to you you can be in some seriously trouble. Maybe just put her first name and the city where she lives so people can take caution.
__________________
The Otaku Closet
~original designs for Otaku and Gamer alike

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Yunalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #246
Lumasnati
Wants a cookie..
 
Lumasnati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,576
Luckily, I did. And I can take it to Paypal now if anything were to happen.
__________________


Next con Stop: Katsucon 2011~
World of Warcraft - Night Elf/Blood Elf Priest Tier 10


Last edited by Lumasnati : 07-03-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Lumasnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #247
4ng31
meh.
 
4ng31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
Asuka BMz, if that is the girl's real information I would take it down.

Even though you were scammed ( and I know that totally sucks) putting up someone's info and name on the internet is dangerous. This girl can have some bad stuff happen to her because of that and (even though highly unlikely) if it gets linked back to you you can be in some seriously trouble. Maybe just put her first name and the city where she lives so people can take caution.
It stays unless it's removed by a mod, as whatever happens is deserved. The address was very easily available to anyone who cared to look, I just make it easier.

And also, if anything "bad" happens to her, odds are it would be done by someone she scammed (AkuseruRokusesu) or myself, as I'm sure we are mostly adults and able to make our own decisions. I will be in that area for Otakon, and if they dare show their face at Otakon, I also know what costumes they will be wearing.

I'm not here to prevent "bad things" from happening to her, hell, I'd prefer that happens. I'm here to let people know the dangers of commissioning from people, and also the dangers of being a scammer. I'm sure you know the saying, "What goes around comes around"...
__________________
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #248
Lumasnati
Wants a cookie..
 
Lumasnati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,576
Well. As far as I know, Blaandy did attend Katsucon. She will be attending Otakon as well and I don't know about you, but I don't miss a face.

This is a wake up call to bad commissioners. The people who are asking for commissions are getting better at tracking them down for the issues they have to deal with. Blaandy has a lot coming to her for scamming a lot of people out of money and I already know I am going to do everything in my power to see to it that this never happens again to me.

There is a rule however:

16. No posting home addresses or phone numbers of anyone, member or not.

You have to take it down. T__T
__________________


Next con Stop: Katsucon 2011~
World of Warcraft - Night Elf/Blood Elf Priest Tier 10

Lumasnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #249
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?
 
Saeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
Name of Commissioner:
Blanndy (and subsequently Nonbra)

Website/C.com gallery:
Blanndy
Costume Thread

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Roxas Wig from Kingdom Hearts II.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
I was supposed to get this already completed Roxas Wig.

Timeline:
Approximately 1 month.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
The entire experience has been recorded in this post. Since that time I have asked for and received a refund from the ebay user Nonbra.
Blanndy has apparently been using the cosplay.com members she commissions to send money to various stores for costumes that SHE will be receiving.
I am certain that this is a scam, and I would highly recommend for anyone dealing with this user to pull out.
Nonbra, on the other hand, has been more than helpful, even if I have no interest whatsoever in their wigs.

Final Grade: F to Blanndy.
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #250
delicatexflower
Burnin' the floor
 
delicatexflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 105
Oh, I'm so glad I decided not to commission Blanndy now. I was considering (her/him?) to make my latest costume, but now since I've heard how their ripping people off has changed my mind completely. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to Asuka and AkuseruRokusesu. It amazes me how people will go so far as to scam other people out of their money just to to get a costume that they should either A) Make themeselves or B) Use their OWN money to pay for.
__________________
Original rosebride- Utena
Chibodee gal- G Gundam
Momo- Xenosaga
Original kimono character
delicatexflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #251
Kanira
Non-Playable Character
 
Kanira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 843
Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #252
Leitha
POTATO DAISUKI!!
 
Leitha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 54
Saeru, I'm glad you got most of your money back from Blanndy!
Leitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #253
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?
 
Saeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
Thanks! I'm really glad you posted a warning. ^.^
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #254
MoonchildThorn
Master Exploder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Name of Commissioner Lawrara Shop
Website http://www.lawrarashop.com/
Character commissioned: Asahina Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Timeline Ordered June 17th Arrived June 29

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Well, it was fast and everything and I'm ecstatic about how it looks, but there were some hidden cons to the whole outfit. My metal she used on my costume was RUSTY. Like... the costume had been sitting around in a puddle somewhere. The clasp on the dress is rusty, I'm pretty sure the belt buckle is getting there, and the pin for the armband is completely rusty. (I know this for sure- I cut it off and sure enough the entire back of it was silver. -_-; )

Overall Grade: B-
Here are my unhappy pictures... D:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1002.jpg
^^^ RUSTY PIN.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1003.jpg
^^^This is perfect.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1004.jpg
^^^I'm not so sure about this.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1005.jpg
^^^ARGH IT'S RUSTY!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1007.jpg
^^^x_X RUSTY!!
MoonchildThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #255
Enyalis
Registered User
 
Enyalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonchildThorn View Post
Name of Commissioner Lawrara Shop
Website http://www.lawrarashop.com/
Character commissioned: Asahina Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Timeline Ordered June 17th Arrived June 29

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Well, it was fast and everything and I'm ecstatic about how it looks, but there were some hidden cons to the whole outfit. My metal she used on my costume was RUSTY. Like... the costume had been sitting around in a puddle somewhere. The clasp on the dress is rusty, I'm pretty sure the belt buckle is getting there, and the pin for the armband is completely rusty. (I know this for sure- I cut it off and sure enough the entire back of it was silver. -_-; )

Overall Grade: B-
Here are my unhappy pictures... D:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1002.jpg
^^^ RUSTY PIN.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1003.jpg
^^^This is perfect.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1004.jpg
^^^I'm not so sure about this.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1005.jpg
^^^ARGH IT'S RUSTY!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yMichi1007.jpg
^^^x_X RUSTY!!
Wow, that looks terrible o.o I actually bought my uniform from them as well but it turned out beautifully. Maybe you can ask them for a return?
__________________
A.kon19 (May 30-June 1, 2008)
Friday: Haruhi Suzumiya
Saturday: TBA
Sunday: TBA



...held by the wings of an angel...
Enyalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.