Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1382 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #271
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Sorry that you got scammed, though. I've heard about some other people getting scammed by that girl, too...
I remember in particular an absolutely horrific Halloweentown Sora she sold someone >.<

~Ari-chan

Unread 07-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #272
chaos_magician
Mummies Alive!

Quote:
Oh, trust me, if I don't receive it, she won't be getting away with it. I'm not one to just let $140 go down the drain and say "Oh, well, I just won't commission her again." Hellll no, I'll take it offline and make SURE I get my money back.

Sorry that you got scammed, though. I've heard about some other people getting scammed by that girl, too...

thanks! this definately isn't over yet & when I do make a trip to Florida I'll be sure to drop by..these kind of ppl make me sick to my stomach

Phantomthief: yeah I think I saw that thread on here awhile ago..that Sora costume was absolutely horrid...*poor girl who received it but in my case I got nothing just excuses that her Grandmother was ill & she had to take care of her blah blah blah..*she had over 2 months to do a simple commission which I would have done myself if it hadn't been for work..& of course now she changes her layout on her webpage to try to hide her sorry face..anyways I just wanted to let other fellow cosplayers know to avoid her at at all costs..she's on the commissoner's forum & should be indefinately removed..

btw I wish you the best of luck! & hopefully it all works out in the end & if not then I hope she rightfully gets what she deserves

MY DEVIANTArt : http://kimimaro-21.deviantart.com/
chaos_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #273
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_magician View Post
...I got scammed once & I never received any of the costume...she's still on the c.com forums & goes under the name of chico here's her link: http://members.cosplay.com/member/2179/..
apparently she's scammed several others here on the forums as well & on Gaia..she is still on the commissioner's thread so to everyone pls avoid her at all costs! my final grade to her is an F and if there was a grade any lower I would put that...I really hope you receive your costume in the end *crosses fingers* I really find the whole thing to be disgusting..I mean you offer your services & cheat honest ppl.. Why do this to ppl who are putting their complete trust in you & stealing their hard earned money..I really hope they're all punished in the end ><
I'm currently making a costume for someone who was also scammed by the same user. They were so leary about commissioning again (especially since the costume I'm making for them is above $200.). Hopefully, I'm restoring faith in them when it comes to commissioning. I think that's what upsets me most about bad commissioners... they drive away customers and give us good commissioners a bad name. :: sighs::

Anyhow... that was off-topic.... like should have been on the other thread off topic. ^^;; Sorry!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #274
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy View Post
I'm currently making a costume for someone who was also scammed by the same user. They were so leary about commissioning again (especially since the costume I'm making for them is above $200.). Hopefully, I'm restoring faith in them when it comes to commissioning. I think that's what upsets me most about bad commissioners... they drive away customers and give us good commissioners a bad name. :: sighs::

Anyhow... that was off-topic.... like should have been on the other thread off topic. ^^;; Sorry!
...you do costume commissions, too?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #275
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quote:
...you do costume commissions, too?
She's one of the few with consistantly high ratings :3

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #276
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
She's one of the few with consistantly high ratings :3

~Ari-chan
Yeah, I know, I had a wig done by her and she had fabulous service XD But she PMed me about the costume thing, so~ X3
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #277
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

I have had some serious family problems, the costume has been shipped via 2 day express, and will be there by monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my website::
www.animeangelblue.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #278
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
I have had some serious family problems, the costume has been shipped via 2 day express, and will be there by monday.
You shipped it to the correct address, right?
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #279
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Quote:
You shipped it to the correct address, right?
The newer one that you sent to me via email a few days ago? That was the address I placed on the box. I can confirm it via pm, ify ou'd like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my website::
www.animeangelblue.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #280
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
The newer one that you sent to me via email a few days ago? That was the address I placed on the box. I can confirm it via pm, ify ou'd like?
That's the one ^^ Thanks.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 07-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #281
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #282
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner - So Nice Player (eBay)

Website/C.com gallery - http://myworld.ebay.com/soniceplayer/

Character commissioned and series/video game - Suiseiseki (aka Desu ) from Rozen Maiden. Full Dress.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5405/img0860ne9.jpg

Timeline - Order placed on July 3rd, and I received it today, the 14th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - After the run-in with Blanndy, I was put in a situation to either get my money back, or have a costume made. I chose the second option after viewing their auctions, it seemed that their dresses were pretty nice, so I took the chance and had them make me this costume.

Very easy to talk to on MSN. The fastest shipping time I have ever seen, which leads to the fact if the dress was in fact made, or outsourced, but either or, it fits amazingly well, and it's well constructed.

From what started as a very shady situation, it turned out amazingly well. I can't speak for the quality of their costumes, but their dresses are very impressive, especially considering the price, timeline, and fitment.

Final Grade: A
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #283
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated xP
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #284
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

AVOID CHICO AT ALL COST! She is the one of the BIGGEST liars I have ever met! A while ago I had desided to comission my first ever cosplay outfit, Tifa AC version (why is it whenever I try to get this outfit...I always get scammed?) and it was with her. At first things seemed great, but then things went horribly wrong. It took my tracking her down on ever site she was on, and my dad emailing her threating to take this thing further just to get my money back. She finaly agreed to send a check to refund the money, however in the end she screwed us over on that as well. Signed the back of the check, not the front, therefore keeping us from cashing it. My father and I still are trying to get our money from her. She a horrible person, please don't take the chance and get screwed out of a large amout of money like I have.
Also she may have said she sent it out, but I wouldn't buy it at all. Best of luck, I'd like to look on the brighter side, but idk...I think it wont work out. sorry >.<

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014

Last edited by xxmossgardenxx : 07-15-2007 at 09:33 AM.
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #285
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Okay, after so long, I'm finally going to do a full review:\

Commissioner name: Amethyst Angel

Character commissioned: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...thecostume.jpg FFXI DRG AF2

Link to picture: Item never recieved.

Timeline: contact started in July of last year, payment in NOVEMBER, still no item.

Okay, so I contacted her in July asking her about the costume.. After working out the details, and working out the price, I sent her the first payment..

With lack of emails she has now missed THREE deadlines.. Katsucon in February, Anime Boston in April, and Connecticon just this past weekend.

Okay.. Now, since my last post I did get in contact with her, only after having to put her on the spot [in a very polite way] on her LJ...

She finally said that she would get it to me, by Connecticon, and apologized for the lack of contacts..

Okay, it doesn't end here..

A few days before the con she emails me telling me she's been working on it all night and will finish it tomorrow and express ship it to me after she's done.. And email me with pictures..

Instead of getting an email, I notice an entry on her LJ YELLING at people that she is NEVER doing FFXI costumes again.. Now it's not that which bothered me, but th e fact that she specified by description the very costume I commissioned her to do.. It felt rather disrespectful and insulting in my opinion.. On top of that, she had been spending a lot of that week making how-to videos instead of working on her projects [IE: MY project.]

In the end, I never got my costume, she still has $275 of my dollars, and I feel rather ripped off and disrespected. I don't know if I'll ever get the costume, and at this point I'm not inclined to pay for it. It's five months late. FIVE MONTHS.

Grade: F-

Seriously, people who have posted here got their costume before me, and ordered theirs after me, and I hate the feeling that I've been set aside. I would not go to her again.

Last edited by Yuki Eiri : 07-16-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Yuki Eiri is offline   Reply With Quote