Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #316
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Unhappy ooh...

So I skipped ahead like an idiot and hurried to finish the skirt so that I had something done. (It came out kick ass!!) Then I started to work on my top again and I kinda sewed a liiiiittle far from the edge on one side and on another side I sewed too close to the edge. (Smacks herself on the forehead) I'm hoping it won't really matter though. because the black thread does blend in very well. XP Oooh I'm so stupid!

Unread 07-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #317
Terranell
Princess Complex

Thanks, Nemi. You rock. =D

I seriously doubt that anyone cares right now due to Otakon, but will any Disgaea cosplayers be going to Ikasucon this year in Ft. Wayne? I don't know if I want to bring my Flonne outfit or not...
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #318
nemisiscat
Vanity Angel

I can't wait to see pics of your Rozalin costume when it's finished. I know I offered help on the jewelery, but let me know if you end up running out of time or something and need it commissioned, let me know, too. ^_^

Also, lemme know how you go about creating the wig. lol I'm curious. XD
nemisiscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #319
Terranell
Princess Complex

*rubs hands together* No problem! Wigs are my specialty! >=D

>.> And yeah, I don't plan on wearing it anywhere until the whole thing is DONE. I promised myself that the day I bought the fabric. (Yeah, it may be a while. ;____; )
Unread 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #320
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Um..okay I know this is gonna sound VERY retarded and strange but, why do all of the Etna cosplayers have to have a nice and clean stomachs? XD
I have this little MOLE that I'm going to the doctors to get it burned off. I can't stand it any longer XP
And all of the Etna's have nice stomachs, and I have to burn off a mole... lol
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:04 PM   #321
Fire Lily
Jack of Most Trades

I have three moles on my stomach, and I am quite fond of them...

And My stomach isn't as flat as it could be...but a little pudge never hurt anyone! Don't let that be a reason not to cosplay a character. I'm sure it'll look just fine, with or without the mole ^.^

www.firelilycosplay.com
Fire Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #322
feytaline

Otakon was awesome! I am so happy to see so many Disgaea cosplayers, and to meet such awesome people from this thread (aka Firelily and Twilight Clover, as well as some others whose CC names I probably didn't catch). Congrats to BOTH of them for their wins in the Hall cosplay!
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #323
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

I wouldn't worry too much about your stomach or the mole. I have a mole on my stomach too, I think it's kind of cute even though it's visible in Mid-Boss.

Twilight Clover and I were surprised at how many people recognized us. At least I was, I didn't realize Disgaea was so popular. I wish we could have seen some of the other cosplayers, I think we completely missed the Rozalin and some other people.

Ah, I want everyone to finish getting their Otakon pictures up. I demand good pictures of Mid-Boss. I'm really pleased with him despite the fact that I still have war wounds from the tape. Not half as painful as they look fortunately. Hopefully I'll get that worked out before Ohayocon.
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #324
nemisiscat
Vanity Angel

I should go to Otakon next year. Although, I'm scared to death of transporting my Rozalin costume on the plane. I think I'd have to get one of those hard carrying cases that are like a foot thick by three feet wide. @_@

And yeah. I suck at wigs. I'm soooo commissioning mine. @_@ I got an offer from someone to do it for like $110. She's going to make a mock up of the wig for free out of an old one she has lying around and is not planning on using. I asked her since she doesn't have anything demoing her ability to shape spikes. ^_^; Someone else quoted me for $200 for the wig, but I know she can do it and I've seen her work with spikes (she has an awesome sasuke wig in her gallery). I'm hoping the girl who offered to do it more cheaply can pull it off. XD
nemisiscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #325
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

I hate my mole with a passion! XD

No one in my area's even heard of Disgaea. It will be rare if I'm recognized.
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #326
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisiscat View Post
I should go to Otakon next year. Although, I'm scared to death of transporting my Rozalin costume on the plane. I think I'd have to get one of those hard carrying cases that are like a foot thick by three feet wide. @_@

And yeah. I suck at wigs. I'm soooo commissioning mine. @_@ I got an offer from someone to do it for like $110. She's going to make a mock up of the wig for free out of an old one she has lying around and is not planning on using. I asked her since she doesn't have anything demoing her ability to shape spikes. ^_^; Someone else quoted me for $200 for the wig, but I know she can do it and I've seen her work with spikes (she has an awesome sasuke wig in her gallery). I'm hoping the girl who offered to do it more cheaply can pull it off. XD

Who was the $200 offerers name?
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #327
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinEtna View Post
Um..okay I know this is gonna sound VERY retarded and strange but, why do all of the Etna cosplayers have to have a nice and clean stomachs? XD
I have this little MOLE that I'm going to the doctors to get it burned off. I can't stand it any longer XP
And all of the Etna's have nice stomachs, and I have to burn off a mole... lol
nah nah, I have a little chub and a 3rd nipple (I think). No one seemed to notice or care. Unless it's absurdly large I wouldn't worry.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #328
Ghola
Bad Ass Freakin' Overlord

Well I just returned from Otakon where I cosplayed Pram the Oracle! I did the same costume for Ohayocon this year as well. There was actually a lot more Nippon Ichi cosplay in Ohio than Baltimore, But I did see the undisputed best Etna ever - she was with Vyers who was also outstanding. There was a great Pleinair to and from what I understand a Disgaea shoot at some point that I missed out on. Lord Zetta was greatly displeased. If anyone on this thread got a shot of me in the Pram outfit please link it though - I got a ton of shots taken but I haven't seen one of them.
Ghola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #329
feytaline

I WANNA SEE YOUR PRAM!

The Etna would be Twilight Clover here. Her wig. PWNS. ALL. I am so freaking amazed just thinking about it.
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #330
Ghola
Bad Ass Freakin' Overlord

There's a shot from Ohayocon on here if you just search for the character name... I'm the...good..one...
Ghola is offline   Reply With Quote