Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1361 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #301
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Don't forget to update your original post, Usachan ^^ List edited appropriately!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #302
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Nugrosjp/CosplayOne
www.cosplay1.com

Character: Dietrich von Lohengrin (Trinity Blood)
Pieces: Base jacket

Pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...n/Die80016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...n/Die80009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...han/Die802.jpg
(Packaged) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sther80007.jpg

Timeline: Quote recieved June 4, Recieved July 24

Pros: I had heard some great things about Ajie on this board and I suck at uniforms, so I just had to get him to do my Dietrich outfit!
Where to start? As everyone with this commissioner has mentioned, everything was packed very nicely and securely.
To the jacket, my jaw nearly dropped when I saw how well it was made. It's fully lined, the buttons are fully functional (rather than the jacket closing with snaps/velcro), had shoulderpads sewn in, not a loose thread in sight, ironed crisply and was made with very sturdy and comfortable materials.
I paid $120 for the jacket (Which, for the quality, is a GREAT price), but in reality, I only paid $90 for the jacket, the rest is shipping. He sends the item by EMS so it gets to you within about 7 days rather than 20.
Three days before the deadline, he sent almost-finished pictures and I realized he followed my instructions for the length of the coat... a bit too closely. I measured long, just in case. I asked him to adjust it to a more accurate length and he still managed to finish in the time limit I really can't say enough how gorgeous the craftsmanship on this is. It's nicer than some of the department store jackets I own O_o
I was specific about the color of the trim and he followed through wonderfully with the silver.

This coat looks HOT.

Cons: Despite the awesomeness, I have to admit... There's some weird stuff going on with this jacket.

First has to deal with timing, not the item. However, I have to take some of the responsibility for not asking him to clarify. On the measurement form it stated "Date of finish and using it". I thought "Date of Using it" meant when we'd need it in our hands by. It was actually the date he'd FINISH it by. While not a huge problem, it did cause a few problems later down the line as I will note.

Now, this is the biggest structural problem and I kind of wonder how this happened. Looking at the reference pictures I sent him, Dietrich obviously has cuffs on his uniform. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...trichtarot.jpg) However, the uniform that I got... Has bell flare sleeves? Where the heck did that come from? It distressed me since I have to do some embroidery on the sleeve "cuff" and I'm not sure how that'll turn out on the rounded surface. It also shows my arm since it's so wide. This was a paid commission so I would have asked him to change it... If not for the time limit as noted above. I set the date for the 16th and needed it on the 28th. If it was to arrive on the 16th, I would've asked for a change. But timing was a bit too tight... Not cool.

Then there's the fitting... I even measured myself a little tight to make sure it'd be well-fitting. It came about a size/size and a half too large. Luckily the belt should help with that a little. Then the aforementioned bell part of the sleeve is very tight on my forearm. In normal use it's fine, but if I lift my arm too far it's uncomfortable.
Finally, the belt loops themselves... Now this made me laugh... The back two are fine, but the front two belt loops are 2 inches higher than the back ones. I begin to think they're ornamental rather than functional... It's an easy fix though.

To customer service, I was a little freaked out. It was only a 1.5 month commission, but I only recieved a status update when I requested it. That and, while he had all of the materials ordered in advance, I'm under the impression that he only worked on it about 5-7 days before the deadline seeing as I got my first progress pictures 3 days before the deadline and a finished picture the day he was supposed to send it out. If I had gotten anything sooner, I could've pointed out the sleeves >.<
The lack of contact was a little freaky, but questions were usually responded to promptly.

Final Comments: While I'm a little irked about the sleeves and timing, it doesn't get rid of the fact that this is a VERY well made costume and the price was good. Minus the sleeves and minor details, this is A+ work. But again, it's the details that are the problem >.<

Final Grade: A-

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #303
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #304
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Human Go
http://stores.ebay.ca/human-go-cosplay-costume-store

Character: Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
Pieces: Shirt, Vest, Belts, Pants, Boot Covers, Neclace, Gloves

Pictures:
None yet, broken camera
Timeline: Bought June 4, Recieved July 25 (after fixes)
Not going to do a PROS or CONS thing, just a comment thing since this is a weird situation.

Comments: I ordered from Human Go before and they did a FANTASTIC job. So I thought I'd go through them again for this costume. I did the whole process thing blahblahblah. Communication was frequent, though the english wasn't exactly great. So I recieve the package. It's packaged nicely. I take it out and I'm automatically impressed with the craftsmanship. Everything is done perfectly. So, I try it on-- ...It's WAY to small. It hurts when I put it on. So I contact her. She says she'll remake it for me for $40 *sigh* okay, I need this costume so I'll do it. I wait, and wait, and wait. I think she thought that I'd forget about it. She stopped responding to e-mails... THEN I threatened to do a paypal dispute and she automatically replied. BIG SURPRISE. So she sends the costume. I recieve the re-send today... Ugh. It looks like SHIT. The pants look cheaply store-bought. The blouse isn't accurate, AT ALL. I literally have to sew some details onto it because they sent me a plain long-sleeved shirt with no details. The gloves have no border details like the original. The boot cover fits worse than the first one, and some parts were missing. I am not pleased. But at least it fits.

Final Grade: C-
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #305
LuvVerde
I like kitties

Name of Commissioner - Dream-Angels

Website/C.com gallery - http://www.dream-angels.net/

Character commissioned and series/video game - I-no from Guilty Gear XX (dress, hat and arm covers)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...5&member=64612

Timeline - Ordered May 15th, and received the costume on July 19th at Otakon.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - I've seen their work before, as my boyfriend ordered from them. The costume was perfect, it fit perfect. The only thing that needed fixed was a chest strap that went in the back (was a little too long), but that was a very easy fix with a piece of sticky velcro.
I received the costume at Otakon through one of her friends, because she didnt finish it on time to ship it before otakon, but I received it in time for me to wear it, so I cant complain.
It all worked out great in the end, and its my favorite cosplay.
Final Grade - A+

Tsubasacon
Me - Souseiseki
Asuka BMz - Suiseiseki
We're doing it for the lulz

<3

Last edited by LuvVerde : 07-25-2007 at 07:51 PM.
LuvVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #306
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Switched my grade for MoonCostumes down to a B.
I've tried the armband on with the rest of the costume and ended up taking the armband apart. While it does look fine on the outside, The internal construction is HORRIBLE.

Thanks!

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:33 AM   #307
yamanakakurenai

Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko
Website/C.com gallery: www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tifa-Final Fantasy Advent Children(FULL COSTUME), and Hao- Shaman King(Just gloves and cloak)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First payment sent in January . Other sent in February. She received both.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Ohgod.. I've had so many troubles with this girl. Her feedback was awesome, my friend commissioned her before, and got their stuff. But now, I'm waiting for three months, and my con already passed. It's sad, she started so well, and went down hill from there. I lost almost 200 dollars on costumes to this girl.

Last email I received was dated 4/18/2007: "Just to let you know, I have sent your costumes out as of today."

That costume still has not come today. And she stopped contact with every living thing. Yeah, it annoys me, since I spent so much money and never anything. Right now, I am hoping for a refund or even the damn costumes.

I understand, she might of had family problems or whatever, but for three months? At least give some notice, or pick up the damn phone. I've tried calling her, her contact was great, anyone could be fooled. She kept contact with me until the day after she sent it. I've sent constant emails, asking what was going on, and because I lost so much money, I was going to take matters into another's hands. She has now deleted the guest sign book on her website, since so many people complained, I'm guessing she's still out there. I know there is nothing I can do about this, but I just want my damn costume or money.

Final Grade: F. I would give lower, but that's as low as it goes. Losing so much money is hell.
yamanakakurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #308
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Switched my grade for MoonCostumes down to a B.
I've tried the armband on with the rest of the costume and ended up taking the armband apart. While it does look fine on the outside, The internal construction is HORRIBLE.

Thanks!

~Ari-chan
You know, it's the strangest thing, but I can't seem to find your review for MoonCostumes. There's only one other person listed as a reviewer for them, and I searched the thread without luck. Seems I might have missed it! ^^; If you could let me know which page it's on, I would be most obliged!
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #309
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamanakakurenai View Post
Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko
Website/C.com gallery: www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tifa-Final Fantasy Advent Children(FULL COSTUME), and Hao- Shaman King(Just gloves and cloak)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First payment sent in January . Other sent in February. She received both.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Ohgod.. I've had so many troubles with this girl. Her feedback was awesome, my friend commissioned her before, and got their stuff. But now, I'm waiting for three months, and my con already passed. It's sad, she started so well, and went down hill from there. I lost almost 200 dollars on costumes to this girl.

Last email I received was dated 4/18/2007: "Just to let you know, I have sent your costumes out as of today."

That costume still has not come today. And she stopped contact with every living thing. Yeah, it annoys me, since I spent so much money and never anything. Right now, I am hoping for a refund or even the damn costumes.

I understand, she might of had family problems or whatever, but for three months? At least give some notice, or pick up the damn phone. I've tried calling her, her contact was great, anyone could be fooled. She kept contact with me until the day after she sent it. I've sent constant emails, asking what was going on, and because I lost so much money, I was going to take matters into another's hands. She has now deleted the guest sign book on her website, since so many people complained, I'm guessing she's still out there. I know there is nothing I can do about this, but I just want my damn costume or money.

Final Grade: F. I would give lower, but that's as low as it goes. Losing so much money is hell.
Another person getting ripped off a Tifa outfit??? Okay is it me...but it seems like everytime someone tries to get a Tifa AC outfit made, they get scammed! Even me and I have tried 4 times now on my, 5th but this time it is with Miyori so I hope all goes well.

I feel your pain and I am sorry to hear this >.< I too long for a Tifa outfit.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #310
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

Name of Commissioner: Trigonsson

Website/C.com gallery:http://forums.cosplay.com/member/24700

Character commissioned and series/video game: Azure Kite Wig, .hack//g.u

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1196217

Timeline:Contacted before July, sent Payment 4th, and recieved today, 25th

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
He was very friendly and does great styles.
No cons.

Final Grade:
A
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #311
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #312
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
You know, it's the strangest thing, but I can't seem to find your review for MoonCostumes. There's only one other person listed as a reviewer for them, and I searched the thread without luck. Seems I might have missed it! ^^; If you could let me know which page it's on, I would be most obliged!
Well I feel completely silly, CosplayMagic, not MoonCostumes XD I just bought a pair of gloves from MoonC so I suppose I had them on the brain >.>; Sorry about that! XD

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #313
jules_yzak_duel

I was wondering if any one has gotten a commission with Riceball. Is she good? I'm a little.. iffy about getting her to commisson an outfit for me. Who are some people that are great commissoners that can do a complex outfit for me? It has some armor pieces in it.
jules_yzak_duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #314
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Well I feel completely silly, CosplayMagic, not MoonCostumes XD I just bought a pair of gloves from MoonC so I suppose I had them on the brain >.>; Sorry about that! XD

~Ari-chan
Ah, I see! List updated ^^ If you could edit your original post so it matches the main index it would be splendid; best to avoid confusion in every way possible :>
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #315
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Already editted ^_^ Thanks so much!

~Ari-chan