Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Unread 04-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Mellodramatic

Death Note Mello Cosplay

Im planning to make a mello costume for an upcoming anime con and I need a little help =D

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...g?t=1177080075

Thats the costume I want to make.

A) The jacket

what material is it made of and would anyone happen to have a pattern for it?

B) His belt buckle

Does anyone have a closeup of it?

C) His gun

Anyone know what the model of gun he uses is?

Last edited by Mellodramatic : 04-21-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Mellodramatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
majekili

That's about the best and clearest picture of Mello in that costume that you're going to find. I've scoured the manga, looking for pics..and that really is the biggest and the best (nevermind the only coloured one). For different angles of that costume, try searching about the ten chapters before 83.

However, aside from the jacket, Mello is wearing the same costume as he was before his face was blown off (the original one). So maybe there's hope in some of the earlier chapters to find a good picture of the belt buckle. Other then that, you're pretty much going to have to make some educated guesses.

As for the jacket pattern, I'd try just going to a fabric store and having a look in some of their catalogues (probably under jackets or hoodies). It's a fairly common pattern, should be fairly easy to find....
majekili is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
amaya_nin
~Hyuu~Hyuu~

I saw a jacket that looked like that while I was looking for materials to make Matt's vest/jacket but the jacket I saw cost around $400 so ^^; sorry no help here

Cosplays '08
Air Gear- Kazuma 'Kazu' (Team)
Death Note- Matt (Manga)
Fruits Basket- Shigure
amaya_nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
distantarray

Do a Madonna Mello Cosplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDjijmCm7U
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
Mellodramatic

Quote:
That's about the best and clearest picture of Mello in that costume that you're going to find. I've scoured the manga, looking for pics..and that really is the biggest and the best (nevermind the only coloured one). For different angles of that costume, try searching about the ten chapters before 83.

However, aside from the jacket, Mello is wearing the same costume as he was before his face was blown off (the original one). So maybe there's hope in some of the earlier chapters to find a good picture of the belt buckle. Other then that, you're pretty much going to have to make some educated guesses.

As for the jacket pattern, I'd try just going to a fabric store and having a look in some of their catalogues (probably under jackets or hoodies). It's a fairly common pattern, should be fairly easy to find....
Okay then, awesome. Thanks for that advice, guess where Im gonna be spending tomorrow, thats right, SPOTLIGHT!

Quote:
I saw a jacket that looked like that while I was looking for materials to make Matt's vest/jacket but the jacket I saw cost around $400 so ^^; sorry no help here
ah damn. I remember seeing the same jacket a few weeks back before I knew I was going to the con and of course when I went back, it was gone. ^^;

Quote:
Do a Madonna Mello Cosplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDjijmCm7U
You dont know how badly I want to make that costume XD I saw that video 4 times on Vh1 last night, and I spazzed everytime. its like "omfg god look, its mello........ with bewbs."
Mellodramatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
aoisakura
=^._.^=

A bit of a necro, but I have found some things that might be useful....

The jacket i think the diamond pattern is called quilted pattern, and it's common on riding vests, his one looks atlot like a riding vest.

And I did find a photo of a belt buckle that looked a hell lot like Mellos... http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ttles/0002.jpg

It's called a Fleur de lis cross, makes sense I guess as he has alot of Catholic symbolic stuff on him and that is a thing commonly shown with Virgin Mary (Or so Wiki says anyway)
Unread 07-19-2007, 02:27 AM   #8
aoisakura
=^._.^=

The cover of DN 12 has a good ref picture of mello, he seems to be wearing Doc Martin normal high top boots half laced and wrapped around his ankles *like alot of punks I've seen do) .....>_> I wish I knew this when I bought my shoes for him >_<

...I always thought he had a desert eagle but I guess not then ._.
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

Mello wears both the high combat looking boots half laced up, wrapped around and tied and a nice dressy boot in the manga.
*not sure what he wears in the anime*
don't feel so bad, for the first day of MetroCon i wore the boots right all day untill they killed my feet. then the next day of the con i wore black flat comfy shoes that looked like crap with the rest of my great Mello costume, but i just couldn't handle wearing those boots again. : ( so as long as you're wearing boots that lace up if your going for the boot look i think it will be ok. ; )
i'm still in the process of looking for new boots before i wear my Mello again.
: P
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

I need help with this costume! How do you sew on the flames(or get them on) the jacket????