Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1313 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #316
Tenshinoitami1
Insane cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuseruRokusesu View Post
Name of Commissioner: Tenshinoitami
Website/C.com gallery: http://forums.cosplay.com/member/563

Character commissioned and series/video game: Fai D Flowright [Shirt only]

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: [Will come soon]

Timeline: 3 weeks

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Okay. At first, I was scammed by Blaandy... so I rushed around to find a commissioner... Luckily, I found one, Tenshinoitami. She was very kind to me at first and she was willing to take the timeline that I set down. I had the commission started before the 4th and it was mailed to me Monday July 16th.

I gave her the same measurements that I gave to Nugrosjp. [Love that commissioner!]. When the deadline came, she sent the package to me. [I just received it today] and I opened it up to find that:

1. The shirt is WAAAAY too short in the front. It's supposed to stop at the waist, not above the navel.
2. There were supposed to be gloves. There aren't any.
3. Everything is the right color, but it doesn't fit AT ALL across the chest and back...
4. The zipper gets stuck.
5. I was hoping for a better fabric... It feels... very stiff.
6. The collar is too tight. I think I nearly suffocated. ^^;;
7. The sleeves are HUGE. OO;

This costume would be better for a boy my age who was 3 times skinner and had his head turned around on his body. ^^;;
I do appreciate and understand that this was a rushed commission, but I wonder if the commissioner saw the reference pictures close enough.

Final Grade: D. so now I have to scrap Fai for Otakon and start over for AUSA.
First off I would like to say I would have liked it if you told me so I could take it back and FIX IT, which I would have gladly done.
I told you first off before you even paid me that I would not do the gloves.
I asked you how long you wanted the top for the neck down and you said 13inches, I even extended the top at least an inch because 13inches seemed too short.
I dont know why the zipper gets stuck, I slid it fine a few times.
I will say that I am not used to sewing for bigger people but I did measure the top multiple times to make sure it would fit, in fact it was 4" too big following the pattern I used and took it in some (notice the darts) so it would MATCH YOUR MEASUREMENTS, in fact I think there was a inch or so more than the measurements you gave me.
The fabric I used may have felt "stiff" because its a heavier weight, it was a good fabric, not cheap.
I dont have the time right now seeing as school is starting but I would be willing to work with you on fixing it as I do not like people being unhappy with my work.
Tenshinoitami1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #317
Lumasnati
Wants a cookie..

And with that. We'll begin arrangements to get this fixed. :3

Next con Stop: Katsucon 2011~
World of Warcraft - Night Elf/Blood Elf Priest Tier 10

Lumasnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #318
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuseruRokusesu View Post
And with that. We'll begin arrangements to get this fixed. :3
Just for the record, this is a review thread...it is not to be used for personal retribution, which is exactly what it looks like you did. Keep it to chat clients and e-mails please.
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #319
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
Just for the record, this is a review thread...it is not to be used for personal retribution, which is exactly what it looks like you did. Keep it to chat clients and e-mails please.
Technically AkuseruRokeseru just made note of the retribution made by the commissioner not really their fault, and it makes sense that the commissioner wanted to publicly draw attention to the exceptions in the situation to try to repair any damage made to her reputation by the review.

It would certainly be more appropriate for such things to be instigated in PM, however, and only brought to public eye if there is a sudden, unexplained suspension in communication between the two parties ^^ Just a note for the future<3
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:50 AM   #320
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Technically AkuseruRokeseru just made note of the retribution made by the commissioner not really their fault, and it makes sense that the commissioner wanted to publicly draw attention to the exceptions in the situation to try to repair any damage made to her reputation by the review.

It would certainly be more appropriate for such things to be instigated in PM, however, and only brought to public eye if there is a sudden, unexplained suspension in communication between the two parties ^^ Just a note for the future<3
Well I believe the original review was construed, seeing as we were never informed of the glove situation until after the commissioner responded...hence my statement.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #321
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Name of Commissioner: qqcosplay

Website/C.com gallery:www.qqcosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Suiguintou from Rozen Maiden

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...9&member=15621

Timeline: About six weeks (exact dates escape me)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros:
The costume is gorgeous. The underdress is made out of a satiny material that really makes it stand out from behind the overskirt and bodice. It fits beautifully, and the material of the overskirt and bodice is just heavy enough that it drapes nicely, even over a fat figure like mine. I adore the outfit, as you can probably tell from the quantity of photos, lol. The price was good, too - $125 for the dress, skirt, bodice, headpiece, neckpiece and crinoline (I wasn't even expecting to receive a crinoline at all!). And they were very understanding with my stupidity with paypal the day I went to pay them.

Was packaged beautifully on arrival, nothing damaged, lost or even wrinkled. This outfit *travels*.

Cons:
I was getting a bit worried about the timeline, as I had used them before to buy a Seigaku and Hyotei uniform from Prince of Tennis, and I received both in under 3 weeks. Sui, however, was a custom job so maybe that explains the delay.

The colour is a tiny bit off, as Sui's dress is actually purple rather than the navy I was given, but I rather like it this way. The roses are too big, but I think that adds to the whole "Sui is a doll" thing.

Final Grade:
A-, as the costume is extremely well made and has stood up to travelling back and forth to Otakon, as well as being worn at least four times for photoshoots or conventions. I've only had to clip the occasional loose thread. I will be using them again in the future!
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #322
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
Well I believe the original review was construed, seeing as we were never informed of the glove situation until after the commissioner responded...hence my statement.
True enough. An odd way to call someone out on such a matter :/
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #323
Rieshu

Name of Commissioner: Troy (Tenshikun)

Website/C.com gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...8&member=28152

Character commissioned and series/video game: Tier 2 Hunter. World of Warcraft. (The dragon helm and the shoulders)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...8&member=28152
and the full costume: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...tercosplay.jpg

Timeline: I asked for the costume after Jacon so about 3 months.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments::
Due to World of Warcraft defying gravity the helm was pretty heavy so I ended up carrying it around instead of wearing it. Which I thought looked pretty cool. The shoulders looked great but it was hard to keep them up but when I was holding everything it looked fine. I was pretty sore afterwards but I think it was completly worth it and I plan on wearing it many times more. There was great communication and a great amount of effort I feel was put into this commission. I loved working with Tenshikun it was a great experence!

Final Grade: A + ! The amount of detail in the helm was astounding and so many people came up to me asking if they could touch it/look at it closely. Almost everyone that has ever played WoW reconized me instantly and people who had no clue where I was from were snapping pictures anyway just because of the amaziness of the costume!
Rieshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #324
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Reveiw!

Name: Cosplay Garden W or Cosplay Wei Wei

Commission: Etna Disgaea 2 wig ( http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/disgaea2/art-008.jpg )

I don't have pictures of the wig, my digital camra is screwing with me XD

Pros: She or he's pretty nice and easy to get along with.

Cons: The wig looks NOTHING like what it was to be expected.

Story:

I browsed threw her gallery and feedback and she seemed really skilled at anything she touched so back in July I ask if she thinks she can make me an Etna wig. Well she said yes she could do it so I payed her the money and began my wait. When it arrived it came out...orange. A blonde wig dyed orange. The pig tails were held together with rubber bands and it wasn't parted like a pig tailed wig should be. The spikes were made with using the super glue that school kids use, they wern't sturdy or accurate. I did get really angry with her/him and I admit I sent her a little bit a of rude complaint that she wouldn't send me an actual picture of the finished wig so I had to throw it away. (I don't think she/he gives any refunds)I was so upset because now, The con is in a month, and I don't have the money to get all the things I need to make my own wig (Along with the area space) done.

Final Grade: F

Trust me, you don't wanna commission ANY kind of wig from her/him.

Last edited by MajinEtna : 08-09-2007 at 05:33 AM.
MajinEtna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #325
Rieshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
True, alright I should do that. Also Kanira, please change my grade for Newkowai Angels to and F.

I too commissioned them for a Mai Valentine Costume and a Seto Kaiba Jacket. I gave her all the money up front and she left me hanging until the day of the con, telling me it would come. She never gave me the pictures of the costume she promised and she had me up all night trying to get a hold of her. I ended up getting her phone number from a friend and ended up talking to some guy, be it her friend or boyfriend and yelling at him for all the stress she put me through. I gave her 6 months to do the costumes and got nothing. BUT-- (Because I guess I became very scary with all my yelling) they gave me my money back along with an extra 100 dollars because I was so crazy and mad.
Rieshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #326
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #327
Zegen

Thanks! ^-^ This thread has really been a lot of help for commissions.

Last edited by Zegen : 08-10-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Zegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #328
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Eep! So terribly sorry! I caught it :> And updatey-fixed!
Unread 08-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #329
hi.to.ri
o_0

hey!

i've been scanning through this commissioner thread for a few weeks now, and have attempted to order commissions from a few of the commissioners, but have only had a response from a single site, being cosplay1.com. I've seen all the good feedback on here, and am excited to have received a response from them, but the e-mail I got from them seems sort of fishy...

it has the info I submitted to the cosplay1.com site, but the reference links in the e-mail lead to non-existent pages and the e-mail reference seems made up (emankganteng@gmail.com & labalaba_terbang@yahoo.com). does anyone have any advice for what i should do?

any input would be greatly appreciated! thank you!
2. Archer
3. Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi.to.ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #330
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi.to.ri View Post
hey!

i've been scanning through this commissioner thread for a few weeks now, and have attempted to order commissions from a few of the commissioners, but have only had a response from a single site, being cosplay1.com. I've seen all the good feedback on here, and am excited to have received a response from them, but the e-mail I got from them seems sort of fishy...

it has the info I submitted to the cosplay1.com site, but the reference links in the e-mail lead to non-existent pages and the e-mail reference seems made up (emankganteng@gmail.com & labalaba_terbang@yahoo.com). does anyone have any advice for what i should do?

any input would be greatly appreciated! thank you!
She is an amazing comissioner and you shouldnt be scared. You can ask her directly on her thread here for a quote or something. Her cosplay.com thread is here:http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...=74302&page=15