Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 05-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #16
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

hello everyone, yesterday i went to tft hall in tokyo (odaiba) to the cosmode event and there were 2 or 3 gaijin ! i would like to know if they were some one from this forum jaja i went with my merle's costume.......

INGLATERRA; Hola yo estoy viviendo en japon y yo voy a los eventos de cosplay aqui, lo que te puedo decir es que si no entiendes japones si es algo dificil al momento de preguntar por donde te cambias o cuando te dan instrucciones..... y las personas que trabajan en los eventos no saben hablar ingles :s asi que creo que si es algo dificil!
emeraude is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #17
Inglaterra

Ups! Bueno, entonces tendré que quemarme las pestañas un rato O_oU, te agradezco el dato, Emeraude
Unread 06-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #18
Sparks Padfoot
I am otaku..how bout you?

I think that all this is a good idea. I would like to be a part of it. I have good japanese but bad kanji, i think that this would be useful....more info plz.
Unread 07-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #19
mrskalal
O_o

I don't speak much Japanese at all either, but I've never let that stop me. Maybe I'll force one of my Japanese friends to come with me. Haha. This sounds like fun and I'm definitely going to mark it on my calendar.

Also, does anyone know anything about Tokyo Game Show? My husband says there's some cosplay there and he's a gamer and wants to go for the games.

Future:

White Mage
Black Mage
Chie Satonaka
Teddie (Kuma)

Last edited by mrskalal : 07-09-2006 at 07:54 AM.
mrskalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #20
zotaro515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazenokibou
I don't think Comiket has no-guys-crossplay rule. I believe nightko was just saying that some events do, not Comiket in particular.
There isn't a rule about crossplaying for comiket.
I've seen a lot of guys as maids or in sailor outfits there!

For anybody who's thinking of going, I think Comiket is a crowded but gaijin-friendly event compared to the other cosplay events.
You don't really have to be able to speak Japanese, but it's nice if you know basic stuff like how to ask for directions etc.

As for other cosplay events to go, there usually is an event going on
every sunday in Tokyo. Some are all-nighters where you dance the night away in your costume
zotaro515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #21
haruna
Fear my cookies of rue

AX has passed so I'm not so crazily busy so I'm going to start doing some more on my preliminary comiket-based guide.

To the JP folks here: what would be the top 10 cosplay events in Japan? If that's a difficult/semi-irrelevant question, then what are other types of events people cosplay at?
comiket/other doujin selling events/dances/specific series events/etc?

Thanks!
Unread 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #22
-Naraku-
hellmaster

sorry, where I can register me per internet for the comiket? Can it be possible?
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #23
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Naraku, you don't have to register for Comiket. You just show up the day of and go in. It costs 600yen to enter the cosplay changing area, otherwise it's all free.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #24
-Naraku-
hellmaster

only 600 Yen? cool thanks! ^^ I know that its fro free without the cosplay zone, but I don't know how much it cost. thanks! ^^
Unread 09-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #25
Lisandra

Hello!
I`m going to Tokyo this november.
Can you tell me if there will be some events?
Lisandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #26
haruna
Fear my cookies of rue

Yay Cosmode issue #12!
There's a Cosplay Event Guide in there that lists popular event locations + stores in the vicinity, some popular sites to hit up and so forth.
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #27
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

Im going to Winter Comiket in December and I am going cosplay.In fact I just bought the plane ticket today. I am looking forward to seeing some of the perfection of Japanese cosplay. I have lived in Japan for a while on the island of Okinawa. However there was hardly any cosplaying done there.
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #28
Fo-
Suna Gakure

2zotaro515

As for other cosplay events to go, there usually is an event going on
every sunday in Tokyo. Some are all-nighters where you dance the night away in your costume

Wow! I 'd love to go to such event!!!
Fo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:13 AM   #29
tenjouusagi
Bishoujo Duelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadesico81 View Post
Im going to Winter Comiket in December and I am going cosplay.In fact I just bought the plane ticket today. I am looking forward to seeing some of the perfection of Japanese cosplay. I have lived in Japan for a while on the island of Okinawa. However there was hardly any cosplaying done there.
REALLY?! I live in Okinawa now. Is there anything at all to look forward to here, or should I just hold out until next year for Winter Comiket? We're trying to go back to VA for Nekocon in Nov, so if we can do that we won't have the money for Winter Comiket this year. =3
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #30
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjouusagi View Post
REALLY?! I live in Okinawa now. Is there anything at all to look forward to here, or should I just hold out until next year for Winter Comiket? We're trying to go back to VA for Nekocon in Nov, so if we can do that we won't have the money for Winter Comiket this year. =3
Are you stationed there for the Military? If so are you Air Force or USMC? Honestly the plane ticket to Tokyo and the Hotel would be cheaper then buying airline tickets to go back to the states.

As for Okinawa there is not a whole heck of alot there when it comes to Anime and Cosplay. Most of the decent anime stuff is bought at flea markets and small comic shops. There is only one or two good comic/Anime shops on the island.

Total Military/Action Cosplayer

"When I become Führer all female officers will be required to where tiny mini skirts!" Roy Mustang FMA
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote