Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #361
cardcaptorX

Hi

I was looking for a custom made sailor moon costume for crossplayer by googleing

I only found mooncostumes.com

pro:
one of the reps guide a website for measurements
since I am a boy I have use a girl's measurements
at first for a sailor moon custom made costume with adjustments would take 4 wks around august and cost about $90.

con:
they did not mention if the commission cost included tax, s&H and ins.
they prefer paypal for payment.
for a sailor moon custom made costume with adjustments would take 6 wks
because they were behind schedule and halloween was coming up sept 1.
two differ reps answered my questions
The first rep last asked "what I like" and when I gave my reply, I never seen any of the reponses afterwards.
The 2nd rep took over to answer any remaining questions I asked.
there are 2 differ address for moon costumes, one is in S Carolina and when I asked for cosplayers feedback, the other moon costmes is in Florida and a differ owner.
I asked the 2nd rep which costume store is the real one, no reply via e-mail

When I asked the rep display any photos of their finished costumes, they won't.

The moon costumes in S carolina was in business for 1 yr and not won any awards from any anime conventions for the costumes.

Also they will not reveal the status of the costume while making it. no photos either.
cardcaptorX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #362
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcaptorX View Post
Hi

I was looking for a custom made sailor moon costume for crossplayer by googleing

I only found mooncostumes.com

pro:
one of the reps guide a website for measurements
since I am a boy I have use a girl's measurements
at first for a sailor moon custom made costume with adjustments would take 4 wks around august and cost about $90.

con:
they did not mention if the commission cost included tax, s&H and ins.
they prefer paypal for payment.
for a sailor moon custom made costume with adjustments would take 6 wks
because they were behind schedule and halloween was coming up sept 1.
two differ reps answered my questions
The first rep last asked "what I like" and when I gave my reply, I never seen any of the reponses afterwards.
The 2nd rep took over to answer any remaining questions I asked.
there are 2 differ address for moon costumes, one is in S Carolina and when I asked for cosplayers feedback, the other moon costmes is in Florida and a differ owner.
I asked the 2nd rep which costume store is the real one, no reply via e-mail

When I asked the rep display any photos of their finished costumes, they won't.

The moon costumes in S carolina was in business for 1 yr and not won any awards from any anime conventions for the costumes.

Also they will not reveal the status of the costume while making it. no photos either.
First of all, I don't see why you would order from such a huge costume company. Basically for your money you are getting halloween quality that has a net. value of $15.

Also, with a costume company that huge they don't post progress pictures or pictures of every finished one they made of "x" character. This isn't some seamstress sitting in her living room. This is a large impersonal company.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #363
Kakashi101
Fangirl with teeth

Fatalinjection- That really sucks! But I know what it's like to re-do a whole costume with a hot glue gun. Costumes can come looking amazing, but when the time comes to wear it and it's all loose, or that certian shoulder part dosn't seem to go where it's supposed do, it ruins everything. From your photos it seemed you pulled an all nighter to fix it and you did a great job. I too have no seamtress abiltys, but I weild a hot glue gun like a crazy person.

Anywho! This is not a cosplay, nor is it a prop for a cosplay, but it was hand made by this commissioner. He does indeed do cosplay too, and it looks like he really knows what he is doing! A- he pulled out the sushi pillow from no where since I randomly requested it and it turned out fantastic. And B- Go check out his Trance Kuja. He knows how to put stuff together. For cearel. So by those standard I felt it would be fair to give him some credit and feedback for anyone else who is looking for something both cosplay and non-cosplay related. Now that's talent! He can both!. Haha.
I'm reveiwing Trigonsson!
Name of Commissioner: Trigonsson

Website/C.com gallery: http://members.cosplay.com/member/24700/

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: It's a sushi pillow!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...n/Sushitop.jpg

Front:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Sushifront.jpg

Side:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../sushiside.jpg

embroidered tail:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ushidetail.jpg

Complementary Wasabi!! SO CUTE!!! >_<!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...son/wasabi.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Umm...maybe a little more than a week? 2 weeks at most.

Pros: Everything. I had doubts if he would be able to do what I invisioned in my head, cause his other plushies (although super cute) were not what I wanted. So when I asked if he could make a sushi pillow, he said, yeah no problem. Cleary he had no problem becuase it is the softest and most comfertable thing I own!
The best part is that the shrimp piece can be removed from the rice block!!! In the Japanese magazine- GUSH- you can buy a pillow sorta like this one. And although it's cheaper from there, it's smaller, does not come apart, and looks to be made of something that is no where near as soft as what I got. Totally worth the extra money, no question.
He also asked me the opion of either spray brushing the detail onto the shrimp part, or sowing it. I went with sowing since I figured if I was going to be sleeping on it, I wouldn't want it to smell like fumes and kill me in my sleep. XD
What else? Umm...all my college friends think it's one of the coolest pillows they had ever seen, and now they all want to sleep on it. I take it apart and play with the shrimp. I make 'woosh' sounds with it and make it fly around..<_<...moving on!

Cons: None. It's a big squishy pillow. Nothing can go wrong with that really!

Comments: When I get some more free cash to burn, I will order again from him! I think it would awesome if my bed was covered with these big sushi pieces. They are just so cute!! They make great gifts and make a dorm feel all cozy.
He makes other things to, so just ask him, cause he'll make it!!

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Kakashi101 : 09-15-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Kakashi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #364
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

I'm going to make this very, very clear here.

I've spoken with a lawyer, and if fatalinjection says anything to another one of my customers ever again, that she has no interaction with, she will be getting sued for her actions.

She has no rights to speak to my customers without my permission. She left her review, and that's all she has the right to leave.

What is going on between Hersha and I has nothing to do with her transaction, and if she continues. She will be sued. So this is a forwarning. I wanted to know what my rights were before I said anything, so I made sure to check. This is not an idle threat, this is something that I feel is necessary.

I have no problems making it very open how rude she was to my husband when he explained very nicely to her that I had a family emergency that called me away from home for a week and a half.

I would like this to end and if it doesn't, I will proceed with what I need to legally. Its not entirely fair that she can leave all the feedback she wants about me, and I can't leave any feedback about her or her actions or attitudes either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Costumes::
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue
Sakura-hime - Tsubasa Chronicles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Costumes I wanna make if I ever get around to it:
Ichihara Yuuko - XXXHOLiC
Kusakabe Maron - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #365
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
I'm going to make this very, very clear here.

I've spoken with a lawyer, and if fatalinjection says anything to another one of my customers ever again, that she has no interaction with, she will be getting sued for her actions.

She has no rights to speak to my customers without my permission. She left her review, and that's all she has the right to leave.

What is going on between Hersha and I has nothing to do with her transaction, and if she continues. She will be sued. So this is a forwarning. I wanted to know what my rights were before I said anything, so I made sure to check. This is not an idle threat, this is something that I feel is necessary.

I have no problems making it very open how rude she was to my husband when he explained very nicely to her that I had a family emergency that called me away from home for a week and a half.

I would like this to end and if it doesn't, I will proceed with what I need to legally. Its not entirely fair that she can leave all the feedback she wants about me, and I can't leave any feedback about her or her actions or attitudes either.
Excuse me? This is just laughable now. Hersha contacted me personally ages ago after I left my review for you, when she was still trying to get you to even reply to her, and you're trying to tell me it's illegal for me to speak to her? Please. Don't make me laugh. You provide a service, and if customers are unsatisfied with your service, it is not illegal at all to speak honestly and truthfully about how you were during my transaction, and to warn others about how you conduct things so that their money isn't wasted.

Go ahead and sue me, you have no case. If anything, you're lucky I didn't sue YOU for the costume that I received and the 'service' that I received from you. But, again, I have the pictures to back it up, and although I was content with the partial refund you gave me and just warning others not to waste their time and money with you, if you wanna play that game, well, baby, that's a game for two.

And thanks, Kakashi101 ^_^ It really did suck, and I did have to pull an all-nighter, but I think it still turned out alright. Glad that I'm getting it re-made, though.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex

Last edited by fatalinjection : 09-15-2007 at 02:44 PM.
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #366
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Excuse me? This is just laughable, now. Hersha contacted me personally ages ago after I left my review for you, when she was still trying to get you to reply to her, and you're trying to tell me it's illegal for me to speak to her? Please. Don't make me laugh. You provide a service, and if customers are unsatisfied with your service, it is not illegal at all to speak honestly and truthfully about how you were during my transaction, and to warn others about how you conduct things so that their money isn't wasted.

Go ahead and sue me, you have no case. If anything, you're lucky I didn't sue YOU for the costume that I received and the 'service' that I received from you. But, again, I have the pictures to back it up, and although I was content with the partial refund you gave me and just warning others not to waste their time and money with you, if you wanna play that game, well, baby, that's a game for two.

And thanks, Kakashi101 ^_^ It really did suck, and I did have to pull an all-nighter, but I think it still turned out alright. Glad that I'm getting it re-made, though.
If you spoke to Hersha, then why are you calling HIM a Her.

Please get your information correct next time, and keep away from my current customers. You weren't happy, you didn't contact me, you got a partial refund, and you got 2 pairs of hakama pants in your costume ((my husbands mistake)) which you really should've returned and never did. However you come on here, acting like you REMADE the entire costume, when from your images all you did was increase the side holes on the top, which according to the reference pictures that you provided were accurate to me.

I'm sorry you had a lousy transaction, but please stop or you will hear from my lawyer. I'm asking you nicely to stop, and you seem to insist that you're speaking to my customers behind my back. I don't find it very nice what your up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unread 09-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #367
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
If you spoke to Hersha, then why are you calling HIM a Her.

Please get your information correct next time, and keep away from my current customers. You weren't happy, you didn't contact me, you got a partial refund, and you got 2 pairs of hakama pants in your costume ((my husbands mistake)) which you really should've returned and never did. However you come on here, acting like you REMADE the entire costume, when from your images all you did was increase the side holes on the top, which according to the reference pictures that you provided were accurate to me.

I'm sorry you had a lousy transaction, but please stop or you will hear from my lawyer. I'm asking you nicely to stop, and you seem to insist that you're speaking to my customers behind my back. I don't find it very nice what your up to.
Because HE IMed me and PMed me instead of speaking to me in person? I'm sorry that I'm not psychic and can't immediately tell a person's gender online. I still have the PM emails to prove it, though I doubt I'd have to, because he knows that he IMed me :\ Hersha being a male or female doesn't change that fact that he was unsatisfied with you, read that I also was, and contacted me. I did nothing wrong to comfort him and wish him luck that his transaction went better than mine.

2 pairs? One was made of a really crappy fabric and appeared to be just a mock-up, which is what I assumed they were, and that he had accidentally included them. I highly doubt those were for someone else's costume, and if they were, well...I hope you certainly didn't charge them very much for it, and if they/you'd like to pay me for the shipping, I'd be happy to send them back.

And no, I did more than change the side holes. I had to change those and the entire bottom of the jacket, which was a.) too long, and b.) totally inaccurate. I couldn't change the inaccurate neckline, so I just had to deal with that, as well as the black sash which had to be tied in the back, making that inaccurate as well. I also could do nothing to change the sleeve length, which should have been much longer. The hakama were constructed oddly, so I had to make panels for the sides, because the slits were much longer & wider than they were supposed to be. There was also only one set of ties on them, instead of two like on actual hakama. The pants were also six feet long. I'm 5'8 and provided accurate measurements, so I have no idea how the hell that happened. The hakama that you sent that I thought to be a mock-up (due to the cheapness of the fabric and the off color) fit just fine, sadly.

I'm not 'up to' anything. You screwed me over, so I'm warning people about you, and as long as I'm telling the truth (which I am), that is not illegal. It's like if you went to a restaurant and the waiters were rude, the food was bad, and there was a fly in your drink. Would it be wrong of you to tell your friends who were eating there about how bad your experience was? In the end, it's still their decision, but a nice person would be sure to warn them.

So, really, let me hear from your lawyer. Again, you really have no case, but if you feel that's the avenue you must go down, I'm all for it, because I'm not going to stop warning people about how you've ripped people off in the past, sorry. I see nothing wrong with that, and nothing in your actions that would convince me otherwise. Though, really, I doubt I even HAVE to warn people about you, now. Your own actions are digging you further into a hole than my or Hersha's original posts ever could.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex

Last edited by fatalinjection : 09-15-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #368
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

O_o

No to be rude, but can we keep our arguments to PM's or something? O_o

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #369
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
O_o

No to be rude, but can we keep our arguments to PM's or something? O_o
I'm fine with that! She's definitely free to PM me if she'd like to.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #370
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

This is a formal warning from the mods. The purpose of this thread is to post reviews of commissioners. It's fine if the reviewed commissioners reply to give updates on past situations, but this is getting severely out of hand.

Please keep the reviews only about your own transactions and please do not get involved in another person's transaction.
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #371
Seldarine
Resident Moon Kitty

Name of Commissioner: Desu Ka
Website/C.com gallery http://www.desu-ka.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)Princess Jupiter

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1258752

Timeline (how long your order took to process) 1 year

Describe your Experience.
Pros: I love Jupiter. I always wanted to cosplay her Princess form. So I asked Amber Clark to do the commission for me because I do not have the time anymore to do some of my own costumes. So she said ok. For the dress it was $200. That is pretty reasonable. So I took it. I love this dress.
Cons: I have to be careful in it. It will get stepped on.
Comments.: The only thing that bothered me I did not get the green roses on the dress. I had to seek those out and put them on my costume. Thats the only problem I did have.

Final Grade: A- I did not get the roses.
Seldarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #372
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Should be noted, that when this dress was ordered from me, it was asked for no specific timeline and I was told to "take my time". She finally gave me a date that she wanted for and I made sure to meet that.

I did goof on the roses though. I had them done and there next to the dress and forgot to put them in the box. That was my honest mistake.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:57 AM   #373
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

True Heki, however from reading all this, I think it may be a good thing that they both post and that these post are left here. I know I have nothing to do with this, but from reading all this, it would seem that fatalinjection is in the right here. If her and others have had trouble with BlueCosplayAnge, then she should be free to warn others, that way they too may not go through this trouble. I know from my own trouble with 3 other commissioners, that getting ripped off hurts, and you want to do your best to warn others so that they may too not have to go threw it. So by leaving post, such as these, other too will no what to look for with a dishonest commissioner.

I have said my piece, and I leave the rest up to the mods, but I would like to personally thank fatalinjection for putting up with all this, and showing others how bad commissioners are.

<3 all
Tifa

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #374
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

Name of Commissioner: Cosplayying

Website/C.com gallery: ebay user name: cosplayying

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Rogue's suit from the X-Men movies

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...077&member=127

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered in early to mid July. Received early august!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
As someone who never commissions, especially off ebay, I was concerned at first. My fiance wanted us to get X-men costumes as a fun diversion from all the stuff we WERE working on for dragoncon, and came across this seller, cosplayying, on ebay. They currently had up a Wolverine suit, and we contacted them to see if they would also make a Rogue suit. They said yes, we ordered, I sent them my measurements, and I sat back with my fingers crossed.

Pros: Quick communication, fast shipping! Outfit was fairly well-made, had a great time wearing it. And wow, it is really nice to have a costume just show up at your doorstep! LOL

Cons: Suit was too big - I have a feeling it was made to a generic size instead of to measurements, but it was fairly easy to fix (took in the waist, hips, and legs, and took a dart up the back.)

Final Grade: A!
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #375
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
True Heki, however from reading all this, I think it may be a good thing that they both post and that these post are left here. I know I have nothing to do with this, but from reading all this, it would seem that fatalinjection is in the right here. If her and others have had trouble with BlueCosplayAnge, then she should be free to warn others, that way they too may not go through this trouble. I know from my own trouble with 3 other commissioners, that getting ripped off hurts, and you want to do your best to warn others so that they may too not have to go threw it. So by leaving post, such as these, other too will no what to look for with a dishonest commissioner.

I have said my piece, and I leave the rest up to the mods, but I would like to personally thank fatalinjection for putting up with all this, and showing others how bad commissioners are.

<3 all
Tifa
The problem Tifa, is fatalinjection getting involved with something that she should not have been involved with from the start.

And if you really want to get technical, in this case its both parties fault and not just the commissioner. She hasn't been the easiest person to deal with, taking up a personal vendetta the way she has.

Please just let this end now. I was the one that contacted the admins to have this stopped, and that's why Heki commented here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~