Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegeeky View Post
Ahh crap, I forgot about travel. My mum doesn't know her way around Preston. Some of my friends are going with me too and they live near by so hopefully I can get a lift from them. I still need to tell my mum that i want to make a costume ad dress up, hopefully she will take it well.
Thats problem two. It wouldnt be that much of a problem if mine was a normal costume, but since its Kig it makes it harder, expecially when my parents dont want it to leave the house x_x
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
Angel of Cruxis

Oooh... I just asked my dad about the ReCon in Preston. Preston is about an hour away from where I live so I'm considering it? I'm gonna ask my parents about it and hopefully go along with my cosplay group (FFExpoClan). I'll probably be going as Sheena from Tales of Symphonia if I end up going, as I'll be wearing that for the Midlands Expo that weekend. I'll have to make sure it's comfy =)

Just a question though. It says on the website that tickets are £1 - Can you buy them on the day or do you need to go to the shop beforehand and buy tickets then? If anyone knows can you tell me so I can sort out arrangements to go down there~ ^^

Angel of Cruxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Cruxis View Post
Oooh... I just asked my dad about the ReCon in Preston. Preston is about an hour away from where I live so I'm considering it? I'm gonna ask my parents about it and hopefully go along with my cosplay group (FFExpoClan). I'll probably be going as Sheena from Tales of Symphonia if I end up going, as I'll be wearing that for the Midlands Expo that weekend. I'll have to make sure it's comfy =)

Just a question though. It says on the website that tickets are £1 - Can you buy them on the day or do you need to go to the shop beforehand and buy tickets then? If anyone knows can you tell me so I can sort out arrangements to go down there~ ^^
As far as I know, you can pre-buy tickets before the day comes, which Ill have to do soon if Im gonna go. Still aint sure if I can get a ride or not
Unread 09-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #19
Littlegeeky

Damn I'mnot goig to have my costume done for the 10th I went on holiday for 2 weeks and I've had to do a stupid Summer project for collage. I don't think I can even go, grrrr. Oh well I surpose I can Amecon 2008 I hope
Littlegeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #20
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!

Quote:
Damn I'mnot goig to have my costume done for the 10th I went on holiday for 2 weeks and I've had to do a stupid Summer project for collage. I don't think I can even go, grrrr. Oh well I surpose I can Amecon 2008 I hope
Neither am I ><. some freinds are trying to get me to go to Fuyucon, but I aint sure if I could even get to that this year
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #21
ArbiterSky
13th Grey Knight Adeptus

Easiest way to get round ur parents with the "First time cosplaying shock" and the parents thinkin wtf is do what i did, make ur costume without them knowing... then 1 day come down stairs if your family are eating together in your full costume... and say dad... i need to tell you something... im a cosplayer XD

he just sat there like, u weirdo... cool costume tho XD

Luckily he likes FF7 and i was dressed as cloud...

My mum still thinks im weird XD

Anyway, im from manchester too (Altrincham)

"Use no way as way, No limitation as limitation" - Bruce Lee

COSTUMES -

Grey Knight (Warhammer 40k) - 5%
Raphael (Soul Calibur Series) - 60%
Arbiter Sky (Custom Sith lord) - 100%
Cloud Strife (FF7:AC) - 100%
Vampire Lord Sky (Custom) - 100%
Air Warlock (Custom) - 100%
ArbiterSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #22
Littlegeeky

My parents just think I'm wierd anyway lol. Wow quite a few people live in Manchester, I went there today to do some shopping and found that WHSmith sells manga O_o I knew Waterstones did but now they are too!
Littlegeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #23
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!

Quote:
My parents just think I'm wierd anyway lol. Wow quite a few people live in Manchester, I went there today to do some shopping and found that WHSmith sells manga O_o I knew Waterstones did but now they are too!
So do some Woolworths, the preston one had a offer on before, buy one get one half price (I picked up Fruits basket and got Elemental Gallade for half price)
Unread 09-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
MissPimperella

Hi, I'm also from Manchester.
I'm currently in Oldham but soon to be moving otherside of Manchester.
MissPimperella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:56 AM   #25
Arzamas

Originally from the United States, I am now in Liverpool. I have mostly been attending Otakon for the past 3 years (also Necronomicon one year in Tampa, Florida) and wondering what sort of conventions are happening in our (my new) area? I have only done two cosplays thus far, but I am definitely looking forward to doing more!
Arzamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #26
Spinni

I'm from Liverpool and it's not surprising to say I don't know anyone (besides you cool people) that like cosplay and live near me. So umm.. Hi! Nice to meet you all. *Bow*
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #27
Jessy-Fran
Mancunian Lolita

I'm from the Manchester area! The only people I know who are into Cosplay are my friends (Unsurprisingly) so it's nice to know there are others out there!

To-Do List
-Waka Okami
-Colette Tales of Symphonia
Jessy-Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #28
Kamineko_ii
"Everything's In Place!"

Go, go, northwest!

With our... um... very few cons, and usually pretty pants fabric stores, we're sure to win the day! Hooray!

Sometime later...: Ethan Kairos, Time Hollow
Kamineko_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #29
Angel of Cruxis

@Arzamas: I think I'm right in saying the cons that are closest to us would be... Midlands MCM Expo and Collectormania Manchester. Midlands MCM Expo is only held once a year in September, and Collectormania Manchester is held twice a year - Once in Feb/March time, and again in November.

On a side note, was anyone else hoping to get a con in Liverpool for 2008, being Capital of Culture and all? My friends and I were hoping for it to happen, but alas - No word of anything so far. xD

Also, where do you all usually go to buy cosplay supplies and such? I mostly go to Abakhan in Birkenhead, and rarely go to Hobbycraft in Chester.

Angel of Cruxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
Kamineko_ii
"Everything's In Place!"

I've been looking for a decent materials place for ages... only just found the Abakhan in Liverpool. It's stinkin' huge! \o/

I'm sick of the Capital of Culture stuff, it's annoying hearing about the same rubbish every day, plus there's posters on the trains and stuff. It's a load of rubbish.

Sometime later...: Ethan Kairos, Time Hollow
Kamineko_ii is offline   Reply With Quote