Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Edo2003

Metrocon 2008 (Some 2007 included)

Hello all!

So, this is about discussion of last years Metrocon (2007) And Next year.

Some of you might have seen me there as the host of the Risembool Rangers panel, and I would like some reviews on it for next year.

If you have photos or anything, post'em!
Edo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Shokora
O Tannenbaum...

Hi!!!! I just wanna keep this thread alive....I'll be attending my first Metrocon next year It'll be great to meet people!!!! I will most likely be doing my Trinity Blood Cosplays for the whole con, but I may throw in some of the others per request, lol!!!!
Fruits Basket: Hatori Sohma
Hetalia: WW2 Greatcoat Germany (manga)
Kuroshitsuji: Sebastian Michaelis
Shokora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

Next year will be my first Metrocon! I wasn't able to go to the recent one because I was getting married.
Can't wait to meet new people!
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Wow, so much new blood already! XD

While I'm enjoying a bit of downtime after running three panels and participating in both the Fantasy Masquerade and Metrochess, I already miss my favorite convention. I love seeing new faces each year!

...Darn you all for getting me re-excited. *pouts*
Friday: Casual Merrill (DA:2), Dress, Cowboy (Dr. Horrible). Saturday: A-20 (.hack), Dasha (Orlandia), Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter). Sunday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Edo2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKitsune View Post
Wow, so much new blood already! XD

While I'm enjoying a bit of downtime after running three panels and participating in both the Fantasy Masquerade and Metrochess, I already miss my favorite convention. I love seeing new faces each year!

...Darn you all for getting me re-excited. *pouts*
What panels did you host? And what characters were you in the chess match?XD My Memory is blanking out badly.
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
TheMask3dPenguin
Avenging Global Warming

Hey, I'm already getting started for next year, planning panels and all XD Not to mention costume work x x I'll be running the Mask Making panel again, for those who are interested or went this year. I'll also be running my Saiyuki panel (hopefully) and a new surprise panel or two! ...And I'll be trying out for the Masquerade and Chess again. Man, I'm not gonna get any sleep come Metro next year XD

ChibiKitsune and I and some friends run Whose Line is it Anime at Metro- she's pretty much the host though XD. She was also Gojyo at my Saiyuki panel. I'm always Goku XD

The costumer formerly known as .hack//chaos :O

MegaCon 2009- Rogue (X-Men), The Firey (CCS), Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)

Metrocon 2008- Tsunade, Leader of the Metro Chunin Exams
Metrocon 2009- Panel Room Co-Coordinator

Soon to come: Metrocon 2009, AFO 2009
TheMask3dPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Yeah. I run the Whose Line and pretend I know what I'm doing. =D I also participated in .hack's Saiyuki panel, as stated. I was faerie princess Gojyo this time around. Thanks a lot, Goku.

Still no pictures of that, huh?

This year for chess I was one of the ninjas (the female in red and black) and one of the Knights of the Round (twin blades, orange tunic). I was Zoicite at the Masquerade if you were there.

Next year is going to be insane panel wise. Not only is Whose Line coming back (again... what is wrong with you people who keep asking for it back?), I'll be in panels for two different series (Saiyuki and one that's still a secret - gotta check with my head honcho to see if she wants it leaked yet), the latter of which will consist of at least two panels. I'm also looking into running another game show type panel (the contents of which are still being tweaked) as well as (hopefully) chess match.

... I mean, I'm not obsessed. Really.
Friday: Casual Merrill (DA:2), Dress, Cowboy (Dr. Horrible). Saturday: A-20 (.hack), Dasha (Orlandia), Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter). Sunday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM)
Unread 08-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
TheMask3dPenguin
Avenging Global Warming

No sweat, stupid kappa ^ ^ V

Oh, for anyone that attended the Saiyuki panel this year, what would you like me to do for next year? Though I have some ideas, I'm still open for suggestions ^ ^

The costumer formerly known as .hack//chaos :O

MegaCon 2009- Rogue (X-Men), The Firey (CCS), Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)

Metrocon 2008- Tsunade, Leader of the Metro Chunin Exams
Metrocon 2009- Panel Room Co-Coordinator

Soon to come: Metrocon 2009, AFO 2009

Last edited by TheMask3dPenguin : 08-26-2007 at 09:30 PM.
TheMask3dPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I can't wait for MetroCon 2008! The Ouran panel will return better than ever, and I'm already working with my group on our major costumes for next year...but it's a secret so I can't be talking about it. ^_^ I can't wait!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
Edo2003

Seems everyone whos posted is all planning panels away XD

I'm working with a bit more effort on my panel this year. It's 2 hours and hosted for 2 days XD And we DO give out prizes and have a talent compition.

Oh! I remember seeing you at the Masquerade XD I was right up on the stage. Albeit I work for a photography group, I didn't get good images this past year to do injury on my foot and not able to do a whole lot of walking and moving about DX But next year, I want to get a lot of pictures. So If I suddenly run into your panel, take pictures, and disappear..yeah XD That's why. I might actually get a job at conplayers.com 83 Though they don't pay, I get closer access to everything now and days with that.

I wish I knew the dates for next years convention. DX It bugs me not knowing at this point and time. It's already Sept. *counts* It's another 9 or 10 months, I think, before Metro ago. So far away D: But ah well.
Unread 09-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
Leenus

defly going net year and alreadymaking plans and cosplay Ideas. Can't wait to see new faces next year.
Unread 09-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
SiriusLoveGirl
The Sphinx

I'm almost definitely going next year. It was waaaay too much fun this year, but I could only go on Saturday. I hope to go all 3 days!

Megacon 2014
Nagisa Hazuki - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Saturday)

Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan (Sunday)

SiriusLoveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
Aleera
Master Thief

Seeing the new dates - July 18 - 20, 2008 aren't too close to Anime Expo, I hope to return for another year of Metrocon.
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #14
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Oh, man.

Another panel. >D

Another secret panel. XD

I'm... gonna die.