Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #31
lacaena
NewType

It sounds really involved but its not that bad, wonderflex bonds to itself really well, and the 3d fabric paint is just for detail work, just a lot of sanding and primering involved. As for the antiquing I've read how to do it and I've worked with all of the ingredients separately but never together so it should be an adventure.
Actually this is a similar technique to how I made my ANBU armor.

Last edited by lacaena : 09-23-2007 at 06:10 PM.
lacaena is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2007, 02:52 AM   #32
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Oh ok, I get it... yeah I've worked with wonderflex before...it didn't turn out too well lol so I wish you better luck than I had. After trying the craft foam armour idea I prefer it over wonderflex. and that Anbu costume looks great ^^ I actually don't know who that character as, but I googled it so I have an idea lol do you know when you'll have pictures up? I'm excited to see everyones progress

as for my progress, I have another picture lol...I finished my friend's Kai hat:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1271670

Like I said in the description I might re-do it...I'm a detail freak and when I looked at the pictures and realised how much I left out I really want to make it again lol
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
Aleera
Master Thief

Nariko: I've ordered the wig, I'm planning this for 2008 debut.

So it is silver in color for both the InGame and CG if I am not mistaken. I originally thought it was shiny white when I saw the trailer. Too bad I can't afford a PS3 right now. I have the pics of the official site though. All of them look silver, which would be great since I have silver fabric around. I thought it was spandex, so I know nothing of using illusion fabric.
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #34
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Aleera: Cool! Just out of curiosity, what wig did you order? I'm still waiting for mine to deliver...if I'm lucky it'll get here soon and I can work on it while I'm in Florida for 2 weeks xD and what do you mean 'it's silver'? what's silver? I'm confused...
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #35
lacaena
NewType

If your talking about the fabric of her outfit it looks off white to me, at least concept art is, actual game play it looks more arctic white. I went with a bone colored monace satin for the costume but the stuff Xavietta is using looks really nice too...

This is as far as I am on the belt right now, I'm waiting till I actually get the leather before I cut it out in case I need to mod the size. The first pic is of the 3d fabric paint on the wonderflex, the second is of the pattern I'm using for the belt and the third is obviously the wonderflex.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...abricpaint.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ar/pattern.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...r/drawnout.jpg

Last edited by lacaena : 09-26-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Added links.
Unread 09-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #36
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Ah sorry guys! I kinda fell of the face of the earth for a bit. Darn exams!

Xavietta: I'm so sorry! I still can't really figure it out! It happens so fast when the swords seperate.

And...yes...I'm confused about the "silver" comment too. If you are talking about the main fabric its really....not. lol. Its more off white. Nariko is in a tribe that protects the heavenly sword, and the tribe is on the run from Lord Bohan. Therefore i wouldn't make it too glamorous. At least that's what i would do.

Ahhhhh armor is so intense. Lol I've read so much about how to make armor and stuff, but I am so afraid to make any of it @_@
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #37
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Lacaena: Great progress so far I can't wait to see more. I like the idea of using 3-D fabric paint, I always end up making a mess with it but yours looks nice and in control xD

Tsuki Neko: Thanks for looking anyway A friend of mine was looking at one of the pictures I found and he noticed where they separate. After I saw it too it was obvious

As for HOW they actually separate, I have no idea lol but my dad and I figured out an easy (if not time consuming) way to separate them. I say time consuming because it'll take a few minutes to separate them, when in reality it should be instant lol. Here's the progress I have so far on those:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274927

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274928

I won't get another chance to work on them for a while due to vacations lol so that's it for the swords for now xD
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #38
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Lacaena: Great progress so far I can't wait to see more. I like the idea of using 3-D fabric paint, I always end up making a mess with it but yours looks nice and in control xD

Tsuki Neko: Thanks for looking anyway A friend of mine was looking at one of the pictures I found and he noticed where they separate. After I saw it too it was obvious

As for HOW they actually separate, I have no idea lol but my dad and I figured out an easy (if not time consuming) way to separate them. I say time consuming because it'll take a few minutes to separate them, when in reality it should be instant lol. Here's the progress I have so far on those:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274927

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274928

I won't get another chance to work on them for a while due to vacations lol so that's it for the swords for now xD
That is perfect! Excellent work!
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #39
lacaena
NewType

I've been working on the circlet that she wears, I'm nearly done just some detail work then antiquing it, I'll post some pics later.
And omg that sword looks awesome, is that just a sketch on paper or is that on wonderflex? I was going the foam route to make mine (a modified version of this tutorial) course I leave prop making to my fiancee and I do all the sewing so since he hasn't really got a start on it I have no pics of that -_-"
Unread 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #40
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thank you! I love my swords xD I can't wait to see your circlet, I decided to wait until after I've styled the wig (which still hasn't delivered -_-) to make mine.

The sword is still just on paper at this point, it's going to be made from 1/2 in plastic sheeting though

While I'm on vacation I'm going to remake my friend's Kai hat, but I don't have a camera so I still won't have any progress pictures for a while lol
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #41
lacaena
NewType

The circlet is nearly done I have to add a couple small details, paint the dots gold and antique the whole thing but here's the pics as I made it. Sorry about the pic quality on some of these I took some with my phone and some with my camera.
Here's the pattern
and the sketch on the wonderflex, I bonded them together then cut out another piece exactly the same but cut out a triangle in the middle but I didn't bother with a pic of that.
This is after
I bent it to shape and with the new center piece attached.
This is after
a lot of sanding and a couple coats of Gesso. I sanded it with a power sander before I ever cut it out which saved time but their was still a lot of elbow work. I chose Gesso to smooth it out rather then my usual primer because it was easier to control and the primer I use is high build and I wasn't going to go buy a can of regular primer for one little prop. btw anyone who may be thinking of making it this way be sure to cover the wonderflex in a plastic primer before you start applying gesso, it helps it stick.
This is after several coats of Rub and Buff and acrylic floor paint. The brown dots are the fabric paint which still need sanding and a coat of rub and buff. I'll post more pics when I'm finished with it.

I ordered my belt, a 3 in wide sucker so it should be here in a week or so then I'll get on with the belt. Until then I still need to get the actual outfit together. -_-"
Does anyone have any good pics of her shoes? It looks like she's wearing tabi socks with a dare I say a 'leg warmer' over them?

Last edited by lacaena : 10-04-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: forgot link
Unread 10-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #42
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

ooohh I love your circlet and great progress pictures. I can't wait to see more! as for the shoes...yeah it looks like socks, sandals and, yes, leg warmers lol....they look like bell bottom leg warmers that are tied at the bottom.

I'm almost done with the re-vamped Kai hat and I like this one a lot better xD oh and I started playing the game and it is awesome! It's sort of weird playing as Kai though, I can't do the sixaxis arrow thing very well lol

Tsuki Neko: you're right!!! the swords separate insanely fast xD
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #43
Marika

For anyone who'd like detailing shots of the sword(s) and a rather large partial colour image of Nariko's outfit that shows a little bit of the crazy Chinese dragon brocade-like detailing:

Letter opener side 1

Letter opener side 2

Standee

^^; I have them sitting in my apartment, but I figured that if anyone could make use of the images, it'd be cosplayers.

Last edited by Marika : 10-05-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #44
lacaena
NewType

thank you, it really hasn't been as hard as i thought it was going to be the interesting part will be figuring how i want to attach it so it stays on even when i'm running around like a fool
i'm gonna see if i can find any screenshots of the leg things, my brother beat the game so he should have all the artwork unlocked. as for the controller, one zooms in and the dot is your targeting not to mention you can move the controller side to side or up and down and control the path of the arrow to some degree, its weird to me cause i like the first person shooter idea (Halo 3 kicks)

and omg where did you get that letter opener? that's wicked! my friends about stole the display in our mall for me but none of them had the guts kinda pathetic
Unread 10-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #45
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

I've seen the letter opener on eBay...but It's not worth $20+ for me lol but thanks for the pictures, especially view 2 I've had no luck finding that view online.

Maybe to attach the circlet you could put hair clips on the back, like the ones on tiaras:

http://z.about.com/d/jewelry/1/0/r/7/tiara_18103.jpg

or if you're using a wig you could just attach it right to that, I think that's what I'm going to do.

well I know what to do with the sixaxis, I'm just not that good at it lol I have yet to beat the game, I'll play it more tonight and look closely at any other details we might be missing.