Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #16
KimiChizuchan
That One Chick

I probably won't cosplay from it until I play the game, and I probably will pick a character based on personality, but for now, I will pay attention to characters whose costumes I like the most, merely because it'll help me to decide if I really do want to make the costume or not.

Some people pay attention to personalities, some people just like pretty costumes, and some people have at least a small care for both. It doesn't matter as long as you have fun.
Sebastian Michaelis - Kuroshitsuji||Signum- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's||Marluxia - Kingdom Hearts
MTAC 2010?!
Rinoa Heartilly - FFVIII||Marluxia - Kingdom Hearts||Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden
KimiChizuchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #17
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

This thread is about cosplaying characters from Eternal Sonata. NOT about WHY people cosplay what.
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #18
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

I choose my cosplays based on characters sometimes and costume design other times. This particular game happens to be costume design aspect as I have no desire to buy an XBox360 to play a single game, nor the money to throw around like that XD I have no problem admitting to people who inquire/ask me game related things that I haven't played the game.

Regardless, this isn't the right place for this sort of discussion. Back on topic, another gallery but with nothing new: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Eternal-Sonata/

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
lemoned
Perveyor of Happy Jellies

They don't really establish that and they're close enough to be brothers. Beat calls him Nii-san/chan/whatever that moonspeak is.

All I was saying is that it's stupid to make a costume from something that you know nothing about. Something that you can't see from every angle to get details right.

And good for you. Want a cookie? At least you're not doing it for attention.
Unread 10-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #20
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

It's not stupid at all. I'm already working on a Chopin cosplay and I haven't even touched the game. Back when Tales of Symphonia first came out, I hadn't played it yet but I immediately fell in love with Zelos' character design and cosplayed him even before the game came out in North America. It ended up that Zelos turned to be my favorite character in the entire game, but even if he wasn't I wouldn't have regretted it one bit.

And Rika, I'm cheering for you to be Beat because I think you'd make the cutest freakin' Beat ever >D!
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #21
KimiChizuchan
That One Chick

A friend of mine is debating making Polka's outfit, so she and I will have to sit down and play the game and see how well we can do the designs for Polka and Claves..either that or I'll have to sit down and play the game and come up with every single detail I can about Polka for her..ooh, and do costume doodles because those are always important. XD;

And like heki-chan said; this is not the place to discuss anything but Eternal Sonata cosplay, so if you're that upset about people cosplaying as characters just because they like the designs, then maybe you should go make or find a thread about it elsewhere on the forums.
Sebastian Michaelis - Kuroshitsuji||Signum- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's||Marluxia - Kingdom Hearts
MTAC 2010?!
Rinoa Heartilly - FFVIII||Marluxia - Kingdom Hearts||Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden
KimiChizuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 02:53 AM   #22
Cheetos
Chris Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibik3r0 View Post
Regardless, this isn't the right place for this sort of discussion. Back on topic, another gallery but with nothing new: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Eternal-Sonata/
Heeeey do you have a plan for when you're going to wear it? I see you're going to Katsu per usual..... and my Hubby and I might make ours for then... photo shoot yes? I think we're making Polka/Allegretto first, but Falsetto is definite in the future.

I too, feel the desire to make every single one. All hail Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell/Chopin nonsense.
Cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 05:18 AM   #23
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoned View Post
They don't really establish that and they're close enough to be brothers. Beat calls him Nii-san/chan/whatever that moonspeak is.

All I was saying is that it's stupid to make a costume from something that you know nothing about. Something that you can't see from every angle to get details right.

And good for you. Want a cookie? At least you're not doing it for attention.
One of the foremost reasonings for anyone to cosplay a design is because of the LOVE of the DESIGN. A characters personality usually won't factor in so heavily. If they appreciate the design and wish to recreate it, they are not doing something stupid but rather following their inspiration. If anything, it is stupid to hold such a personal standard to them.

Now, if they were begging for reference shots and refused to play the game in order to obtain them...that would be different. But this is not the case, this is you nagging on people for cosplaying for different reasons than yourself.
Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #24
Aleera
Master Thief

Rondo and Claves for me, early 2008 sometime. I've got enough to finish making for 07. I also find Viola and Polka so adorable.
Unread 10-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #25
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
Heeeey do you have a plan for when you're going to wear it? I see you're going to Katsu per usual..... and my Hubby and I might make ours for then... photo shoot yes? I think we're making Polka/Allegretto first, but Falsetto is definite in the future.

I too, feel the desire to make every single one. All hail Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell/Chopin nonsense.
I'm not 100% sure if I'm hitting up Katsucon next year or not but I'd like to. Working alternate weekends, I should have it off counting ahead 6 months XD

Talking with my friends, we're thinking of busting a group out for Ohayocon so I'm hoping to make a costume for then. I'm probably going to make Fugue and have my friend make Rondo, at least that's the plan. If I get it done for Ohayocon, I'll definitely bring it Katsucon!

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #26
Kora
Rubby Duckie

Smile

This game is so wicked cute! For those of you who love cute...just wait till you lvl up for the first time! Polka has just the personality of those chars that I love to cosplay as, super cute! I haven't gotten very far, but I love it already. It's just the whole dress part that's daunting. And I'd like to make Allegretto's costume for my boyfriend, but that's really scary since I'm still very much a novice. Thanks to whomever started this thread!
And if you'd like to listen to the music from the game its on http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/
Kora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #27
Imbeorodwen

I fell in love with Eternal Sonata since the first minutes of me playing the game. My friend and are working together a cosplay group for Katsucon this year. I have a Chopin cosplay in the works
Imbeorodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #28
Izczerra

I've been wondering when an Eternal Sonata thread would finally show up. This is a game I've wanted to cosplay since it was announced last year or so.
Quote:
So true, all the designs are gorgeous. I'd love to make all the outfits as well, but I think I'll probably end up making Chopin, Polka, and Allegro in the distant future.
Quote:
This particular game happens to be costume design aspect as I have no desire to buy an XBox360 to play a single game, nor the money to throw around like that XD I have no problem admitting to people who inquire/ask me game related things that I haven't played the game.
My two cents: Chibik3r0, I agree with you almost entirely. As long as you spend the time to research the character and design properly it shouldn't matter much. Many of us cosplay for the design aspect first and character second. (As for not getting the system, I actually did consider getting an X-Box 360 just to play this game; anything with Chopin in it requires much love.)

Everyone who is currently working on a cosplay, please post pictures; I'd love to see them^_^
Izczerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #29
Kora
Rubby Duckie

Allegretto

Would anyone have an idea of what I could do to make Allegretto's cool boot things? I am not so good with leather or materials other than cloth. I'd appreciate any help!
Kora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #30
Cheetos
Chris Alpha

I heard it's coming out for the PS3 Spring 2008... don't know if it's true of not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubby Duckie View Post
Would anyone have an idea of what I could do to make Allegretto's cool boot things? I am not so good with leather or materials other than cloth. I'd appreciate any help!
I haven't tried it or anything, but I'm wondering if purchased knee-high boots with a peltex structure placed over that would look acceptable (just for the basic of it)... with whatever fabric on top of that. I would love to get real leather, but that eats the budget so quickly.... >.< But I hate vinyl... oh, dilemma.
Cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote