Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 266 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #1486
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I personally recommend the T-Kingdom binders for those fellow ladies who are well gifted with assets that would make the Fifth Hokage proud.

Some are more comfortable them others and each has pros and cons, but worth the investment, and as for myself, I would say that the model I have is actually shockingly quite comfortable, as I wore it practically nearly 13 hours a day for the recent con I went to which was AWA.

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #1487
AgatsumaSoubi
Soubi

So heres my problem Ive officially tried everything including an ace bandage for the chest *sighs* I guess i just dont know how to wrap up or something but For a college project the girls are suppose to make accoutns on popular websites as men and the men as women Im a big girl weight 200 pounds now after dropping a few and wearing a 38 dd bra. Im suppose to make myself into a convincing male and so far ive had no luck at all..Itd be helpful if I could fidn some one from Indiana to help me with this crisis but so far no one I really need help baddly.
AgatsumaSoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #1488
sailorgallifrey

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips! ^__^ Muchly appreciated~
Unread 10-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #1489
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgatsumaSoubi View Post
So heres my problem Ive officially tried everything including an ace bandage for the chest *sighs* I guess i just dont know how to wrap up or something but For a college project the girls are suppose to make accoutns on popular websites as men and the men as women Im a big girl weight 200 pounds now after dropping a few and wearing a 38 dd bra. Im suppose to make myself into a convincing male and so far ive had no luck at all..Itd be helpful if I could fidn some one from Indiana to help me with this crisis but so far no one I really need help baddly.
I'm in Indiana! You should join our Cosplayers in Indiana thread. ^_^

Have you tried a compression vest or a binder? For larger girls, it's often more effective to go with all-over compression to smooth the whole body contour, rather than just trying to wrap yourself flat.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #1490
AgatsumaSoubi
Soubi

Saddly I cant afford one other wise I would of baught one ages ago.
AgatsumaSoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #1491
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

In that case, maybe you could try the back-support brace method. It gives wider coverage than a regular bandage, and you can buy them at drug stores.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #1492
crushingice

Um, could someone help me?

I've tried ace bandages, but I'm a d-cup so it can only do so much. I'm looking for some way to flatten without buying a vest or brace. I'm cheap ^^;;

Yeah, so I really don't know, but would a sports bra and tape work better? Or something else?

Thankies!
crushingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #1493
MemorizeThat
Your Resident Sebastian

I dunno why no one ever mentions this .. I'll probably post pictures sometime. But my brother bought a compression shirt (like under-armor) for baseball and I had it tucked away in a drawer. So a few weeks before AnimeNEXT I found his compression shirt. I cut off the sleeves and put it on and got my DD chest (I think it's that big -_-; ... ) to like at least an A. And with the proper baggy shirt or so, it looks flat enough to be male.

I bought a new compression shirt a little while ago because my old one was blue and this one is white. I bought for $11 dollars in the male section at Wal-Mart. It's not expensive and it's an easy solution. And comfortable. It sorta hurts my back when I have to wear it for days in a row but it doesn't try to squeeze the life out of you like most bindings. I can post photos of the shirt if anyone wants an example of what I mean. It really is a new and effective way that helps.

Hasn't anyone else tried this???
The Eleventh Doctor {Doctor Who}

Conventions I'm Attending
Tekkoshocon {April 5 - 7th, 2013}

I'm proud to cosplay with people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and sexualities, who have hand-made, bought, Goodwill'd, and closet cosplays, because cosplay is about fun, not about how good you look, who you like, or how rich you are.
MemorizeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #1494
Yume Nezumi
Duo cosplayer since 2005

I have a compression shirt, and a few of us have posted several times about our results, but they tend to get lost in the many pages on this thread, then when new people show up asking the same questions, they don't see our old posts. ^_^

But, I have a results picture from when I first got mine;
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=865097
now, that's with the shirt pulled tight both times, and I really need to take a newer picture because I'm able to adjust myself and make it more effective. I have gotten flatter with just the compression shirt.
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #1495
MemorizeThat
Your Resident Sebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume Nezumi View Post
I have a compression shirt, and a few of us have posted several times about our results, but they tend to get lost in the many pages on this thread, then when new people show up asking the same questions, they don't see our old posts. ^_^

But, I have a results picture from when I first got mine;
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=865097
now, that's with the shirt pulled tight both times, and I really need to take a newer picture because I'm able to adjust myself and make it more effective. I have gotten flatter with just the compression shirt.
Oooh, awesome. DD That's good. Cause I remember when I first got into wanting to crossplay properly and I couldn't even find a post about compression shirts, except for the expensive ones. Uh, it would be cool if somehow compression shirts got added the original list. But yey for compression shirts. Cheap and easy. xD
The Eleventh Doctor {Doctor Who}

Conventions I'm Attending
Tekkoshocon {April 5 - 7th, 2013}

I'm proud to cosplay with people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and sexualities, who have hand-made, bought, Goodwill'd, and closet cosplays, because cosplay is about fun, not about how good you look, who you like, or how rich you are.
MemorizeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #1496
Yahriel
Cleaning out the closet

Ok, I keep forgetting this for some reason... when you're trying to tape, do you try to move each boob up and out, or down and out?

Planned Cosplays for Acen/Youma
(possibly) Bard - Fri only
Sebastian Michaelis (& rave ver. Sat night)
Claude Faustus
Yahriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 03:01 AM   #1497
AnimeLore
Timey-wimey stuff

ok I'm looking at T-Kingdom's selection and I'm wondering if anyone has bought Model 801 from them. I know several people have bought 1700 and have given it good reviews but I'm sort (5'1") and it seems to be a little long...

anyway, any advice would be great

Dragon*Con 2012: Samwise Gamgee (Lord of the Rings), Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit), John Watson (Sherlock), Peeta (The Hunger Games), Prince Ferdinand (Snow White), Peter Pan (Disney's Peter Pan), Colin Creevy (Harry Potter), Peter Pettigrew (Harry Potter), Bobby Singer (Supernatural)
AnimeLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #1498
benihime
Kimono Queen

okay ive been noticing something from pictures at cons and such

i use this vest
http://www.underworks.com/996.html

and this is a picture of me in my seigaku uniform
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144184
gah ignore the double chin. its almost gone now.

anyway. see how my breats are still visible? ESPECIALLY in the prince of tennis uniforms and i still have quite a bit of cleavage as well.
should i wear 2-3 sports bras underneath it to help? or is there an easier way..

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #1499
RyukoKahuma
Cos-/Crossplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushingice View Post
Um, could someone help me?

I've tried ace bandages, but I'm a d-cup so it can only do so much. I'm looking for some way to flatten without buying a vest or brace. I'm cheap ^^;;

Yeah, so I really don't know, but would a sports bra and tape work better? Or something else?

Thankies!
Honey, I'm an E cup, and I use ace bandages. Two of them in fact. What I find works well with them is wrapping the first one somewhat loosely to hold things in place, and the second one tighter to flatten things out. ^_^ it works very well for me.
Unread 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #1500
Yume Nezumi
Duo cosplayer since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
okay ive been noticing something from pictures at cons and such

i use this vest
http://www.underworks.com/996.html

and this is a picture of me in my seigaku uniform
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144184
gah ignore the double chin. its almost gone now.

anyway. see how my breats are still visible? ESPECIALLY in the prince of tennis uniforms and i still have quite a bit of cleavage as well.
should i wear 2-3 sports bras underneath it to help? or is there an easier way..
well, I use that same one, and I've found that you just kind of have to . . . well, adjust yourself, and move things around, to really get flat. XD I'm a DD and I get pretty flat, but when you're anywhere near my size (which it looks like you are) it's going to be impossible to get completely flat without hurting something.