Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #31
Grey Finch
Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnYuuki View Post
Alright! Tales cosplayers!

This may have been asked already, but I didn't really bother to go through all of the posts *is lazy*; is anyone here going to Oni-con in Houston, TX?

Seriously, I keep hearing of all of these Tales gatherings, but they're some four or five states away, or on dates that I'm already busy. I'ts depressing.

Anyway, though quite the newb (I comission my cosplay. Again, lazy.) I cosplay both Arche (ToP) and Luke (ToA). Don't ask how that works personality and looks wise, it just does. <.< >.>

I do have one question: I actually wanted to dye my hair (which is naturally a medium brown) Luke's color for Oni-con. I know of some decent temporary dye that I've used for the red color before, but I'm stumped on that whole gradiant/fade to peachy yellow thing that it does. Any ideas that won't damange my hair terribly (I've sortof vain...)?
I really should try to go to more Texas cons, it's not extreeeemely far for me (no where near as far as Marlyand at least!) But I don't think I am this year. D:

Hmm, well for the hair you could try asking about it in the hair/makeup forums. I don't know too much about temporary hair dye, the folks over there might be able to help with that. :>

Okay, so I started my friends' Tear and Dist outfits, and oh man. ...That was something. XD; Seriously, what was Dist thinking? I can imagine him just hunched over his desk sewing that crazy flower collar himself, because no stylist in their right mind would make something so against the laws of physics. XD

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Deviantart : Website
Grey Finch is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2007, 02:53 AM   #32
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny

:XD I'm going to attempt to make a Tokunaga costume for my friend. We are going to be going as Tear, Anise, and Tokunaga. Anyone have any clues on what would be a good way to structure the head for Tokunaga? Any tips for the other costumes would be great too. Fortunately no wigs will be needed for this cos play.
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 02:57 AM   #33
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

I'm cosplaying Badtouch Van Grants for Otakon 08'... But styling his wig is going to destroy me ._.

I almost finished a Guy Cecil cosplay + wig but then a pot-smoking jackass burnt down the apartment building I was living it, and I couldn't get the costume and wig out :S

My first costume from Tales of was of Zelos from Tales of Symphonia~ *big surprise, hey?*
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #34
Rogue of B3K

Aw man, I wish I could go to Otakon, I would love to see your Chopin cosplay, Zelos_W! I plan to cosplay him in the future as well, but I don't have time to do such detailed cosplay at the moment. X3

Oh yes, this is a Tales thread *ahem* Anyway. I have an Asch cosplay, and I managed to get some of my friends interested in ToA *waves to Lothlin XDD* so I'm so excited to have a decent group for the upcoming cons. Asch is my first completed cosplay (aside from the wig I still need to make) and I'm really happy with how it turned out. My extensions have shipped so hopefully I'll have my wig completed in the next two weeks!
Rogue of B3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #35
ChibiInuBaka
Live, Love, Die

Awesome!! yay a Tales of thread!! XDD

I'ma B Anise!! I have friends who are also doing Sync, Guy, Tear, and maybe Dist. :3 I think if Dist can convince his friend we'll have a Largo too XDD

Aha! I'm also doing Presea! ^^ I've actually started on her costume this week and I've got her belt done...I'm trying to get the hard part out of the way....Her Gloves!!! D: my weakness....bleck...I cant sew gloves to save my life.....
Anyways...I might have a Yuan and a Sheena with me too ^^

I'd Rather Live Than Live Forever.

Deviantart
ChibiInuBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #36
moonfall

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ll86/?start=40
Pictures of my Tear costume (and my friend as Luke), plus random photos of Mieu and Tokunaga plushies and goofy fanart scans.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #37
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny

XD Ah! If anyone else is interested in making a Tokunaga costume I found this EXTREMELY useful.
http://werevarmint.timduru.org/wvtoasthed.htm
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #38
Grey Finch
Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiInuBaka View Post
Awesome!! yay a Tales of thread!! XDD

I'ma B Anise!! I have friends who are also doing Sync, Guy, Tear, and maybe Dist. :3 I think if Dist can convince his friend we'll have a Largo too XDD

Aha! I'm also doing Presea! ^^ I've actually started on her costume this week and I've got her belt done...I'm trying to get the hard part out of the way....Her Gloves!!! D: my weakness....bleck...I cant sew gloves to save my life.....
Anyways...I might have a Yuan and a Sheena with me too ^^
Aww, I can't wait to see your Presea! :> I was trying to fit a Symphonia costume in this year, but it got too busy. So I think '08 will be a good year to do one. I was gonna go with either Genis or Yggdrasil, most likely

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Unread 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
Lothlin

XD Holy cow, I can't stop laughing right now (or maybe it's crying a little XD.) Sugoicon just announced one of their guests, and he just happens to be the Japanese voice actor for Dist.

What is killing me right now? Our Tales of the Abyss group does not, in fact, have a Dist. GUH. (I swear, if I wasn't almost done with my Jade cosplay, I'd do him myself!)
Lothlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #40
ChibiTifa05
THIS IS HETALIAAAAA!

Yeah, I know I'm late posting in this thread. >< Due to the persistent urging of certain...people....I will be joining a crazy Tales of Legendia group as Chloe for Otakon 2008, along with Meredy from Tales of Eternia. Meredy will be done for Katsucon 2008, but I have to bring her back since we will most likely have all the main characters from Eternia at Otakon. Anise from Abyss will probably be done for Katsucon as well, but not her default outfit. Most likely it will be that battle outfit that you can get for her. ^^;
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #41
ChibiInuBaka
Live, Love, Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Finch View Post
Aww, I can't wait to see your Presea! :> I was trying to fit a Symphonia costume in this year, but it got too busy. So I think '08 will be a good year to do one. I was gonna go with either Genis or Yggdrasil, most likely
Yay!! That is so awesome!!! Genis and Yggdrasil are so awesome!! ^^ i cant wait to see either one of them xD hehe, i think 08 will be a good year, yes >D

I'd Rather Live Than Live Forever.

Deviantart
ChibiInuBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #42
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue of B3K View Post
Aw man, I wish I could go to Otakon, I would love to see your Chopin cosplay, Zelos_W! I plan to cosplay him in the future as well, but I don't have time to do such detailed cosplay at the moment. X3
Eternal Sonata cosplayers unite! Hehe.

Now, back on topic:
It seems my TotA group it going to be quite... Strange >D; It's going to consist of Ion, Sync, Van, and either Jade or Dist >D;
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #43
Grey Finch
Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiTifa05 View Post
Yeah, I know I'm late posting in this thread. >< Due to the persistent urging of certain...people....I will be joining a crazy Tales of Legendia group as Chloe for Otakon 2008, along with Meredy from Tales of Eternia. Meredy will be done for Katsucon 2008, but I have to bring her back since we will most likely have all the main characters from Eternia at Otakon. Anise from Abyss will probably be done for Katsucon as well, but not her default outfit. Most likely it will be that battle outfit that you can get for her. ^^;
Heck yeah Tales of Legendia! XD If only you could come to Fanime, my friends are doing Shirley, Grune, and maybe Jay too. *u*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiInuBaka View Post
Yay!! That is so awesome!!! Genis and Yggdrasil are so awesome!! ^^ i cant wait to see either one of them xD hehe, i think 08 will be a good year, yes >D
And I can't wait to see your Presea! Yes, I think it will be too! Most definitely :>

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Unread 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #44
Genève
Banned

I plan on cosplaying as Natalia, I just need to find a good wig I could use (<-very lazy college student)
Genève is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #45
AkinaSumora
Tales series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
It seems my TotA group it going to be quite... Strange >D; It's going to consist of Ion, Sync, Van, and either Jade or Dist >D;
That's good though! My friends and I who are going to Otakon 2008 were thinking that a group of God-Generals would be awesome! (I'll be Arietta)
Too bad we'll probably never find a Largo...

Oh yeah! Today is the 1-year anniversary of Tales of the Abyss being in America! *throws confetti*

Anime Boston '11
Thur: Pokemon Breeder (D/P/Pt)
Fri: Meredy (Tales of Eternia)
Sat: Minako Arisato (Persona 3 Portable)

Next con: Anime Boston '12
Yuyuko Saigyouji (Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom)
?Takane Shijou OR Ritsuko Akizuki (The Idolmaster)?
AkinaSumora is offline   Reply With Quote