Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #46
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

You obviously never saw the stunts Lady pulled off in DMC3... In DMC, it's possible for humans to do a lot of things they can't do in the real world.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #47
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

You mean the one where she stuck her Khali Ann into the wall and used to turn herself 360 degrees shooting her handguns?

That, I believe 8D But Gloria's rather on the extreme side, i reckon.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #48
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Actually, I was referreing to being impaled through the leg an dthen jumping up to stand on said leg with not a single problem. There is the fact that a lot of the Order's top people, including the prriest, were actually demons...plus Gloria is obviously the result of some kind of experiemnt.

Back on costume topic. Anyone else besides me gonn'a go for making a DMC4 Dante?
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Unread 10-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #49
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

I like Dante's buttons. They have this ninja star-esque feel to them. And his coat looks more streamlined and slick, an update to his wardrobe due to him being more mature I suppose?
Unread 10-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #50
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Or going along the lines of the wild-west style that he seems to have in this game. I honestly, as said before, could do without the pants mounted boot covers, but other than that, I am so building the costume, and probably need a Nero for when I get it done so some photo battle fun can be had.
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Unread 10-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #51
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

That'll be suh-weet The guns! The swords! The pummeling!
What weapons would you be building? The Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory? Or Gilgamesh? >D

On a side note: Is it possible to build Nero's arm? I have no idea on how i should get started for it :I
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #52
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Nero's arm CAN be built, it just requires a lot of careful work. I've already been working on design myself, since the same techniques would be probably be applied to my Devil Form Dante. For the palm, you would want to use some kind of bright blue material, since it seems now to glow in the newest trailer. My suggestion would be to mount a system of EL or LED lights through the palm material, with latex or something similarly flexible for the bulk of the arm...possibly thermoforms, which is basically hotglue. Flexible, durable, and perfect for that kind of "plating". There's a tutorial at bioweapons.com, http://www.bioweapons.com/ThermoForm.htm. Basic info for making thermoform armor.

As for weapons...definitely Rebellion, Force Edge, and I'm planning for Sparda, and the guns. Possible Gilgy in some form. But I'm sticking mostly with the core gear.
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Unread 10-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #53
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Thank you lots. That'll be invaluable help.

Yeah i was thinking of LED lights too for the palm and the racks between his arm. The problem is though, I'm no technician/electrician? Hence I have no experience with working with electronics and wiring and stuff....

But i guess it won't hurt to try it out either, and try as much as possible to find out beforehand how it's done.
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #54
Windlord
The mighty plasticsmith

Hey I was wonderign if anyone has some good reference pics for Nevan (the guitar) I plan on making it for a friend.
Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #55
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlord View Post
Hey I was wonderign if anyone has some good reference pics for Nevan (the guitar) I plan on making it for a friend.
haha, yeah, ive got about 20 =P. They only let me upload about 5 though, so if you need more just tell me (sorry they are blurry =\)

Oh, so I was looking for someone that does costume leather holsters for a few of my Ada Wong costumes and I found some sites that might be of interest (custom chaps, holsters and stuff)

http://www.cochiseleather.com/
http://www.leatherbywc.com/
http://www.yodercustomleather.com/
http://www.barrettcustomleather.com/

I usually like to make everything myself but I thought I would throw it out there, if not for cosplay then just as something amusing to look at. I think I had a few more, but I don't remember what they were =\.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 18.JPEG (69.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 01.JPEG (69.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 10.JPEG (86.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 02.JPEG (43.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 03.JPEG (109.7 KB, 0 views)
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #56
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

I need to stop lookign on the internet.
I have to many costumes to do already.....
So now insted of Nero, I want to do Kyrie, learn that song she's singing in the first trailer and...well, sing! X.x I knw that's sad....but I LOVE that song, it's so pretty....
Unread 10-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #57
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Kyrie needs more love, there's people on the DMC fan boards that seem to want her to die by the end of DMC4. Just because she doesn't run around wearing hot pants and an open shirt doesn't mean she's not a good character! *head!Desk*
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Unread 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #58
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
Kyrie needs more love, there's people on the DMC fan boards that seem to want her to die by the end of DMC4. Just because she doesn't run around wearing hot pants and an open shirt doesn't mean she's not a good character! *head!Desk*
Can I say I love? XD sorry, that's a tad creepy, but you speek much truth. She has such a pretty singing voice @.@ I need to find a way to get that song she's singing (like I said before) It would be awsome to be able to sing it for people. and maybe i could find a nero to drag around!! Dang it, now I have to do it....I need to make a list and prioritize....Kyrie will be near the top...
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #59
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Shouts : "KYYYYRRRIIIEEEEEE" *anguished look*

8D Okay, so I was being melodramatic. *smirks* But anyhow, I still think Kyrie is very much an important and central character in the game. If she dies.... well if I'm Nero, I'll very much like to wring Agnus's Neck =_=

On a side note: Yippee! I've found a nice replacement to get the lights on Nero's arm. http://www.thatscoolwire.com/ They are just perfect, to be moulded upon the Devil Bringer arm. Which leaves the Palm area of the Devil Bringer.

Currently I'm confused Are the glowing areas of the Devil Bringer on the outer part of the arm Red or Blue? Because I read somewhere that the game directors changed the color but I'm not sure from which to which.
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #60
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart Storm View Post
Can I say I love? XD sorry, that's a tad creepy, but you speak much truth. She has such a pretty singing voice @.@ I need to find a way to get that song she's singing (like I said before) It would be awesome to be able to sing it for people. and maybe i could find a nero to drag around!! Dang it, now I have to do it....I need to make a list and prioritize....Kyrie will be near the top...
Sure as hell would be looking forward to your Kyrie. 8D I tried dragging my female-friend of mine into doing Kyrie but apparently she has other plans O.O oh well.

Off topic but : Ironically, we (as in our school choir) Just sang a song entitled, "Kyrie" and apparently Kyrie meant "God". So does that mean that there is more to Kyrie (as in the character) then we think? Possible....