Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Onna!

Unread 07-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Onnafest 2007 dates and location: ? New Jersey?

Data unknown by me at this time. I have not found a current website.

Unread 07-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama View Post
Data unknown by me at this time. I have not found a current website.
http://www.yuricon.org/events/07index.html

1-day deal. This board would probably be of better use from MangaNEXT (www.manganext.com) or New York Anime Fest (www.newyorkanimefestival.com).

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
eXo
Mmm...forbidden doughnut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
This board would probably be of better use from MangaNEXT (www.manganext.com) or New York Anime Fest (www.newyorkanimefestival.com).
Make this for the NYAF PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
Sakura
Original Sakura

I don't think this sub-forum should be nixed, I think it should just be re-named but not given to a totally different con >_>. It's Yuricon now and if there's a forum for Yaoicon then why not one for the genre's counterpart? After all, Onnafest was a combination of Shoujocon and Yuricon right?

I for one am attending this year with my girlfriend and I hope it's a success and that we'll see more Yuri events in the future.

Last edited by Sakura : 07-29-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Make it for either NYAF or MangaNEXT. NYAF preferably.

Shinigami Photos
Unread 09-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...

Not that I have anything against Yuricon/Onnafest (and I DO agree that yuri has the unfortunate disadvantage of being overshadowed by yaoi in terms of the fandom) but seeing as though this event was such a train-wreck in '05, I'm thinking that this forum should be better utilized by being changed over to NYAF. MangaNext stuffs are currently being posted in the Anime Next forums... seems to work for me.

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff

"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #7
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

If a con or event is indeed becoming a relatively defunct event, the moderators cannot do anything about a forum name or a particular forum still existing; it requires Admin to adjust that.

If there are other cons and events that perhaps would benefit from having their own forums, please direct your suggestions to Admin. Thank you.
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama View Post
If there are other cons and events that perhaps would benefit from having their own forums, please direct your suggestions to Admin. Thank you.
DONE. About a MONTH ago. (See date of my last post here. Contacted him over a month ago.) Poor guy has GOT to have a packed inbox by now.

I have gotten very little response via PM's to administators/Mods on this site. Heck, Karisu, I sent YOU a PM back in August (I believe) explaining in detail a subforum that I thought would be of use to this site, and I have not heard anything regarding this as of yet. Not even a response of "Got your PM. Will suggest to Admin" or whatnot.

I would think that a site as large and as reputable as Cosplay.com would have a more efficient way of reporting issues/suggestions than it's current protocol. Perhaps this is something that could be implemented in the future. It would certainly cut back on the amount of times you guys have to spend posting "try to PM Admin" in response to situations suich as these. (Better response time for us, less work and needless posts for the Mods-- everyone benefits in the long run.)

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff

"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."