Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Strider2418

Team Fortress 2

wow i havent been to this site in a few months... last time i was here was for 300 but now i was wondering if anyone else was going to put together any costumes for Team Fortress 2 characters??

there is an Arizona LAN coming up called Desert Bash that me and 7 other people are getting a team together for and we wanted to dress up like the characters we play and any help with the different costumes would be awesome otherwise ill try to keep any updates posted!!
Strider2418 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

This is a fantastic idea, I liked the look of the Pyro guy from TF:Classic and TF:Forever. The one in TF:2 looks hilarious.

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

That's awesome that you guys are doing that! My boyfriend was thinking of being the engineer for Halloween. I also have a friend who looks just like the scout, but he doesn't want to dress up like him this year. I was hoping they'd do a TF2 group too...
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Strider2418

ya we want to do it for the lan but thats next saturday... but we were also planning on using it for halloween so i guess we will see what we can get together in that amount of time...

ok ive decided to go for a scout atleast for the LAN next saturday here are some pictures of what i am gonna try to look like...

im going to do the red color scheme but i need help identifying some of the styles of the clothing so i can find things that look like it... like for instance the hat. Does that kind of hat have a name, it is a little "boxier" than a baseball cap but i dont know what those kind of hats are called...

also does anyone have an idea for a shoe i could go get that looks like those for relatively cheap??

i can get a red t-shirt thats easy, i already have dog tags (hard to see but he is wearing them). The pants look brownish on the red model, i am just going to get a pair of sweat pants and take the legs up to my knees but i might use like a charcoal color instead.

i need an idea for what to use for the bag on his back and where to get a baseball bat that small.. ( possibly some kids game has something that size that i can paint to look metallic??)

there are a few other things ill need like athletic tape to wrap my hands (already have a few rolls), also i need a headset like that... i was goignt o use my black xbox 360 headset but now that i look at the pics it looks like they used a ear "cup" from shooting ear muffs (whatever they are called) so i might try to find some of those and piece my own pair together unless someone has a better suggestion??

ill pick up a pair of white tube socks in the next day or so along with a red t-shirt. and last thing is a black belt with a silver square belt buckel which should be easy to find the only thing wrong with that is find pants with belt loops that will work for this... or maybe just making my own belt loops on whatever pants i decide to use...

eventually i would like to make a scatter gun like you see in the 2nd and 5th pics so i might need help with that too...

sorry if my ideas are a little out of order... i havent had alot of time to think this out yet but i hope this post was clear enough so that anyone who has good ideas can figure out what i need lol. thanks in advance for any help and ill see what stuff i can find at sports authority tomorrow...

all items:
Red T-Shirt
brown/dark grey pants
black belt
hat
bag
small baseball bat
headset
white knee high socks
black shoes with white stripes
tape on hands

Last edited by Michi : 01-30-2008 at 05:30 AM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
makio
resident slacker

My friend went as the Scout for the Halloween party we had last weekend, I'll have to post pictures as a reference.
As for TF2 cosplay on this end, I'd like to have a Demoman costume done for Megacon.

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
-Raiden, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
`````
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

The cap mate looks like a black boonie cap like your marines wear. The shoes can be replicated by a pair of soccor boots with the studs removed IMO.

Current Cosplay Projects
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
masteva
Canadian Cid

Oooooohhhhh... if I had the time and space I would SO work on a Heavy Weapons Guy BFG prop...

Anime North 2012
Mephisto Pheles - Ao no Exorcist
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series
masteva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

I always thought his pants looked dark grey from this picture =)
http://www.tfc.jolt.co.uk/tf2/Team_Fortress_2j.jpg

I agree with Leadmill on the shoes. For the cap, this might be useful:
http://www.amazon.com/pin-CamouFlage...2460997&sr=8-1
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

Heres one my future projects, the first one on the left would be easiest but the last looks the coolest!

Current Cosplay Projects
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:07 PM   #10
Strider2418

ya that second one is the coolest by far but if you could pull off the pyro from tf2 that would be incredibly awesome.. if i had more time and space thats the one i wanted to do.

thats for the hat refrence i found the exact same item on amazon when i did my search, does anyone know of a comon store that sells hats like that so i dont hjave to wait for shipping?

ALSO that picture is dark grey but that pic came out before they finalized everything, i might use that reference instead but in game your clothes are tinted according to what team you are on. so the blue scout looks like he is wearing dark bule pants...

thanks for the help so far! anyone have an idea on the headset or how to make (or where to get) the pants (with belt loops...)???
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #11
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

Head set looks like a regular Headphone/mic rig you can get from radioshack. The trousers look like regular dark coloured pants but tucked in the socks. You need some white fingerless gloves and you need a black belt with a plain silver metallic buckle.

Current Cosplay Projects
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
SvK

Whoa, Strider2418, are you sure we're not the same person? I've got a Scout costume and wish I could find 8 other people to complete the team.
(I'm on the right)

EDIT: NO! You're a lousy Red! Blue is best!
MakioTwist: A third Scout? Amazing! I think he's popular because he wears real clothes and has an easily obtainable weapon.

Last edited by SvK : 10-15-2007 at 10:19 PM.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #13
Strider2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvK View Post
Whoa, Strider2418, are you sure we're not the same person? I've got a Scout costume and wish I could find 8 other people to complete the team.
(I'm on the right)

EDIT: NO! You're a lousy Red! Blue is best!
MakioTwist: A third Scout? Amazing! I think he's popular because he wears real clothes and has an easily obtainable weapon.
lol ya i want to do a pyro but i dont have the time, money, or space and i play scout ALOT so it fits... right now i am red but i might end up going blue... all i need to change is the color of my shirt

AND HOLY SHIT where did you get the headset!! it is perfect and i must know!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadmill View Post
Head set looks like a regular Headphone/mic rig you can get from radioshack. The trousers look like regular dark coloured pants but tucked in the socks. You need some white fingerless gloves and you need a black belt with a plain silver metallic buckle.
it actually looks like his hands are just taped up so i am going to use white athletic tape to do that and i have plenty of that already, im sure i can find the belt and buckle at the mall or something right now i really only need to find:
pants that fit the role good
a military style hat that i can get by saturday
and shoes like that (would be easy if i didnt wear a size 15 )

and on another note i got some of the costume today!

i found:
white soccer socks
a small baseball bat (just need to spray paint over the logos silver)
a red T shirt (might need a blue one now )
and i have an all black belt but i dont have a silver belt buckle yet

so i would say i am about 35% on this costume right now...

Last edited by Strider2418 : 10-15-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #14
SvK

I really want to build a Pyro suit/weapon and I play the Scout most often. I also have big feet. We are definitely the same person. I don't really prefer blue to red. I'm thinking of getting a red t-shirt so I can switch teams at any time.

The headset is made out of garbage. I got a set of broken ear protectors at a surplus store for a dollar. One ear-piece had already snapped off, so I didn't have to remove it. The microphone is two bottle caps and two straightened paper clips. It impairs my hearing, especially on the left side.

Your pants will be falling down all the time. Fortunately, it's the pant legs that fall down, which is less embarrassing than the alternative. I couldn't run and keep my socks up, which is really lame for a Scout.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #15
Strider2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvK View Post
Your pants will be falling down all the time. Fortunately, it's the pant legs that fall down, which is less embarrassing than the alternative. I couldn't run and keep my socks up, which is really lame for a Scout.
got this covered already i have white soccer socks they wont come down ven if i wanted them too lol, the pants on the other hand... it looks like i am gonna go with a dark grey which means ill be using a pair of sweats i have and i dont think they will fall down much either i have pretty big calves (basketball player) and that hsould help hold the pants up. got the top covered also because if i am gonan use these pants then i am going to make a few small cuts to create "belt loops" and ill be wearing a belt with them.

hmm looks like i need to make a stop at Ross, goodwill, and some army surplus type stores to solve my headset deficiency.