Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
Eeva

Armageddon Pulp Expo - Australia (Sydney)

Hi, I thought I should let some of you aussies know that our New Zealand 'con' (the only one we have ) Armageddon is coming to Australia Sydney in October.

http://www.pulpexpo.com/
There is more info on this website!!
Its a bit early I know but some may wish to know about it in advance
(I feel unusual for posting in here, this should be australasian forum so us new zealanders can share)

Unread 04-25-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Oh! And here Asha-Morgan and I were planning to fly over to New Zealand for Armageddon! Although, we probably still will, 'cause it's actually cheaper than flying to Sydney!

Thanks for the info!

And you're absolutely right... this should be an AUS/NZ section! It would certainly make it a lot more popular!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Jequila
Too busy

Ooh, Armageddon Auckland 05 was my first con ever! It was so amazing It's nice to see that Australia is gaining more cons, it's just a shame it's so far from me Oh well, maybe next year when I've finally finished school.
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
Although, we probably still will, 'cause it's actually cheaper than flying to Sydney!

:| :| it is?!?! woah! I should think about this con as well~
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
CPOK
Natural born Nutcase

Armageddon should have done there homework first...for it is on the same weekend as Supanova which is gonna hurt there profits tbh (altho I will be going to both myself)
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Berry187
There's always a way

^^ i think they knw that i say lucky you guys i have to travel 3 hours to get to the closest con and u get 2 around the same time :3

i knw alot of ppl r upset about this and i dnt get y its another con to go to more fun to have it's sad if u get mad about something thats there for fun
Bee: Bee & Puppycat
Sinon: Sword Art Online 2
Clear: Dramatical Murder
-------------------------
Berry187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
Metanoia

If I can I'll be going to Supanova Sydney, not armageddon, purely because I'd like to support Supanova first and foremost to make sure we continue to have supanovas in this country. I'm worried that if Supanova isn't successful due to competition with armageddon we'll lose both the sydney and the brisbane supanovas and that would be such a shame because Brisbane Supanova was fantastic this year and I am already planning to fly up again next year!!

AVCon, yay AVCon!
Metanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #8
starfirephoenix
Fabric Obsessive

Like Metanoia, I will be supporting the Supanova events too. If Sydney falls apart, there will be no Brisbane event in the future as they are both connected. They either both happen, or none will happen at all.... ever.

It should be a good thing that there are more events like this in Australia, but there is the potential to lose all the big events if it goes pear-shaped

It seems there is a fight going on behind the scenes between Supanova and Armageddon. Oh, to be a fly on the wall! Think of it this way, if Supanova does badly, and Armageddon Sydney goes okay... Supanova could never happen again, and there is no guarantee that Armageddon would ever come back. We might lose everything
starfirephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 03:18 AM   #9
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

If Armageddon was on at another time, I may have considered it. But since its the same time as Supanova I won't even think about setting foot in there. As Metanoia and Starfire have said, I support Supanova first and foremost. We want Supanova to stay

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 04:47 AM   #10
Berry187
There's always a way

I total get what u guys r talking about i most likely would put the 1st event b4 the 2nd but im sure if Geddon dose go back to Aus next year they will have it on a diff time then Nova it would b the smartest thing to do.

can i ask is nova gonna b going to Melbourne Next year as i might b there for some time and would like to go to an Aus con? :3
Bee: Bee & Puppycat
Sinon: Sword Art Online 2
Clear: Dramatical Murder
-------------------------
Berry187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #11
Mucai
Magical Girl

I'm confused as to why Armageddon is even coming into Australia, even more so with it being Sydney. Armageddon and Supanova have an agreement to split the costs of guests. The guests fly out to Sydney or Brisbane from North America two or three days before the Supanova, then go on to New Zealand for Armageddon the following week then fly home from New Zealand after Armageddon.

If Armageddon is moving into Australia, then costs are going to have to go up for Armageddon. If it’s even worse and that cost splitting agreement is dead, then both conventions are either going to have to increase costs or cut the amount of guests. Neither of which is a good thing for the convention.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #12
starfirephoenix
Fabric Obsessive

They used to have an arrangement, but they stopped doing that a little while ago.
starfirephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:05 AM   #13
cmkmstephens
Registered Usaaaarrrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloris View Post
I'm confused as to why Armageddon is even coming into Australia, even more so with it being Sydney. Armageddon and Supanova have an agreement to split the costs of guests. The guests fly out to Sydney or Brisbane from North America two or three days before the Supanova, then go on to New Zealand for Armageddon the following week then fly home from New Zealand after Armageddon.

If Armageddon is moving into Australia, then costs are going to have to go up for Armageddon. If itís even worse and that cost splitting agreement is dead, then both conventions are either going to have to increase costs or cut the amount of guests. Neither of which is a good thing for the convention.
I'm also wondering why Armageddon is trying to export itself when it's not exactly high quality (and has progressively degraded, all the fun to be had was with other cosplayers than anything Armageddon was really doing).

Desires for the distant future

Sora (.hack)
cmkmstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #14
Eeva

I wish we had more cons.. Armageddon isn't a proper convention, and alot of the changes they've made for it hasn't really been for the better:/ We cosplayers had to make our own fun. No masqurades, even if you did a skit in the judging "room" you didn't get to perform it on stage (unless you won), and they seem unfair with things like the amv contest. (Though the cosplay contest was better judged than last year.)
If I go over to Aus at that time I'd definately be going to Supanova over it.
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:39 AM   #15
Nefertieh
:B

The cosplay judge gave me and my friends a really hard time last year. >.< We volunteered to go last because our skit was long, but then she wouldn't let us do our skit, and said it was OUR fault because some of our people were outside the door. I ended up feeling really bad for my friends, because they literally waited for two hours outside doing nothing. I'm so glad she 'retired.'

The stage performance part was a nightmare on it's own. There was boxing like, two meters away from the stage. The cosplayers had microphones, but nevertheless, nobody could hear anything because of the boxing. I couldn't believe how unorganised everything came to be.

Ah well. At least some of the cosplayers were nice. ^^
Nefertieh is offline   Reply With Quote