Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 09-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

What about Darwin?

Just curiously, are there any cosplayers here from the Northern Territory? I ask because Darwin is the only capital city that hasn't had a con yet, and I was wondering what the cosplay scene is like up there?

Are there any plans to get one happening? Or do you guys travel around to other states' cons instead?
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

There was a girl form the NT who I met at Manifest....she didn't mention about any cons up there :S
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
soniata

*Puts hand up*

I am a Darwin girl, and I travel to Brisnova and Sydnova each year (last two years) And White_Rabbit, I bet that was my friend Corinna aka Yami and Pharaoh Atem... It was her first visit to Manifest and I've never been to any cons other than 3 Brisnovas and 2 Sydnovas...

And sadly, no. There are no conventions here... Corinna talks about getting one started... But I think that is too hard

And Cosplay scene = Nil Lol As far as I know, just Corinna and I cosplay, but the others might still be in the closet haha we are going to eventually put a note up in the local comic shop to see if we can find like-minded souls
soniata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniata View Post
*Puts hand up*

I am a Darwin girl, and I travel to Brisnova and Sydnova each year (last two years) And White_Rabbit, I bet that was my friend Corinna aka Yami and Pharaoh Atem... It was her first visit to Manifest and I've never been to any cons other than 3 Brisnovas and 2 Sydnovas...

And sadly, no. There are no conventions here... Corinna talks about getting one started... But I think that is too hard

And Cosplay scene = Nil Lol As far as I know, just Corinna and I cosplay, but the others might still be in the closet haha we are going to eventually put a note up in the local comic shop to see if we can find like-minded souls
LOL Yes~! She was Yami and Atem :3 Say Hello for me ^^
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
Mucai
Magical Girl

Darwin is 1/3 the size of Canberra. If Canberra has a hard time trying to find people willing to even run a convention (we won't be running another anime.au until there are more then 5 people willing to be on the committee), then the chances of Darwin having a con are almost nothing.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
soniata

Haha. I concurr. No time soon do I think we'll see one. My friend Yami (Corinna) has been wanting to get one started... But I'm like woah. Big task. Really big. But I appreciate her willingness. Maybe one day (lol sounds too similar to my last post)

And White Rabbit, I'll definately tell her!
soniata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Sydney2K

Have you thought about going to Singapore for conventions? With cheap airfares there isn't any reason why you don't go to the larger anime conventions there to cosplay- it'd be cheaper than going to Brisbane or Melbourne.

Here's a list of events for 2008:
http://sgcafe.com/showthread.php?t=42745

Last edited by Sydney2K : 03-02-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 07:23 AM   #8
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K View Post
Have you thought about going to Singapore for conventions? With cheap airfares there isn't any reason why you don't go to the larger anime conventions there to cosplay- it'd be cheaper than going to Brisbane or Melbourne.
That's right, Tiger Airlines have the cheap direct flights between Darwin and Singapore.
I'd go to a few Asian or European conventions, but they never work out with my travel dates.

I wonder if there is anyone else from Australia besides Widya and me that have been to a number of international conventions one after the other. :3
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote