Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 996 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:11 AM   #406
Got Cosplay?
Twice the Keyblade

I hope your order goes well!

Unread 10-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #407
Takai
Ruler of the Seam-Ripper

Well, KwEeNofKoRn's story certainly doesn't make me feel very good about ordering from here D:. I hope you get your costume though, it'd be terrible not to!

I should've specified that I was looking at ordering one of the pre-made costumes. I'd never ever commission something from someone I don't know personally. It's a scary thought.

And I would so go through my network of con friends.... if any of my con friends could sew D:. Currently I'm the only cosplayer I know in person that has actually made a costume!
Takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #408
Wey777
Panzer Cosplay

My best friend has ordered from them twice. One time They did terribly and took forever. The second time they did an excellent job but it still took quite a while to arrive. So unless you have alot of time I wouldn't trust them.

Megacon:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
The Captain - Hellsing
Wey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #409
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I don't hear many good things about the vast majority of commissioners on ebay. Even for people who can't sew, I'd still say you could make it yourself for cheaper AND better, and without half of the worry. I think with most of the commissioners on ebay, they're in it for the money. I'd rather commission from someone who actually cosplays themselves, so that know what standards they should be meeting, since they are the standards they use for their own costumes.
Unread 10-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #410
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

I love my costume from them. *points at avatar* It was a custom design with custom measurements and I'm really pleased with it. I've got weird measurements because I'm so curvy (as in...more than 12 inches difference between my waist and hips) and the top and overskirt still fit perfectly. Both costumes in this picture are from QQ Cosplay. We got them for a Tales of Symphonia group for Anime Expo, the entire group's costumes came from QQ Cosplay (which is why we ordered them too instead of making them ourselves). As far as I know, all were custom measurements and they all fit well and looked nice.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #411
Takai
Ruler of the Seam-Ripper

Ooo, nice pictures! Right now I've pretty much narrowed down my selection to QQ, Cosplay magic, and Moon Costume D:. I'm hoping that QQ wins personally, because the costume I want from them looks 10x better than the other two sites.

Too Bad I can never tell if they really made them or just photos taken from someone else's gallery ;_;
Takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #412
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I usually don't weigh in on potential competitors, because that's just tacky.

But QQ catches my eye because a couple of people who have commissioned from me have sent me QQ's pictures of their finished costumes as reference. (dumb move number one - I don't want to see another person's finished costume, I want to see the character on the show!) I did notice a fair number of rather obvious inaccuracies in some of the Bleach and Naruto costumes that I was shown for reference. So, if having an accurate commission is part of your list of things you want, always always make sure you scrutinize the product carefully and don't hesitate to speak up if you notice something that doesn't look right. Like, long sleeves on a coat that's supposed to have short sleeves, or something. If they can't correct it for you, you may as well order a custom commission from someone like me instead.

Course, accuracy is not always tops on the list, some people prefer price first. But if you do care about whether your costume is accurate, then make sure to look very carefully at the product you're being offered.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #413
Yunalicia
Yevonite

A good idea when getting a commision done is SEND PICS OF YOURSELF! This can help give the commisoner and idea of how things should fit. have a pair of pants that fit similair to one you want commisioned? Take a pic of you wearing those pants and put notes on how you like them to fit so the commioner has a better visual to work with. Like it has been said sooo many times we are not shaped like anime character so sending reference of them isn't enough. Also two people may have similar measurments but like to have clothes fit differently. I personally don't like slim fitting clothes but someone else my size might, TELL YOUR COMMISIONIOR THIS! Again, it has been said over and over again, TOO MUCH REFERNCE AND INFO IS BETTER THAN NOT ENOUGH!

so that's my helpful hint for commisoning, hope it will help some peeps out.

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Yunalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #414
No Refuge

DizzyLizzy
Grimmjow wig
http://forums.cosplay.com/newreply.p...te=1&p=2140219
Took about two weeks.
Very very very very good. Stayed in contact sent plenty of e-mail updates. I would go to her again in a heart beat.
A+++++++++...ect.
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #415
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

could you please fix the link and give us a little more info about the commission? (a ref pic at least would be nice.)
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #416
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Refuge View Post
DizzyLizzy
Grimmjow wig
http://forums.cosplay.com/newreply.p...te=1&p=2140219
Took about two weeks.
Very very very very good. Stayed in contact sent plenty of e-mail updates. I would go to her again in a heart beat.
A+++++++++...ect.
Thanks hon!

Someone requested a link correction. I have one. ^^;; I hope it's ok if I post it. I just happen to notice there was an update in the thread.

http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/gal...wigs/grimmjaw/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #417
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

I want to deeply, deeply apologize to everyone for my absence; hadn't thought I'd go over two months without internet ^^; That was a surprise amd a half. Now that everything is in order, however, this is the first place I'm going to see to. I really appreciate everyone's patience and, from what I can tell so far, all the immense help you all have been :>

edit: Phew! Finally got through everything. If you or someone you know has made a post in the past two months, I would massively appreciate it if you could check up on it in the first post to make sure everything is represented accurately :> Massive thanks to everyone for keeping the thread going even when it was in hibernation; we shall now resume our multi-daily updates! :>

Last edited by Kanira : 10-25-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #418
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

Does anyone have any information on a couple of costume makers that post here as to the quality of their outfits?

Their names are "Rikutan" and "godsavethequeen" on this board and I got offers from them to make a Nabeshin jacket for me along with one from nugrosjp and I've visited their website and I've found it to be impressive but I'd like to find out if anybody here has ordered any cosplay outfits from the other two costume makers that I've mentioned and found them to be good quality or lacking in any way...
BorgmanJayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #419
ChibiYuffie
Cutest Ninja Ever

hi guys, i'm kind of new at this commissioning thing but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of these guys, I've seen them around and wanted to ask for a commission:

Nugrisip* I heard she was good
Annsanime
Megaman8
oh and dizzlylizzy are you available. I read the 1st post and saw that you were good so..* cool new btw
*doesn't wanna read the whole thread its HUGE*
er anyone know anyone who is available for props. I need a yuffie super shuriken.

thanks alot ^^ Cheers!
ChibiYuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #420
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiYuffie View Post
*doesn't wanna read the whole thread its HUGE*
If you want a good costume and to not get scammed, I'd suggest doing your research and not complaining about reading. That's exactly the point of this thread.