Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #166
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirene View Post
Hollee Marie: So, Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy/Naruto fans can't participate in masquerades because their series is "too popular"? How on earth is that fair? :/

And maybe it's just me, but I've hardly seen any yuri skits. Maybe some hints at it every now and then, but even that's incredibly rare. I wouldn't call that overdone. The making out, maybe, but the yuri itself? Not a chance.
You mean the making out between two girls, or between two 'female' characters?
I think the lack of yuri skits comes from 1.) The lack of actual good yuri titles that aren't just an excuse for..well, other things, and 2.) fangirls.

They don't want to see two girls..I'm not such a big fan of 'making out' in skits, but if it made sense in the context of the skit and wasn't just there to be there, why not? I'd love to see some more Utena or Kashimashi stuff (the only two titles that come to mind.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #167
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
However, if there was a parody calling it "The Internet Is For Okatu" or "If You Cosplay", could that be fair game? I know there are ways to utilize the music without the original lyrics being heard or buying the karoke version.
...Okay, that second one is actually pretty funny.

If you cosplay...
It would be okay...
I mean, cause, hey!
You look like Sasuke!

...I'll stop now.
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #168
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

That's a good start. I'll have to look up the lyrics and might pound out some later.
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #169
Sirene
Love made you into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
You mean the making out between two girls, or between two 'female' characters?
I think the lack of yuri skits comes from 1.) The lack of actual good yuri titles that aren't just an excuse for..well, other things, and 2.) fangirls.

They don't want to see two girls..I'm not such a big fan of 'making out' in skits, but if it made sense in the context of the skit and wasn't just there to be there, why not? I'd love to see some more Utena or Kashimashi stuff (the only two titles that come to mind.
Between two female characters. And I agree with you - there aren't a lot of good yuri titles, but there's always fan pairings (i.e. Kairi/Namine from KH, Kikyou/Kagome from Inu-Yasha, etc.) that could pop up in skits.

Of course, I'm not encouraging a yuri-fest or anything along the lines of fanservice. That gets old fast, regardless of the characters involved. But yuri itself isn't overdone~.

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Miss Martian, stealth suit (Young Justice)
- Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Sirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #170
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
That's a good start. I'll have to look up the lyrics and might pound out some later.
I actually think that's pretty funny.. to make it from a non-cosplayer to a cosplayer..

If you cosplayed..
That would be okay
I mean cause hey
I'd like you anyway,
And you would see
If it were me I would feel free to say
That I cosplay
But I don't cosplay.

and so forth..

hehe, that would be a good one.

ANYWAY..
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #171
LGS

Huh... my friends and I were talking about doing a Hare Hare Yukai skit.

Our plan had been to cosplay as all the baddest of badboys we could without breaking the big pimpin' laws of reality (I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how much pimp and magnificence you can have in one room before the universe implodes), Alucard, Vergil from DMC, you get the idea. We'd have a few lines about what great fun it is to be sexily evil, and then be alarmed by the news that due to disgruntled soccer moms, we are in danger of being...gasp! Banned! In a desperate attempt to save ourselves from censorship, we perform the happiest, most friendly and sunshiney thing we can think of... Hare Hare Yukai. Complete with huge guns, swords, and impeccable evil prettyboy hair.
LGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #172
kojirojames2004

Updating the lyrics:

If you cosplay...
That'd be okay
I mean what the hey
You'd look like Sasuke,
And you would see
If it's me I would feel free to say
That you cosplay
On any day.

And at a con
That show would be on
There's nothing wrong
Even if you sang a song
And then you've romp
And then get glomped
Or else get stomped whatever they say
When you cosplay...
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #173
Sumoko-chan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jmZvr8TSREY&feature=related
That one shows how unprepared people can be, I think if your going to do a skit and your unprepared, you should atleast have a good idea what your going to do. I once did a skit completly unprepared so the judges could judge(final judgeing) at a cosplay contest(chibi pa), and it was pretty good, not great but good. I was SNJ Naruto, I got a Inu Yasha group and we fought over ramen. I did the best with what I had, my ramen dissapred at the end of the skit, I miss my ramen T.T.
Sumoko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #174
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

The last verse needs some work. "And then you've romp" is off grammatically, and "or else get stomped whatever they say" just makes no sense.

"omp" is a hard syllable to rhyme with and sounds really bad at the end of a line. Given that the second and seventh lines break the meter anyway, I'd just rewrite the verse.

Also...in general? Not very funny. Get some more actual series references in there, make it more over-the-top in favor of cosplay, do -something- to put some blood in it.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 11-18-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #175
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

I wound up writing more of this in my head last night at work. -_- Imagine this in the context of a rabid fangirl trying to get her boyfriend to cosplay with her at the next con. He refuses repeatedly, and suddenly she breaks into song...

Girl: If you cosplay
It would be okay
I mean, cause, hey -
You could be Sasuke!
Because you see
If Kakashi
Wants yaoi
I'd squee -
If you cosplay!

Boy: I don't cosplay.

And then further verses go on about all the questionable things she wants to see her boyfriend do while dressed as various "bishie" characters, naturally.

I would totally work on this and do it myself, except that I imagine the girl dressed as Sakura, and this means I would have to make Naruto costumes, and I really don't want to. -_-
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #176
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

LOL! O.k. - I know that we're getting silly and off-topic but how about an "It's O.K. to Cross-play" I'm no good at lyrics, but someone must be able to do something with "Closet Cosplay" and "Man-Faye" (search YouTube for Tomboy if you haven't seen it! ^_^)
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #177
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

This talk on the song rewrite needs it's own thread. I like where it's going.
Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #178
kojirojames2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzikumaru View Post
"This talk on the song rewrite needs it's own thread. I like where it's going."
Good idea...

Spinning off "If You Cosplay" lyrics.
Unread 11-20-2007, 04:17 AM   #179
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

On a similar theme, a variation on overdone skits that I think could actually be amusing...

Haruhi cosplayers. Get up onstage, start to do the dance. Which the audience knows is old and overdone now, they've seen it a million times, so they're kinda meh...

Then before they've let it go on too long, a character or group of characters run in - a ninja, a villain, a bunch of fighting game characters, something like that... and they kill the supa-kawaiiiiiiii dancers. Audience cheers, the assassins take a bow, and exit the stage. And that's the end of the skit, right?

Wrong. After the crowd noise dies down... the "bodies" are still lying there. No one is getting up to leave the stage. What's this? Now the dancers are staggering slowly to their feet again, wobbling this way and that... and then the music starts again, and they start doing the Thriller dance.

Gunfire rings out, and some heavily-armed Resident Evil (or other zombie fighters) cosplayers appear and chase the undead Haruhi dancers off the stage.
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #180
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

LOL!

Danzikumaru is right - someone needs to start a "Skits that *should* be done" thread! Andrea - your stuff is just too good to be buried in the "Overdone Skits" thread. ^_^
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote