Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Masa D. Luffy
AX King

Monkey D. Luffy's eyes

http://www.no-treason.com/images/upl...luffy5_500.jpg

Would it be better to get contacts that fully black out my iris, or contacts that white my iris out? My eyes are naturally dark brown.
Back for yet another year of adventure, and partying until 6:00AM. Cons are weird like that.
Masa D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
Idle_Time

I would say just to keep them brown, you cant really notice the brown of it unless you really look, if you use black out or white out, I think it would look too unnatural, but if i had to pick, i would say black out, white out would make your eye look too small and even more unnatural
Idle_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #3
Vollyv
Mothball_Milkshake

I'd say to use the whiting out method, because he does have quite small eyes, or just leave as is.

Quid quid Latene dictum sit altum viditor
Vollyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
ChrowX
Here to Help

My personal opinion is to not do any of the above.

Luffy has normal eyes, but his character design simplifies them down to just dots. That doesn't mean he doesn't have irises or that his eye color is black. Not to mention, his clothing is kind of simplistic, why add another $80 for contacts when they're just going to awkwardly stick out and make your eyes look more unnatural.

Believe me, buying the contact will make your costume stick out strangely, rather than making it look better.
Unread 11-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
HybridTwist
Here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrowX View Post
My personal opinion is to not do any of the above.

Luffy has normal eyes, but his character design simplifies them down to just dots. That doesn't mean he doesn't have irises or that his eye color is black. Not to mention, his clothing is kind of simplistic, why add another $80 for contacts when they're just going to awkwardly stick out and make your eyes look more unnatural.

Believe me, buying the contact will make your costume stick out strangely, rather than making it look better.
I have to concur, having contacts that would make your pupils and irises look like one color would look more creepy than cool. I think the only time when anyone would really need contacts for a costume is if the iris has a specific design (ie. Sasuke's sharingan) or a specific color that's different from your own (ie. Edward Elric from FMA).

If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #6
Ryuukousai
just a tad awkward

Contacts aren't needed. The costume's simplistic and adding contacts will just throw it off. And since your eyes are dark brown, as Idle Time said, you eyes look black enough already, and no one will really notice the difference between them and black. Adding contacts will look awkward. Leave your eyes as is.
Ryuukousai is offline   Reply With Quote