Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
FlamingDawg

Perfect skin?

hey, i was wondering how to make your skin perfectly...well, perfect. are there any products to help your skin get clearer?btw, acne isn't the problem for me. i absolutely have no clue about anything to do with the skin actually.do cosplayers use some make up or something or do some of them just have heavenly perfect skin like these ppl?
http://toblerone.web.fc2.com/index2.html

please help with tips and such cuz i srsly do not have such beautiful skin =D
Thanks ahead of time!
FlamingDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

General cleanliness, good foundation and powder, and Photoshop. That's how you get perfect skin.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Midori Plantain
Zetsubou na Sekushi

Can Foundation Cover up scars on the sides of somenoe's face? PS: I'm a first timer on tDecember 7th. please need help lol
Midori Plantain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Depends on the scar and the foundation. If you want makeup that will cover pretty much anything, try the theatrical stuff--Ben Nye, Mehron, etc. Foundation/concealer is easier to get a natural look with and you can get it anywhere with a cosmetics section. Unless your scar is very dark, I'd recommend just using regular civilian products.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #5
london2191

I rarely ever can get perfect skin even if I tried because I have so many damned freckles on my face, it looks like make up is caked on because you can still see the freckles through the make up. -__-
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

My tips to get close to perfect skin. *And your lucky to not have problems with acne!*

1. Wash your face well! You want to get ride of dead skin cells and the oils on your face.
2. Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
3. On top of my moisturizer, I use a pore minimizer. I swear by Biore's pore perfect, pore minimizing moisturizer. It really works quite well.
4. To cover up red area's exex I use physicians formula green concealer. Any artist will know that green minimizes red.
5. Foundation. One that matches your skin tone of course.
6. A translucent powder to seal the makeup.

And that's it. Also remember to wash all makeup off when done with it!

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
Adamoluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
2. Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
3. On top of my moisturizer, I use a pore minimizer. I swear by Biore's pore perfect, pore minimizing moisturizer. It really works quite well.
4. To cover up red area's exex I use physicians formula green concealer. Any artist will know that green minimizes red.
This thread is very interresting... I was thinking of raising the same question, seeing as I'm not very good with make-up, I rarely ever use it. So please don't hurt me for being a newbie and asking stupid questions >.< :3

2. I heard you should moisturize, so I did that last time I wore skin make-up. But after 3 hours or so, my skin got really glossy and it felt warm and sticky. yuckness. Should some people not moisturize before putting on make-up? Or do you think I just did it wrong somehow?

3. What's a pore minimizer? What effect does small pores have on your skin? Does it give a more matte complexion or something?

4. ooh, good idea! But how do I get a hold of green concealer? Is it actually green, or is just slightly tinted? How do you cover up green-ness? Is that any easier than covering up red?
Adamoluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
agent_airline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamoluna View Post

2. I heard you should moisturize, so I did that last time I wore skin make-up. But after 3 hours or so, my skin got really glossy and it felt warm and sticky. yuckness. Should some people not moisturize before putting on make-up? Or do you think I just did it wrong somehow?

3. What's a pore minimizer? What effect does small pores have on your skin? Does it give a more matte complexion or something?

4. ooh, good idea! But how do I get a hold of green concealer? Is it actually green, or is just slightly tinted? How do you cover up green-ness? Is that any easier than covering up red?
2. What is your skin type like? Is it oily. Maybe you were sweating...
Also, some moisturizers aren't very makeup compatible. My personal recommend is the kind from dankern http://www.danielkern.com/cart.php?t...isturizer_info
You can also buy rice paper from a beauty store to touch up your makeup. It will blot the oil/shinyness from your skin without taking your makeup off.

3. I'm having trouble finding ingredients in pore minimizers... Just avoid anything alcohol based or astringent. In the long term, those can make your skin worse and even give you burns.
Just keep your skin clean and use good cleanser, then a non-pore-clogging moisturizer and you won't need all these extras.

4. physician's formula has a green tinted concealer thats available at Target and some drugstores. most beauty stores will carry it, just ask an employee. its a light tint that just hides the red, it won't turn your skin green
an alternative to that is a regular concealer that is slightly lighter than your skin tone. for that, i use l'oreal true match.

Last edited by agent_airline : 12-01-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Unread 12-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
godsavethequeen
Seamstress Extraordinaire

No one has mentioned the all important - water - drink LOTS of it! Drinking lots of water (instead of high sugar/high caffeine drinks like soda and coffee) all the time and just staying hydrated will make a huge difference in your skin texture.

http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com
gstqfashions@gmail.com
godsavethequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #10
MsKtty89

I use that matte moose foundation, so I don't use a powder on top because it ends up with a powdery finish. I don't know how it compares money-wise if you save any or not to get the one foundation opposed to a foundation and powder, though.
°~(|/\|
MsKtty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
agent_airline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKtty89 View Post
I use that matte moose foundation, so I don't use a powder on top because it ends up with a powdery finish. I don't know how it compares money-wise if you save any or not to get the one foundation opposed to a foundation and powder, though.
I stared at this for like five minutes before I realized you were talking about mousse foundation XD lol!
With liquid foundations, you really need to powder to set it and get it to look natural. I don't know how the mousse foundation works, since the one time I tried it, their lightest shade looked like a bad fake tan on me, so I didn't keep it. Might be good all its own, I don't know.
But in general, as far as makeup goes, investing a tiny bit extra money in a better product usually pays off. This is your skin, take care of it Too-cheap makeup has given me really bad eye irritation before (like swelling and itch).
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #12
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

I say try to pick a moisturizer that works with your type of skin. I do not have the oily skin problem, so I never had a problem with it. Try to find an oil free moisturizer. And like airline said, pick up rice paper to blot away the oilyness.

A pore minimizer is to make the pores on your face look smaller, so that your have smoother healthier looking skin. About sideaffects, I have no idea. I have no problems with it at all, and having been using it for a year now.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #13
calen383
mendacity to the max

Does anyone know how well that mineral foundation stuff works that I have seen all over the TV recently? They advertise it with one of the American Top Model winners. Anyone else seen it/tried it?
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

I personally use Bare Minerals over my normal coverup. I swear by it. It does work really well, perviding you apply it right.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #15
Moon_Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by calen383 View Post
Does anyone know how well that mineral foundation stuff works that I have seen all over the TV recently? They advertise it with one of the American Top Model winners. Anyone else seen it/tried it?
That stuff works great for me, but the colors can be kinda dark, i used to wear ivory powder from Covergirl, but the Ivory in minerals is really dark on my skin so i had to buy the ''soft ivory''. They make alot of colors for skins tones now, when the stuff first came out they only had a few. Neway it's a really great products and i think it makes my skin look clearer.
Shampoo ~ Ranma 1/2
Giroro pj's ~ SGT Frog
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2011
Seishun Con 2011?
Dragon Con 2011
AWA XVII
Moon_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote