Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-29-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
miyavilover666

My Moitie

So i got my first designer Lolita dress...the only problem is now i need a shirt and shoes that are good enought for the dress xD
I have a pair of White platform heels that go nicley..but the shirt i am wearing just dosn't cut it in my eyes..what do you think?? and anyone got a place i can get a nice undershirt for somewhat cheap...like atleast under $100

i actually had someone come up to me and say i looked like Mana...lets take a look shall we...

UM No..i will never be that beautiful T-T

sorry about the bad pics T-T my camera fails a horrible life
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Hiccup- How to train your dragon 2
Check out Umbra cosplay!
I was featured on Otaku House Representing America, check me out here!

Last edited by miyavilover666 : 12-30-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: edit edit LOL..add more..
miyavilover666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2007, 04:06 AM   #2
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

;__; Eyaaaah the dress is sexy!! But you are really prettier! ^_____^
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
miyavilover666

*ultra blush* thank you very much...Isn't the dress beautiful...it makes me very happy.^^ any suggesetions on the shirts?
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Check out Umbra cosplay!
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

I'd say something with bubble sleeves in white/cream or black. Bubble sleeves were the 'in' thing this year so you should be able to find them at any sort of retailer.
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Elenoa
Funny Bunny

I agree with Enk. If you could find a bubble-sleeved blouse, it should work.

Also, depending on the color of your undershirt, you should coordinate your socks and shoes according to it. If your undershirt is white, then white socks/shoes would be alright. But if your undershirt is dark colored, then something dark on your feet and legs would work.

I do have a little concern that kinda contradicts with what I said about having white. I think the dress looks best if you can get a kurololi (all-black) look.
Elenoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
miyavilover666

I do like the all black look but i need to find some good black loli shoes then..i do have a pair of platform demonia books but that dress deserves better T-T I do like the bubble idea but what about something kinda based of the lace colared Moitie dress. Like get a commission for it^^; unfortunatly i don't have the money nor the small shouler length to put it over my head
T-T... I think i might post some pics of the shirts.shoes i have so you can see what i have to work with ^^
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Check out Umbra cosplay!
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

that would be lovely too. Those type of blouses are very hard to make though, so a commissioner might charge you more than a hundred dollars. If you want the collared look, you could go with a shirt that has a square neck and either add a lacey 'neck corset' or have someone make a dickie for you, which would be more affordable and still have a certain period look.

Personally, I don't think the dress is cut out for that type of look. However, you have to like the dress, not I.
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
BlueBerry_Witch
Sweet Magic

Aww, so cute!

Some suggestions:

Are you wearing a petticoat at all? The dress looks a little flat, and lolita needs to have a cupcake shape to the skirt.

I love your hair, but I think you should find a nice shade of lipstick that isn't black. It looks a bit costumey and I think a nice shade of rose would look much, much better.

Also, I couldn't see them too much in the pics, but you might want to invest in some different socks, maybe from a Lolita brand. "Knit" knee length socks look out of place with the dress. (Maybe some Knee Socks from In the Starlight, if you don't want to spend too much.)

If you wanted a specific style of shirt, I also recommend In the Starlight for commissions. She has very fair prices and does great custom stuff.

(www.inthestarlight.com is their website, for reference.)
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
miyavilover666

Well my petticoat is on its way and i am getting it form starlight so i know of there wonders ^^
The socks those aren't my only socksi actually do have a pair of knit socks...i just cant find them^^; its all of the after christmas mess....still xD
I agree with the lips...but i go for more of a Gothic Mana~ish lolita..becouse i love Mana..but i agree i will try that ^^
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Check out Umbra cosplay!
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #10
Milkhoney
Ero doll.

If you're going for white platforms, I suggest a white blouse, try annahousefashion.com they have great blouses and are very cheap around 35$-40$ Great dress though, not too sure about the black lipstick but to each their own.
Milkhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:32 AM   #11
BlueBerry_Witch
Sweet Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavilover666 View Post
Well my petticoat is on its way and i am getting it form starlight so i know of there wonders ^^
The socks those aren't my only socksi actually do have a pair of knit socks...i just cant find them^^; its all of the after christmas mess....still xD
I agree with the lips...but i go for more of a Gothic Mana~ish lolita..becouse i love Mana..but i agree i will try that ^^
Oh, no, I meant that knit knee socks look out of place with Lolita. The socks you're wearing for the pics look like knits to me, but maybe I'm just crazy.

If you still wanted it to be a more gothic, maybe focus more on the eyes (nothing crazy of course ^^ but a darker pink/plum shade.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I love your hair. Is that a wig? It looks so perfect!
Unread 12-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
miyavilover666

no that is my hair...YAY you like it..that is great.. the way it is cut it is actually based of off Die from Dir EN Grey..with the major split layer like..
hey look i have nice short hair then you see the rest and your simply state...well that is interesting......
It gives my hair a nice fluffy look...and those are my natural curles XD yay they actually came in handy....
the sock are not knit.. they are a thin..almost silk like matierial...but i am gettinh new ones...and maybe Moitie socks..so i know it will work..
YAY MORE MOITIE
Thank You Mana sama ^^
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Check out Umbra cosplay!
Unread 12-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #13
miyavilover666

ok so i am going to post some new pics. but just to tell you i didn't change much with the outfit..and i didn't read about most of this after i wore the outfit so i will try some of the suggestions next time ^^
Albedo- Xenosaga 2
Space Dandy- Space dandy
Judal (revamp)- Magi
Check out Umbra cosplay!
Unread 12-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #14
MadameButterfly
Classic Lolita Doll

I really think you should ditch the white face make up and black lipstick. It looks way too costumey. A more natural look would fit better in my opinion.
MadameButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #15
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameButterfly View Post
I really think you should ditch the white face make up and black lipstick. It looks way too costumey. A more natural look would fit better in my opinion.
She already said she is going for a Mana type look. Mana wears tons of black lipstick, so it works out well.

ETA: if you want to capture that Mana look for your pictures, just take them in an alright lit place but leave out the flash. Or use photoshop to take away some brightness and add a tiny bit of gaussian blur to get that soft flawlessness that he has.

Last edited by Enk : 12-30-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Enk is offline   Reply With Quote