Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1182 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #556
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Judging by the last time this happened...

*grabs flame-proof umbrella and hides*
Room under there for one more?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #557
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Just to let people know. Now that I've brought him to public attention I've finally gotten a response from him via pm, I will edit my feedback if I recieve the return from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my website::
www.animeangelblue.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #558
Rukia_Kurosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Judging by the last time this happened...

*grabs flame-proof umbrella and hides*

EDIT: Kayago: I'd suggest posting a new thread as most people who come in here looking for stuff like that just check the front page, not the body posts
Most people already know VIA LiveJournal ^^ Thanks though.
Rukia_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #559
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
I know this forum is for posting about commissioners and reviewing them.
Then why use it for a totally different purpose? You could create a "Who not to commission for" topic, if there isn't one already. :< If this is a commissioner review thread, this info isn't even relevant, sorry to say.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #560
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Then why use it for a totally different purpose? You could create a "Who not to commission for" topic, if there isn't one already. :< If this is a commissioner review thread, this info isn't even relevant, sorry to say.
+1
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #561
BeckiebooTwo
Watashi wa amai ame desu.

"Costume Commissioners NOT to go to for a commission!"
That should help?
Temari (second outfit) -Naruto (worn at ACen '06, '07)
Rose (Dress from ep 49) -Full Metal Alchemist (worn at ACen '07)
Planned/In Progress
Fuuka -Persona 3: 5%
Kitsurubami -FLCL: 50%
Polka -Eternal Sonata 5%

All for people using as much English as possible when in the forums!!! Please join me, won't you?
Love Harry Potter?
BeckiebooTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #562
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckiebooTwo View Post
Um, if you're referring to BlueCosplayAnge, it doesn't - I was talking about a thread for commissioners to post about bad experiences with certain customers.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #563
BeckiebooTwo
Watashi wa amai ame desu.

Oh, shyte...my bad. ): *brainfart*
Temari (second outfit) -Naruto (worn at ACen '06, '07)
Rose (Dress from ep 49) -Full Metal Alchemist (worn at ACen '07)
Planned/In Progress
Fuuka -Persona 3: 5%
Kitsurubami -FLCL: 50%
Polka -Eternal Sonata 5%

All for people using as much English as possible when in the forums!!! Please join me, won't you?
Love Harry Potter?
BeckiebooTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #564
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Um, if you're referring to BlueCosplayAnge, it doesn't - I was talking about a thread for commissioners to post about bad experiences with certain customers.
There was one i remember posting something in that thread. But many people got confused for another, "Costume Commissioners NOT to go to for a commission!", and so the thread got deleted or moved. dont rmemeber.

Guess people dont read first.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #565
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilena189 View Post
All right. To start off with, I am the friend that GreyCat has been talking about. I am rather new to cosplay and commissions so when I came across this problem, I asked her for help with settling it in the easiest, most efficient manner. What she is telling is true of my experience and I shall go in to the detail that you all want and hopefully you will stop bashing her for trying to help in the best way she knows how.
This is what happened: I placed an order on eBay on October 8, 2007 to the seller DreamAngels. The order was for a styled Aerith wig, which I needed to go with a new costume I ordered at the same time from a different dealer. The payment for the wig was received on the same day, as I paid using paypal immediately after agreeing to buy the item, on October 8, 2007. The payment was accepted and I received an e-mail saying that it would take 2-3 weeks to style the wig and that I would receive another e-mail to confirm shipment of the wig. I waited a month and there was no shipment confirmation e-mail, so this is when I began to get worried. I double, even triple-checked to make sure that the payment was received and it was. The item was also listed in my eBay summary as being an item I had won. After another two weeks I sent an e-mail to DreamAngels asking about the wig, and if it had been shipped and I received no response. I was not able to actually get together with GreyCat until about another 2 or 3 weeks later, in order to explain to her fully what had happened and ask for her help with the situation. I sent another e-mail almost 2 weeks ago (two weeks on sunday) asking once again about the wig I ordered and I still have not received a response from them. If you have any more questions to ask, ask me, and please quit bashing my GreyCat for being a good, helpful friend.
Thank You.
Hi!

First off I just want to apologize for the late response in this thread. I do not have internet at my house at the moment and I would rather not check C.com at the office ^_^; I'm currently using the internet at the Ohayocon hotel....lol! I haven't been able to get into my email account much either since I'm on leave from work past 2 or so weeks. I try to get on when I go to a friend's place, but its a bit difficult. Sorry!!

Secondly if this is going to be a review, it is from Sakura Wigs, not Dream Angels as we are seperate entities, which may have been the problem with emailing through the Dream Angels gmail account--which is completely our fault and we will fix this communication issue as soon as my wireless is back.
You haven't heard from Dream Angels because they forward any related inquiries to the Sakura Wigs gmail account and I reply from there.

I actually sent two email notifications (through the Sakura Wigs gmail account) about 4 weeks ago notifying the buyer that I had a really bad shipment of base wigs. I think the factory forgot to put the finishing coating on the wig fibres, resulting in the wigs tangling straight out of the bag. I am against sending out mediocre products so I sent out emails to all orders affected (yours included) about the delay since I needed to completely re-order the shipment. Unforunately the turnaround time from my suppliers is quite long and the holiday season made it even longer.

Your wig was completed before I left for Ohayocon, it was in its final drying phase, so I can either ship out Monday with shipping upgraded to Express for free OR give you a complete refund is that is what you prefer.

I do apologize for any miscommunication or confusion, but please understand that I did email a notification as soon as I identified the quality problem and whatever else happened was outside of my control.

Again, please keep in mind this entire transaction/issue is from Sakura Wigs, not Dream Angels. Thanks!

If there's any other questions/comments, please email me rather than posting here, because I can check my email account at work usually ^____^ [sakurawigs(AT)gmail.com]

Thanks for your patience and understanding, sorry again ^_^

~heki

Last edited by heki-chan : 01-05-2008 at 09:18 PM.
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #566
SakuraLee
Vocaloid Addict

Name of Commissioner: HonestDragonChina
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/honestdragonchina
Character commissioned and series/video game: Costume Chobits- Chi white dress.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: [Will post tomorrow]
Timeline: 2 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros: Overall a wonderful costume and very visually appealing :3 The fabric is of good quality and it is very well made. I like it a lot. The petticoat there were no problems and the free ears were cute.

Cons: How long did it take me to get the costume on though? around half an hour. Everything was done an inch or so smaller than I had given in my measurements o.O So obviously it was a really tight squeeze to get it on (although I got there eventually xD) A bit of modifying with the zip helped a little bit. Shipping costed £42.99 GBP. I wish these commisioners from China would STOP making profit off the shipping costs like that, I know the costumes wasn't light but honestly... You could probably ship a piano for that shipping price. It took nearly 3 weeks to ship, which was quite the wait.

Comments: Despite that- It really was well made quality wise ^^
Final Grade:
Difficult but... B-

Last edited by SakuraLee : 01-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.
SakuraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #567
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:45 AM   #568
Yugure
is a cake waiting to lie

This thread is lovely, Kanira!! Thank you so much! This was really helpful, because I'm a new person to ordering cosplay stuff.

Thanks for the great thread-layout. Can I say I <3 you or would that be too much??
Yugure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #569
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Haha, no worries ^^ I just wish it could be even better organized! But thank you so much!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #570
NekoMimiChan
*Bri*

Name Of Commissioner: VampiricMosaic
C.com gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=48401

Paine's Wig: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...5&member=75220
October '07 - November '07

Pro's: VampiricMosaic is amazing with wigs! For this wig I traded her my Utena sword for the styling on a base wig that I bought and didn't know how to style, I'm clueless with wigs. She's always in constant communication and she posted progress pictures and kept me updated. The wig fit well and was perfect for my Paine cosplay. Since we go to the same cons its easy to trade cosplay stuffs. You can really see in the pictures when I didn't have the wig and how much the costume rocked after I had it styled.

Con's; none!

final grade: A+

Future Costumes
Carmilla - Vampire Hunter D
Haydee - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Barioth Blademaster - Monster Hunter
Lulu- FFX
Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

For Prop Commissions visit my store, DistinctiveProps, on etsy.
NekoMimiChan is online now   Reply With Quote