Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #2011
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Okay, I'm liking the idea of locking this main event thread and starting a sticky one for "Events for 2008"
Now, my question is this. If we make a thread for each "major" event we do (ie, bowling, birthday parties, karaoke nights. graduation/other parties) how long should each thread be allowed to exist before we lock it down?

Also, I'm wondering, should we change the "Wings Thread" to something more accurate like "Weekly Youmacon Meeting", since the weekly gathering that it used to be is no more?
Facebook DeviantArt

Unread 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #2012
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I would say after the event passes, lock down the thread as it's will no longer be needed after that.

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #2013
limey
Trouble Maker

I would say after there is a week without activity post event. This would give shutter bugs and such time to edit and post to the thread with out creating a new topic.

Also, Pruning of threads would be good as mentioned above. After a year remove the posts. IMO Some threads shouldn't be pruned the newbie thread for instance. It can serve as a record of people who've came and gone over the years.

Last edited by limey : 01-07-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: a second thought that required better fleshing out
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #2014
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Ehh... Advertising the Youmacon meeting too much might lead to... problems. Obviously people can't be barred from attending it since it's in a public place (Wings), but we've had problems with some random people just showing up unexpectedly in the past. Maybe just note that the gathering changed into a Youmacon meeting as the last post and then lock the thread?

Last edited by mgperkow : 01-07-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #2015
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgperkow View Post
Ehh... Advertising the Youmacon meeting too much might lead to... problems. Obviously people can't be barred from attending it since it's in a public place (Wings), but we've had problems with some random people just showing up unexpectedly in the past. Maybe just note that the gathering changed into a Youmacon meeting as the last post and then lock the thread?
Sounds good to me. As much as I hate to do it (considering I was one of the ones that remembers when Wings Night was really that), that's the best possible option.

The two newbie threads will not be touched. I'm leaving the official newbie thread alone, and debating on making our original thread "Searching for cosplayers in SE Michigan" into a sticky. That way, it might cut down on random "are there any cosplayers here?" threads that may pop up.

A week without activity on the thread before it's locked sounds good. I'm thinking threads that get no responses after a week or two should be deleted, too (to keep out the clutter of "empty" threads)

For con purposes, shall we make one sticky for "Major cons attended by MCS" and have that be for plans for Ohayocon, Acen, Otakon, and Youma and then one for "All other con plans" for all the other cons that those of us here might attend (Katsucon, Jafax, Anime Iowa, Ikkasucon, etc. )

I really appreciate everyone's input so far! ^_^
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:18 AM   #2016
MagiusT
Need Title...

I really think deleting threads is a bad idea. Why would you delete the history of our group. I personally like seeing all the threads here. It proves how active we are and have been in the past. Any deletion of the main threads is just simply unacceptable in my opinion and I'll raise a ruckus if it happens.
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #2017
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

Yea! T_T leave the main events thread alone! it's not hurting anyone. okay, yea, delete the sweeny todd movie night, and all these random con threads (katsucon wtf?) but this is the most used thread.

It would cause more clutter if people made a new thread for every discussion. i.e. all this junk in there now.

if you want to clean it up, delete just the posts from two years ago.

this is a nice thread to throw out ideas and see if people catch on. people would just make a new thread everytime if we didn't have this.

so yea, in a nutshell, i think it would be better and more organized to keep this thread and not start a bunch of new ones ^^

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #2018
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

I'm not saying I'm gonna delete this thread. I'm sorry if somehow I gave everyone the impression that I was! *feels stupid*

I was saying I was gonna lock this one down and start a new one "Main Events for 2008", and delete some of the useless ones, like Emoly said. If everyone would rather the Main Events be left as it is, then that's no problem at all.
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #2019
Uchihacest69

oooooh. lol okay gotcha ^_<

Unread 01-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #2020
Uchihacest69

lmao and i still say we bowl again....

Unread 01-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #2021
Maishiru

well all the ideas said sound really fun, and it's a good oportunity for the newbies if you take my language skills right to get use of the oter people you know for when people travel around to cosplays and all the people don't feel at all nervous or scared
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #2022
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Okay, tomorrow morning I'm gonna start doing the forum clean-up.
Matt or Scott, will you please make a post in the "Wings Thread" stating that it has become a Youma meeting (I have no right to, since I don't go to said meetings but maybe once or twice...and that's only if Venus is in the mood for crashing one), so I can take it off sticky and lock it?

If someone wants to start the "2008 Main Events" thread and start it off with the bowling idea, that would be great, too.

Anyone have any other ideas before I start the clean up?
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #2023
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I guess I'll take up the almighty task if no one objects...Then all one would need to do is have you or another Mod Sticky it later..

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #2024
venus2869
ConMom &amp;amp; Miracle Worker

It's Shei, starting the clean up ^^ I'm just locking this thread, but leaving it as a sticky so new members can see what we're all about!
Unread 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #2025
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Lightbulb

Well, it's been a while, I say a cosplay gathering is in order. If anyone is interested, I have a brand new location that I think some of you might find interesting.
Closed Thread