Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1173 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #571
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #572
catnip23

Name of Commissioner: Human_go
Website: http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosplay-costume-store
Character commissioned and series: Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuden (top & skirt)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Coming soon, will update.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Received about 3 weeks after order was placed
Pros: Very fast. Responded to every question I had within the same day. Even knocked $10 off the price when I made a comment about the shipping cost being high. Cheap prices. Stitching was very nice. Good quality fabric. Fit perfectly. Looked exactly as pictured in auction. Will commission again in the future.
Cons: None.
Final Grade: A+
catnip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #573
ekk_amanda_
loves rpattzzz

As anyone every bought from Lotahk Cosplay Punk Costume Store on ebay?
Let me know if there any good.
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #574
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #575
yunaeonSummoner
KawaiiHimeChii

I'm having a problem with annanime about a year ago I commissioned two costumes,and a bag. a tifa costume and a squall costume and a ff7 messenger bag I still have yet to receive them, and wanted to report her for a bad commissioner. I'd like either a refund, or the costumes if she sees this. She's been ignoring my PM's, and emails. i sent her a pm and email 2 weeks ago and i told her to reply or i was going to give her a bad review on the 21st of january i saw her continued to be online but she cotinued to ignored me so i got tired of waiting she wont send me a update or anything like that
we had a spat during the summer but she forgive me in October and no longer had a grudge on me so she
she missed 2 conventions without some type of refund for me people wanted my picture as tifa and i wanted to go to a ball in the squall military gold black costume and shes having xmas sales that bothers me
thank you
here are some pms we exchanged on oct 12
first by me

Originally Posted by yunaeonSummoner
i was wondering do you or do not accept my apology i do mean i forgive you and i regreat how i treated you i just felt so bad now that i saw what you gone through in the past with the lulu costume thing and i saw your family pictures and that made me feel twice as worse i am sorry for how i treated you i just got a little frustrated and you have nice family
do you accept my apology and do you forgive me i am diing to know
srry about sending you so many pms

then to anns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnAnime

Yes I do accept.

I'm not mad anymore nor am I holding a grudge.

I do want to make your costume and get it to you. I'll try to get it out to you as soon as I can and I'm sorry that I got sick and all that stuff happened.

Last edited by yunaeonSummoner : 01-16-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: mistype
yunaeonSummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #576
sweet_magic
Wind User

Name of Commissioner: NekoMimiChan
Website/C.com gallery: http://forums.cosplay.com/member/75220
Character commissioned and series/video game: Kairi's waist belt, straps, and bag from Kingdom Hearts 2
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1375094
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Under 2 weeks

Pros: She broke down all the materials she would use and even made it so I can use the bag (it can easily fit a wallet, cell phone, and mini notebook), and the belt has different size adjustments. I recieved my item almost 2 months before my initial deadline. She also keep me updated with the progress and sent me photos, along with me not having to send payment until the project was completed first.

Cons: Both the buttons on the bag fell off, I'm guessing during shipping and the hook that keeps the bag close comes easily undone (the snaps probably should have been a little lower). However, these things are no big deal, because I plan on adding velcro to the bag to ensure it stays close and super glue the buttons back on.

Comments: Overall, she's a great and very professional commissioner. Super fast, too. I'll definately be going to her again if I need anymore accessories and/or props.

Final Grade: A-
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 02:22 AM   #577
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 01-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #578
yunaeonSummoner
KawaiiHimeChii

Name of Commissioner: AnnAnime

Website/C.com gallery: http://animecostumes.awardspace.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game:

Final Fantasy AC Tifa costume and wig and Final Fantasy 8 Squall costume and wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: never received anything

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

I paid her February 2007 over 300$, the deadline was April 2007.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

She got sick for around 2 months and her mom hurt her back or something that was sketchy so she couldn't work on the costumes. When I tried to get in touch with her she blocked me on aim and didn't reply any of my mails. She’s also refusing to refund my money already missed two of the "promised" deadlines in April 2007 and October 2007.

Final Grade: F-
yunaeonSummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #579
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #580
sweet_magic
Wind User

Name of Commissioner: Velvet_eden/ Hoshi Designs
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/velvet_eden/index.htm
Character commissioned and series/video game: Original designed Lolita mini top hats (Gothic skull and Hello Kitty)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/Diesuke/hk1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../redskull2.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 2 weeks

Pros: Seeing as the commissioner was a having a sale and I needed a set of top hats to complete my friend and I lolita dresses I decided to commission them. Fortunately it was the right choice to do. The quality of the hats definately exceeds the prices (on sale price or not). They were very kind and paitent when it came to payment. And they were able to take into account, the materials, colors and style I described to them that I wanted and was able to mad\ke it exactly how I envisioned them to be in my head.

Cons: None

Comments: Very affordable and makes gorgeous hats. I'm not sure if they specialize in anything else other than mini top hats, but I plan to commission them again in the near future either way.

My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #581
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Name of Commissioner: Nugrosjp

Character Commissioned: Crimson Whirlwind (Romeo x Juliet)

Pictures of Commissioned Item: Coming soon within the week

Timeline: A little over a month

Describe Your Experience: After reading many positive things about Nugrosjp on this review thread, I decided to give this commissioner a try, and I am SO glad I did! Very fast communication (my emails were always replied to within 24 hours, usually less!). The overall quality of the costume is amazing and the costume was professionally packaged/sealed when shipped. There was an incident where the commissioner forgot to mail a couple parts of the costume, but he paid to have the parts Fedex'ed to me so I would receive them in time for the convention No cons with this commissioner! Will definitely do business with him again!

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #582
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #583
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

Name of Commissioner: human_go
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com.au/human-go-c...-costume-store
Character commissioned and series/video game: Agito Wanijima (Air Gear) Orange Outfit - full costume.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Shown on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.... romot_widget
Timeline: Still in process (brought and paid for, just waiting for it to be made)
Describe your Experience.
Pros: A friend of mine is also buying a cosplay from them, and also recommended me to buy off them. She eased my speculation with ebay commissioners work, when she told me she has seen their work before, which looked very professional.

Very good communication so far, I am very pleased with their quick replies. I sent them about 3 or 4 emails regarding to the costume itself and postage, and they have answered all within minutes of me sending them. Their English is also very good too

Also the postage that Chinese ebay commissioners are ridiculous, but surprisingly I spoke to the commissioner and I am only paying 10usd for postage and insurance - very nice.

Cons: So far none yet...although the postage costs do annoy me a bit but meh...

Comments. I shall keep you updated

Final Grade: at the moment A

Last edited by white_rabbit : 01-29-2008 at 07:13 AM.
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #584
YoiYoi
Ghetto cosplayer innit?

Name of Commissioner: human_go (eBay seller)
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosplay-costume-store
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): I got two - Mistral from .hack//infection and Princess Peach. Both were complete costumes but no wig. Both costumes came with the respective headwear (a crown for Peach and Mistral's... hat... thing, haha) and Mistral got a pair of shoe covers to put on top of normal shoes to make them look like her shoes.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I haven't taken very good pictures yet as I literally got these this morning, so these pictures aren't GREAT but you'll get some sort of idea, hopefully? -

http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003461qv6.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003449de3.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Paid for both of them together on January 9th, got them today (29th Jan)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. The seller was great to communicate with, she always responded to my questions quickly. Absolutely no problems with the seller. The costume too was good, the material was nice and the sizes were accurate, which surprised me. I've heard human_go makes costumes from mass produced costumes but if that's true, her editing is really good because I'm awkwardly sized (a.k.a very short with a huuuuge chest, haha). The trousers for Mistral
were a little bit tight but they're still wearable.

Some of the aspects of the costume weren't exactly the most accurate (like Princess Peach's crown went around my head instead of on top of it and Mistral's shrug had tassels instead of what it's meant to have) and the pictures you get shown on the eBay listing isn't what you get. What you get isn't half bad though

Final Grade: A-
YoiYoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #585
TwilightMoon

I am glad cause I just requested a commission from human go. I'll post a review once I finish it.
TwilightMoon is offline   Reply With Quote