Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #106
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post
I still am unable to add Anime Fest to my list of conventions. Neither by going to the Event Listing for 2008 screen or the Convention Planner in my Account options...No big right now, just thought youd like to know.
Thanks, it's fixed now.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #107
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!
 
UsagiNoSenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,480
The button to delete a gallery in the Gallery Admin doesn't work, it is just a link to http://www.cosplay.com/albums.php. Not a huge issue since an empty gallery doesn't show up anyways.
__________________
兎の戦士 -- 2013
Eir Stagalkin- Guild Wars 2
Omelette - Sakizo
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #108
tsuoi_kaze
PERSONA! *bang*
 
tsuoi_kaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,290
Random question, but will we ever be able to get rid of the "Latest Photo Uploads" on our gallery page? It looks cluttered and it being there sort of makes having seperate galleries for different costumes and/or events almost pointless.
Sorry if that didn't make much sense.....

Last edited by tsuoi_kaze : 01-29-2008 at 11:50 AM.
tsuoi_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #109
Schuldig_
Optical illusion
 
Schuldig_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,364
This feels a little silly, but this thread only shows up 1/4 of the times I try to get in here...
__________________
~Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.~


"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #110
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,075
When I try to use the report button I just get a blank page. ;_;
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #111
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
When I try to use the report button I just get a blank page. ;_;
Fixed, thanks.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #112
tsukinohime3
Locked in my Workshop
 
tsukinohime3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGR View Post
1- I'm sorry if this double posted...my internet crapped out right when I hit post.

2- I'm so sorry to complain, I've been with and have loved this site since 2003, but this new layout for the entire site looks like a bug to me. I hate to have to say....I hate it. Sorry, it's just so cluttered. I probably shouldn't say anything until things are sorted out as you guys are working on it, but I just wanted to share my first initial impression; I'm shocked...kinda in a bad way.
I didn't want to say this before when I posted a bug, since I didn't feel that this would be an appropriate area to say it, but ditto. :/ My eyes don't know where to go and there's so much stuff everywhere that it's very confusing. There's just TOO MUCH going on on every page.

A lot of my web designing friends agree with me, too, but don't want to say anything to upset Kyle, who I'm sure is working his butt off to fix everything up for us.

__________________
FuzziLovies: Where Cute Comes Standard!
Lovies for infants and small children - the perfect one-of-a-kind gift to show how much you care.
Now taking costume commissions!
tsukinohime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #113
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Once the gallery page is changed to the better layout (tonight) it'll flow a little better. It's all about the flow of the site.

Yesterday, even with 7 hours of downtime, stats are showing the following compared to the average day:

61% more photo uploads (1256 vs 780/day average)
436 new costumes (a 344% increase vs the daily average, no typo)
138 new members (vs. 71/day for January so far - 94% increase)

We also were one of the top days yet for new forum threads, and set a record for number of members logged in.

Pageviews were up 22%.

Again, all of this was with the site down from 1am to 8am, which means the hourly averages were even higher, and even taking into account much of the site being broken for a while. All of this points to an easier site experience. Some people hate the new design, but I'd wager many more hated the old one, which I was always the first to admit always felt like a big photo dump with a forum attached. Click around a bit and I'm sure the site will start to flow for you.

Anyway, back to the bugs.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #114
Rock nam Lee
Saiyan Photographer
 
Rock nam Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,032
Just a question, when your done with the new updated layout, will we be able to view "my gallery" pictures as non-thumbnails, and with the info such as comments, views, etc...?

Also will you be able sort through your favorites with the option "oldest image"?
__________________
.
Conventions? I do those. The moon. Still under consideration...
eleventhphotograph.com
Rock nam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #115
Shazzie-chan
Yaoi Obsessed
 
Shazzie-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but all the formatting on my profile page in the 'about me' section isn't showing. so it's all squashed together.
i hope that helps.
Shazzie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #116
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock nam Lee View Post
Just a question, when your done with the new updated layout, will we be able to view "my gallery" pictures as non-thumbnails, and with the info such as comments, views, etc...?

Also will you be able sort through your favorites with the option "oldest image"?
Yes, the gallery will be going to very near what the old one was like so you'll be able to see the comments and other items. It is my intention to take the old setup and just add a few extra functions to it. The site is basically just a few browser templates that can all be stretched the same directions, the galleries are no exception.

I've added the "Oldest Image" option for you in the favorites as an example.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #117
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie-chan View Post
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but all the formatting on my profile page in the 'about me' section isn't showing. so it's all squashed together.
i hope that helps.
About Me isn't enabled yet, sorry. It will be either tonight or tomorrow - it's just a field in your profile that, if filled out, makes that sub-section of the profile default to it instead of the Q&A page.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #118
Luminescence
Registered User
 
Luminescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
I'm not sure if this has been addressed by anyone yet, but the site won't allow me to change the costume icon for one of my costumes to a new one. I just get the following message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w160/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 496

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w120/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 500

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w80/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 504

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t160/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 510

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t120/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 514

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t80/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 518


Over and over and over! D:

Last edited by Luminescence : 01-29-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Luminescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #119
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan
 
Admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminescence View Post
I'm not sure if this has been addressed by anyone yet, but the site won't allow me to change the costume icon for one of my costumes to a new one. I just get the following message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w160/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 496

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w120/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 500

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/w80/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 504

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t160/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 510

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t120/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 514

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/i/costumes/t80/71549.jpg' for writing in /cosplaycp.php on line 518


Over and over and over! D:
Thanks, this is a known bug - there are some permissions problems that I'll be tackling later today. Please try again later this evening.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #120
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness
 
KittyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Some people hate the new design, but I'd wager many more hated the old one, which I was always the first to admit always felt like a big photo dump with a forum attached.
Yep - the old layout was outdated looking years ago.

The new design flows better and provides more ways to get to more places faster than before. That's a sign of good web design, even if people don't like the change.
The sections actually look put together now, instead of just looking like different pieces stuck together on the same site.

I see the "user online/offline" dot has returned to the Profile! Thanks. ^_^ I'd love it if the age, title and such were returned to the Profile as well. Especially since the age can be controlled by the user to display or not display, as they choose. It's neat to see how old people are!

Also, clicking on "My Favorites" currently returns this error:
Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /zinclude/photos.php on line 114
__________________
Gearing up for Con-G: February 22-24, 2013 in Guelph, Ontario!!
Greatest Con-G video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHIm-zJZfg

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.