Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Unread 01-18-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Anime Matsuri 2008 (The Woodlands, TX)

http://www.animematsuri.com/

Well, I looked all around and couldn't find a topic for this, so, I'm taking the initiative! Anyone going?

Azrael-sama made the following comments about last year's Anime Matsuri that I'd like to have here on the first post. Please hear her out.
--------------------------------
Where to begin?

I know that alot of you had problems with A.M. last year that the con tanked it's first year. But that's the thing it was this cons first year and most cons always fail its first year. Some people like it some don't.

I am friends with the A.M. staff and all I can say is they have learned their lesson from last year and have read and reviewed all of the attendees complaints. They have apologized for everything that happened at A.M. last year and are working their butts off this year to fix all of the problems.
Last year it was mostly lack of volunteers, disorganization, cost, lack of activities, location, etc. I can say that they have gotten their act together.
As of this weekend they are having a press conference for A.M. at Ikkicon if you are attending A.M. this year but you are worried because of last year please check out the website or check out the press conference if you are going to be at Ikkicon.

I would really like to see people return to this con and give it another chance.
I give the A.M. staff my full support and while I can't promise anything I have full faith in them that this con will be loads better than their first.

Anyways, on to what I wanted to talk about.
(If you are going please say so, but please don't talk about how horrible the first was and that's why your not returning.)

I didn't want to create another topic on this but I just wanted to know who is giving this con another chance and if so who are you cosplaying as?
--------------------------
So, yeah, are you going? Who are you going as?

(On a personal note, is anyone cosplaying from the "Tales of" series to this con? I want to organize a group ^.^)

Last edited by DawnYuuki : 02-26-2008 at 11:40 AM.
DawnYuuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
yuffie-star
Certified Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnYuuki View Post

Not to mention, the convention website looks very well designed and attended to. From the little experience I've had with cons, a website can tell a lot of the level of organization of the convention.

So, yeah, are you going? Who are you going as?
You didn't go last year, did you?

I miiiiiiiight be going. It's most likely a no because I'd rather save money for A-kon.
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuffie-star View Post
You didn't go last year, did you?

I miiiiiiiight be going. It's most likely a no because I'd rather save money for A-kon.

Nope. Do you mean to say that the organization was lacking last year, then?
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

Quote:
Nope. Do you mean to say that the organization was lacking last year, then?
Well,it's all in here.

It seems they really learned their lesson this year,besides it's a Houston con,so I am gonna support them.And they did pick a good location,but the dates they chose were a bit iffy to me.Have you seen the rooms,they look so spacious,7 people can sleep comfortably in there with luggage.I'm considering going if I get the funds and cosplays done by then.IF I do go,I'll be bringing the costumes in my sig.

*Is working on Emil from TOS 2 *
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
Well,it's all in here.

It seems they really learned their lesson this year,besides it's a Houston con,so I am gonna support them.And they did pick a good location,but the dates they chose were a bit iffy to me.Have you seen the rooms,they look so spacious,7 people can sleep comfortably in there with luggage.I'm considering going if I get the funds and cosplays done by then.IF I do go,I'll be bringing the costumes in my sig.

*Is working on Emil from TOS 2 *
Well, my school filter won't let me take the link, but I'll check it out when I get home.

Yep, I've been in the hotel/center before, and it's all gorgeous! I hope to see you there. Oh, if only that Guy was from Abyss. lol. Nah, Fire Emblem is cool. ^.^

Emil? Sweet! I love his costume! ^.^ How's the construction going so far?
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
FE Freak

Quote:
Well, my school filter won't let me take the link, but I'll check it out when I get home.

Yep, I've been in the hotel/center before, and it's all gorgeous! I hope to see you there. Oh, if only that Guy was from Abyss. lol. Nah, Fire Emblem is cool. ^.^

Emil? Sweet! I love his costume! ^.^ How's the construction going so far?
Well,I havent exactly started on it,but I have some foamboard.Right now I'm just looking to see if I can alter one of my patterns for his top thing.Probably I'd have him done by Oni-con depending.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
eri x core

I'm going and staying at the hotel as well.
I haven't decided my list yet.
I have my list in my siggy but it changes alot.
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eri x core View Post
I'm going and staying at the hotel as well.
I haven't decided my list yet.
I have my list in my siggy but it changes alot.
Ah, you're staying in the hotel! I have a question then. I've stayed in hotels for cons before, but a parent or other parental figure was always with my group. What is the minimum age for getting a room? Is it 18? I ask because my friends and I want to go alone this time around, and we have a number of 18 year olds that could get the rooms if possible.
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:46 AM   #9
Azrael-sama
王女

Where to begin?

I know that alot of you had problems with A.M. last year that the con tanked it's first year. But that's the thing it was this cons first year and most cons always fail its first year. Some people like it some don't.

I am friends with the A.M. staff and all I can say is they have learned their lesson from last year and have read and reviewed all of the attendees complaints. They have apologized for everything that happened at A.M. last year and are working their butts off this year to fix all of the problems.
Last year it was mostly lack of volunteers, disorganization, cost, lack of activities, location, etc. I can say that they have gotten their act together.
As of this weekend they are having a press conference for A.M. at Ikkicon if you are attending A.M. this year but you are worried because of last year please check out the website or check out the press conference if you are going to be at Ikkicon.

I would really like to see people return to this con and give it another chance.
I give the A.M. staff my full support and while I can't promise anything I have full faith in them that this con will be loads better than their first.

(If you are going please say so, but please don't talk about how horrible the first was and that's why your not returning.)

I didn't want to create another topic on this but I just wanted to know who is giving this con another chance and if so who are you cosplaying as?

Last edited by Azrael-sama : 02-08-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Azrael-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael-sama View Post
Where to begin?

Thanks for posting this. ^.^ I didn't go last year, so I had no idea about these problems, but it seems a lot of people did/do.

Would you like me to put this information (crediting you, of course) on the first post? I think it might help people out.
Unread 02-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
Azrael-sama
王女

Sure, if you would like to.
I just really want people to give this con another go, if they hate it the second time around then that's understandable, you can't please everyone. I just want to get the bad taste out of everyone's mouths by giving A.M. a second chance.

Btw! Awww I wish I had time I would so cosplay from the "Tales of.." series
Unread 02-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
FE Freak

I'm going and I'm all signed up to be a 24 hour volunteer.Ah,my first job.Tis gonna be fun.
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #13
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael-sama View Post
Sure, if you would like to.
I just really want people to give this con another go, if they hate it the second time around then that's understandable, you can't please everyone. I just want to get the bad taste out of everyone's mouths by giving A.M. a second chance.

Btw! Awww I wish I had time I would so cosplay from the "Tales of.." series
Are you going to Matsuri? Depending on whether Asch is finished in time, I may have extra Tales cosplay. ^.^ Specifically Luke and Arche. I'd be more than willing to lend, especially if you want to hang out with our group sometime. The more illusive Tales cosplayers we can find, the better!
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
I'm going and I'm all signed up to be a 24 hour volunteer.Ah,my first job.Tis gonna be fun.
Sweet! What are you working? I'll come find you and cause you trouble. Jk. XD
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
FE Freak

I'll be doing Break/Setup,doesn't sound like too bad of a job.I'm used to that anyways.XD And Emil has been wiped off my list,he's just not worth it.I'll support ToS from the other side of the screen.