Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2008, 02:36 AM   #31
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

The marketplace is open. Please feel free to post ads into it and let me know if you come across any bugs. The marketplace is the same 3rd party script we used before with a few updates.

The Commission For Hire sections will look a little better this weekend, but the functionality is there.

Here is a test/sample ad placement you can view:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...oduct/10/cat/1

You may post up to 6 images per item, up to 600 pixels wide/tall. The javascript changes the image, the supersize link shows the full image.

Comments are shown below the ad.

Last edited by Admin : 02-23-2008 at 02:53 AM.

Unread 02-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #32
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Well looks good so far. Going to place an ad to add to the number of things placed.

it is the same running system as an other anime/cosplay trading site that I used when the classifieds went down years ago.
(www.animetraders.com)
Seems almost exactly the same except for a few details.

Cant wait to see how things end up.

But over all glad that there is finally a marketplace where people can sell and make things for others in a more professional way. this makes business much more productive, professional, and reliable for the customers.
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #33
Mr.Chips
Supervillain Supreme

Quick question about the for sale sections. Would it be possible to make it so you can list several items in one post. For instance I myself have about 7 or so pieces of fabric that I would like to sell with different asking prices for each. Do I make a new ad for each piece of fabric or is multiple items in the near future and I should wait to post?
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:27 AM   #34
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I dunno if this counts as a bug, but I can't change the number of days the ad is listed for. I can understand that'd be unchangeable so that an ad didn't stay up forever, but couldn't the count stay from the day the ad was put up? I accidentally put up a couple of ads for only 15 days and meant for them to be up for 30.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #35
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
Quick question about the for sale sections. Would it be possible to make it so you can list several items in one post. For instance I myself have about 7 or so pieces of fabric that I would like to sell with different asking prices for each. Do I make a new ad for each piece of fabric or is multiple items in the near future and I should wait to post?
With the current setup, you have two options:
*Make a separate item for each and list the asking price
or
*Make one item called "Various fabric for sale" or something along those lines, with a Best Offer price, using the post to answer questions/update your sales as you see fit.

There are advantages to either way, so it's up to you. All I can say is that you are more than welcome to post one ad for each piece of fabric if you'd like to, but you would have to make a new post for each - unfortunately there is no way to multi-post ads from one page.
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:50 AM   #36
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

An example of feedback:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...ction=readfeed
Unread 02-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #37
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Also am unable to change if I want to be sent comment notifications or not.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Unread 02-23-2008, 04:17 AM   #38
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Michi: Thanks, I'll look into both issues. I think it's a default setting.
Unread 02-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #39
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

A tip for people who do commissions: If you want an email for every ad posted in the "wanted" section, subscribe to the Commissions Wanted category.
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/showcat.php?cat=19

Click on "Subscribe to Category" at the bottom-left of the list. Now each time someone adds a commission wanted ad, you will receive a notification via email.

Other Upcoming Features (once the script is tested):
*Newest ads lists will appear in certain areas of the site, including the front page
*A user's ads will appear in a section on their profile (user may toggle this on/off)

Last edited by Admin : 02-23-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #40
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Read through the rules but didn't really see the answer to my question. Saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
15) No links to auctions are allowed at this time.
But can I put a link to a non-auction store front with ready-made in a Commissioner for Hire ad? This would be things that I make myself, not re-sale as such but not strictly commissioned either.

The marketplace looks great! I'm booked until after Anime Boston, but will definitely place an ad once I'm open for commissions again.
Unread 02-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #41
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Ok, I admit to being a bit confused by the rules already. :/

Quote:
8) All items posted for sale must be used/pre-owned items. NO RESELLERS ALLOWED. Breaking this rule is the fastest way to get banned from the site completely.
These are the rules discussed previously, but you had also mentioned that no pre-made-for-the-purpose-of-selling items:
Quote:
Correct - no new/pre-made items are allowed - and this is a decision based on one very important thing. There are dozens of resellers who would start flooding the classifieds with hundreds of advertisements each, which defeats the purpose. I would literally have to bring someone in full-time just to watch the marketplace at that point, and that's useless when the marketplace is designed to be a 100% free place to advertise.

The only way around this is a blanket rule. Unfortunately it catches a few genuine people in the mix who just want to post a couple of pre-made items every month. But my point is that in a situation where anyone can post pre-made items, your items will fall down the list faster than a photo does on our photo page. And that's no good for anyone.

I'll probably eventually come up with a way around this, but the goal is to first get the marketplace running again.
The actual rules don't specifically mention items that you make expressly for selling, so has the original intention changed? It does say things must be used or pre-owned, but it clarifies this by saying "no resellers", so maybe people are interpreting Rule 8 slightly differently than you intended.

Because it looks like there's already a number of non-resale, but not commissioned (pre-made to sell) items up in the Marketplace.
Either this rule may require more policing, or else could have additional clarification about making items for sale?

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.

Last edited by KittyCanuck : 02-23-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Unread 02-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #42
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

i like it yet ^o^
yeah!

but euh was it not supose for people to sell pre-made 0_o

i saw some
or shes really have bought those so manyyyy hehe!

nya!
thansk
for the marketplace ^o^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #43
SakuraLee
Vocaloid Addict

is the Commisions: Wanted section for anything? (props, wigs or costume?)
Deviantart
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #44
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCanuck View Post
Ok, I admit to being a bit confused by the rules already. :/

These are the rules discussed previously, but you had also mentioned that no pre-made-for-the-purpose-of-selling items:

The actual rules don't specifically mention items that you make expressly for selling, so has the original intention changed? It does say things must be used or pre-owned, but it clarifies this by saying "no resellers", so maybe people are interpreting Rule 8 slightly differently than you intended.

Because it looks like there's already a number of non-resale, but not commissioned (pre-made to sell) items up in the Marketplace.
Either this rule may require more policing, or else could have additional clarification about making items for sale?
Yeah I think clarification is needed too. It's only a few ads breaking the intended rule right now but it'll soon be a hundred.
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #45
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Yeah I think clarification is needed too. It's only a few ads breaking the intended rule right now but it'll soon be a hundred.
Thank you!
I figured if there were some people misunderstanding the rule and posting pre-made items already after only 12 hours of the Marketplace being open, there'd be hundreds as soon as everyone knows that the Marketplace is back in operation.

Should we report that kind of thing? I wasn't sure, since it wasn't an option in the Report drop-down.

Don't get my wrong, anyone, I have nothing against cosplayers trying to make some honest money by making & selling cosplay items, but remember that the old Classifieds section was shut down due to massive abuse, and I for one would hate to get off on the wrong foot with the new Marketplace. I'm not trying to be a picky rule lawyer. :/
If you hand-make and sell cosplay items/props/etc, Etsy.com is a great site to sell your pre-made ones from. ^_^

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.