Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 728 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #631
Ashli-chan
ROW ROW! Fight the power~

Hopefully I'm asking this in the right spot, because I'm not sure where else it would be appropriate.

For the people out there who have recieved shabby costumes from commissioners, is there anyway to go about getting your money back, or is it gone forever? A friend said there's some kind of legal action you can take against them, but that would be a last resort.

It was also done through eBay (which I'm starting to think it was done on purpose now.)

Last edited by Ashli-chan : 02-29-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added a tidbit of info.
Ashli-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #632
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashli-chan View Post
Hopefully I'm asking this in the right spot, because I'm not sure where else it would be appropriate.

For the people out there who have recieved shabby costumes from commissioners, is there anyway to go about getting your money back, or is it gone forever? A friend said there's some kind of legal action you can take against them, but that would be a last resort.

It was also done through eBay (which I'm starting to think it was done on purpose now.)
How did you pay? If you paid through Paypal, you could always open a dispute to get your money back.
Have you tried talking to the commissioner as well?
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #633
Ashli-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeluTivursky View Post
How did you pay? If you paid through Paypal, you could always open a dispute to get your money back.
Have you tried talking to the commissioner as well?
I paid with a money order, which I still have the copy of. eBay says they can't do anything because the item was purchased over 60 days ago (I bought it around the end of November and just recieved the item this week). I've tried talking with the seller and all she's offered is to adjust the costume, because it ended up fitting so big that it falls off me. I provided several reference pictures and measurements and there's countless parts of the costume that are inaccurate, including the design and colors. There's even a part of the costume she forgot to ship, which I told her not to even bother with.
Unread 03-01-2008, 01:36 AM   #634
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Name of Commissioner: Cosplayying

Website/C.com gallery: ebay user name: cosplayying

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Inoue Orihime (Arrancar version) from Bleach - Full costume

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1402815/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered in early December, received it just after Christmas.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
I'd been eying the costume for some time and I finally decided to give in. They seemed to have the most accurate costume of all the makers on ebay and their fabric choice didn't look cheap in the pictures provided.

Pros: The outfit is gorgeous! The fabric is a nice, heavy fabric and it flows properly. I was spinning around in it during a recent shoot and it looked awesome. The zipper that keeps the front together is almost invisible, which I think is cool.

Cons: The tank top that goes underneath is a bit big under the arms, but I can live with that. I'll try pinning it or putting darts in it before I wear it again. It's also slightly inaccurate in that Orihime wears hakama (as do most of the Arrancar, if not all of them) but the pants provided were straight-legged. The sleeves are also straight when they should be pointed at the wrists, but those are minor quibbles. I certainly don't care overly much!

Final Grade: A! Will definitely do business with them again.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #635
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:

Where did the seller live? If they live outside your country, I am afraid there is little you can do in terms or sueing and legal action. Did you give them negative feedback? And who is this seller?
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #636
velvet_eden
Warumono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Updated! ^^ Since this situation may still be in progress, I went for the higher of the two options for overall grade. If there is any change in your review, do let me know so I can update the list accordingly!
updated my review ^^
+Lina Inverse (Progress 10%)
+ Mithra Warrior ffxi (Progress 10%)
velvet_eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #637
Ashli-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koisnake View Post
Where did the seller live? If they live outside your country, I am afraid there is little you can do in terms or sueing and legal action. Did you give them negative feedback? And who is this seller?
The seller lives in the United States, as do I. I would've left negative feedback, but the only reason I didn't was because I have a 100% rating right now, and I just knew she'd leave a negative feedback in return.
Their eBay ID is reveriebydesign
Unread 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #638
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
The seller lives in the United States, as do I. I would've left negative feedback, but the only reason I didn't was because I have a 100% rating right now, and I just knew she'd leave a negative feedback in return.

wow reveriebydesign? I bought a costume from her a long time ago, and it was exactly as pictured and described. Though it was a fairly simple costume so I guess you couldn't mess it up. It was a CardGirl outfit from Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland. I'm sorry to hear yours was so shabby. I guess it depends on the costume.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #639
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Leaving bad feedback in return is extremely childish and foolish on her part. This happen to me countless of times, and I hated it. Its always something like "WHY NEG. FEEDBACk??? UNFAIR" and such. Tell ebay all about this by reporting them. Since she lives in the U.S, you may have legal action against him/ her.
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #640
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #641
Ashli-chan

@AkaneSaotome: I actualy bought a costume from her a long time ago as well, which was a schoolgirl uniform, which is also a fairly simple costume. So I figured, I'd give her a whirl again for another commission. If anyone's familiar with Atoli from the .hack//GU games... it was obviously too much for her. Her costumes are great, just DON'T request anything remotely detailed from her is all I'm saying. ^_^

@Koisnake: At this point I can't even have her reported through eBay because the Buy It Now post was bought back near the end of November, and apparently you only have 60 (or 90 days, I just know it's been too long unfortunately because I've tried already) to report them after it ends.
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #642
sweet_magic
Wind User

Quote:
@AkaneSaotome: I actualy bought a costume from her a long time ago as well, which was a schoolgirl uniform, which is also a fairly simple costume. So I figured, I'd give her a whirl again for another commission. If anyone's familiar with Atoli from the .hack//GU games... it was obviously too much for her. Her costumes are great, just DON'T request anything remotely detailed from her is all I'm saying. ^_^

@Koisnake: At this point I can't even have her reported through eBay because the Buy It Now post was bought back near the end of November, and apparently you only have 60 (or 90 days, I just know it's been too long unfortunately because I've tried already) to report them after it ends.
I would be cautious ordering a costume from an ebay seller who does not have photos of ever making said costume before (especially a outfit like Atoli's). =/

I agree it is childish to leave negative feedback just to spite someone, however, I think by leaving the seller a bad review will show others that they are not a reliable commissioner and hopefully with all the negative attention on them they will either give you a refund or your costume.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm a big G.U. fan and plan on cosplaying as Atoli myself. Hopefully everything will work out for the best.
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #643
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Name of Commissioner: honestdragonchina
Website/C.com gallery: http://search.stores.ebay.com/honest...0526QQsof pZ0
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): China Han Tang Dynasty Drama Cosplay Costume PWS1
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: On site: http://cgi.ebay.com/China-Han-Tang-D...713.m153.l1262
Will have pictures of me in it after the modeling show on the 11th of this month.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 1 week if that
Describe your Experience:

Pros: I was amazed with the quickness of the whole thing. We were worried we were not going to have it in time, and here it is a week later.
She always replied quickly to emails, and alway answered any questions I had. The outfit is beautifully made for something mass produced, so I was very suprised at how good the quality is. It's one of the nices outfits I have ever received (well nothing could top Miyori's). The fabric's they used are wonderful and perfect. It looks just like the pictures pervided as well. I was also surprised at the fact how there was only one problem with the messurements.

Cons: On the skirt part it's was a little loose, so I had to move the clip over, but it was only half an inch if that, so I really can't say that's a con.

Comments: I am over all very pleased, and I am happy my first experiance with ebay and a chinese seller went so well. I will deffently commission her again.

Final Grade: A+

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #644
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
I agree it is childish to leave negative feedback just to spite someone, however, I think by leaving the seller a bad review will show others that they are not a reliable commissioner and hopefully with all the negative attention on them they will either give you a refund or your costume.
Oh no, you misinterepted me. I meant, the is childish for the seller to leave the buyer a negative feedback. I highly HIGHLY reccomend buyers to always leave negative feedback on bad sellers.

How much did you pay for the costume, Ashli-chan? Remember that it is a 'what you pay is what you get' situation.
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #645
Ashli-chan

I paid $115 dollars for it. I'm still talking in e-mails with her. Something is going to be done about this.
I'm really disappointed too because two of my other friends were going to the con as Ovan and Haseo. n_n