Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 193 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #646
4ng31
meh.

Alright guys...that's enough chatter. This isn't the place for it, so please stop.

Unread 03-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #647
Ashli-chan
ROW ROW! Fight the power~

Wow, that was rude. All I wanted was help, and no one pointed me in the direction of where I should be discussing this stuff. So chill out.

Anyway, the problem has actually been fixed. The seller has agreed to either redo it or replace it with another costume. So we'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: 4ng31, I think you're the Albel I hugged at Ohayocon this year. LOL. I apologize.

Last edited by Ashli-chan : 03-03-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Nya~
Ashli-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #648
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashli-chan View Post
Wow, that was rude. All I wanted was help, and no one pointed me in the direction of where I should be discussing this stuff. So chill out.
It wasn't rude, if you look at the first page it shows what the format for this thread is, excessive chatter that would best go in a separate thread just clogs up the thread and makes it difficult for anyone coming here for it's actual purpose to find what they need.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #649
Ashli-chan
ROW ROW! Fight the power~

I'm just saying I would not have kept posting here if someone told me a better place to go post, like you just did. ^_^; I meant no harm. Sorry. XP
Ashli-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #650
Frijoleluna
Well Rounded Geek

Review of Commisioner: AnnAnime

Name of Commissioner: AnnAnime
a.k.a. Virginia Lynch

Website/C.com gallery: http://animecostumes.awardspace.com/
Commissioner Email: anntetsusaiga@aol.com or RyuuShenrong@yahoo.com

Character commissioned and series/video game:

Armor (7 pieces) for a Hattori Hanzo (Samurai Showdown video game series) costume.

Cost: $300

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received anything

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

I ordered and paid in October 2007 with deadline of Christmas 2007. Email contact ended Dec. 23 2007. Order was never received.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

She said she was not that busy because she didn't have too many costumes to make. I thought since it was October that she would then have ample time to make the costume by the end of the year (it was supposed to be for Anime South '07). She writes me some fake sob note in Dec. saying that she couldn't get it done (though she really squandered the money I gave her on a Halloween party, which I know because she told me in an email). I was gracious and told her I would grant an extension until early Feb. 2008 at THE LATEST, at which time she would send the armor AND a partial refund. She agreed to this. In writing she agreed to this! I have the email to prove it. So I email her toward the end of Jan. 2008 asking about the status of my order. No response. So I email 2 more times spaced about a week or so apart. And she never emailed me back. I then realized she had no intention of making my costume or issuing a refund. I did not harass her. I was not pushy. She simply wanted to keep the money and hope that it would all go away I imagine. Well she is committing fraud. She has stolen from me. Buyer beware, do not order from AnnAnime a.ka. Virginia Lynch.

F-

Last edited by Frijoleluna : 03-28-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Frijoleluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #651
chaos_magician
Mummies Alive!

Frijoleluna: That's horrible! & I'm sorry for your situation.. This isn't the first time I've heard bad things about this commissioner I myself dealt with one by the name of chico *who like Annanime are still active on the forums but ignore you once payment is made*..It disgusts me to think that ppl like this exist but I assure you there are some pretty trustworthy commissioners here and if you ever need a recommendation I would be happy to oblige..

MY DEVIANTArt : http://kimimaro-21.deviantart.com/
chaos_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #652
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_magician View Post
I myself dealt with one by the name of chico *who like Annanime are still active on the forums but ignore you once payment is made*
Would you possibly be able to create a review describing your experience? ^_^ The more help there is to avoiding scammers, the greater the chance they will be avoided!

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #653
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Chico is one of the worse >=(
She was the first commissioner I ever delt with and it was for a Tifa outfit no less.
I would leave a review but it was two years ago and I can't remember the dates anymore. All I know is I fought to get my money back, and in the end I still got screwed. Got a check for the amount but I couldnt cash it because she didn't sign it.
Best bet is to keep after her.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #654
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashli-chan View Post
I'm just saying I would not have kept posting here if someone told me a better place to go post, like you just did. ^_^; I meant no harm. Sorry. XP
It's fine, and honestly, I didn't intend for it to be rude, just short and simple.

Although I would suggest you take the problem, and to all others for future reference, to this thread : http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74409

The discussion in that thread seems to be more of what you're looking for.
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #655
fear_nothing
Natsuhiboshi

Name of Commissioner: QQcosplay

Website/C.com gallery: www.qqcosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

Cost: $150

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...g/DSC00283.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
I recieved it in about two weeks, exactly on the time they told me I'd recieve it.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

Pros:
Buying was easy, and everything was as was pictured on the site. The cloak was made 100% to my size. I love it! Wig was of great quality, too.
Cons:
The pants were two sizes too big, so I ended up using my own. The shirt was a little stretched, too. Not too much to complain about.

Grade: A-
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #656
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 03-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #657
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!

Name of Commissioner: Katie Bair
Website/C.com gallery: pettingzoowigs.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: "Party wig" Tsumibito. Original character.
Cost: I can't remember exactly. It was $80+ though.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.katiebair.com/images/tsumibito_snapshots.jpg
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1473848/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1473849/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): First ordered June 2007. Was scheduled for October 2007. Arrived April 2008.
Describe your Experience:

Pros: Well the initial quote and payment went pretty well. And when my mom inquired about the status in late October, she did send a very polite reply explaining that my wig wasn't quite done yet. And when I contacted her again, she was very VERY nice.

Cons: Wig was late.

Comments: My mom first ordered this wig for me in June for my birthday, which is also in June. I wanted it first of all for my original character, second of all because a wig from Katie Bair is just a really cool thing to have. I was going to wear it for Ikkicon in February, but I set the scheduled need by date for October, thinking that way maybe I could wear it for Halloween as well and if she was a little late, I could still wear it to Ikkicon and be happy.
Around late October, there was still no sign of the wig, so my mom, being the worry wart that she is, sent Katie two emails. The first was apparently eaten by her spam filter. The second, she replied to, apologizing and explaining that the wig was about half way done, it just didn't have the dreads attached. She offered to send it out without the dreads, but my main objective being wearing it to Ikkicon, I told my mom to tell her to send it out when she was completely done.
Ikkicon was missed and and at the end of March I pm'd Katie through her forum. She responded very quickly, telling me my wig was very nearly done. The next day she said it was finished and sent me pictures of it. It was sent out the following Wednesday and arrived here five days later.
Well, I finally got my wig (it is now April), and despite being about... six months late it is a BEAUTIFUL wig and very good quality... hence the B.

Final Grade: B

Last edited by Ghost613 : 04-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #658
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #659
ekk_amanda_
loves rpattzzz

I dont know if this is the right place for this but has anyone ever shopped at Sakura wigs?
Someone told me it was good but I dont see it up on the list.
Is it good?

Thanks
and i'm sorry again if this isnt the correct place to ask this.
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #660
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekk_amanda_ View Post
I dont know if this is the right place for this but has anyone ever shopped at Sakura wigs?
Someone told me it was good but I dont see it up on the list.
Is it good?

Thanks
and i'm sorry again if this isnt the correct place to ask this.
It's about 10 pages back...

http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=525