Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1437 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #661
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

-changed-

I got the company name mixed up XD

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #662
ly*chee
ミア

**Updated**

Name of Commissioner C-chan/Cindy

Website/C.com gallery http://www.cosplay.com/member/15196/
Character commissioned and series/video game Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-Man Uniform 1

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rinaleewip.jpg
The WIP picture.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/120513/
Pictures of it in action.

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Contact started around December 11, 2007. My deadline was scheduled before the end of February 2008. Received March 14, 2008!

Pros The price was very reasonable, and definitely not over-priced. She let me pay in 2 parts. The first part up-front, and the second part at the end. Very understanding and friendly, and gave me updates when she could. After my original deadline passed she told me recently what had happened and offered to deliver the costume to my house ^^

Cons Just a bit slow on responding, but she did get the costume to me the day before a con

Comments. Excellent quality, and exactly what I was hoping for. Would commission her again however make sure you leave enough time between your deadline and the con you'll be wearing it to in case of some unexpected things.

Final Grade: A-

**Sorry if there was any misunderstanding from this**

Last edited by ly*chee : 03-15-2008 at 11:10 PM.
ly*chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #663
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
And everyone, just for future reference, I (and I'm sure many commissioners) would really appreciate until you are fully convinced a transaction is over before providing a review, positive or otherwise.
Alterations to the grade and post when new things arise is perfectly acceptable, of course, but if you're actually intending to update your post as things continue to occur, it might be best to wait until all is settled and you can provide a comprehensive, complete evaluation Helps with confusion, rumors and reputations.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #664
Kirakins

Name of Commissioner: Ghost613 // Ghost

Website/C.com gallery:C.com gallery
Website

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Roxas, Kingdom Hearts 2 Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Here
Here
and Here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): It was amazingly quick and very well-handled. She was the first person that gave me a quote (and the cheapest by FAR! I don't know how you stay in business, Ghostie ). I was shocked at how quick she was, lol. My wig took about 8-10 days after payment was recieved for her to order/style/post pics and then send out my wig.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros:
+ Very quick to reply to any questions, comments, or concerns you have.
+ Very accomodating to individual needs. For instance, she styled another Roxas wig before she styled mine (I thought it was mine at first, lol) and I thought it was too light for my personal tastes, so we talked, and she got me the perfect color wig.
+ VERY affordable! I realize this is because she is building her portfolio and just starting out, but I couldn't find any decent Roxas wigs for cheaper than $100. Ghost charged me half that. Very pleasing ^_^
+ Good photos of the finished product before shipping out. ^_^
+ Another example of how Ghost is willing to help with personal needs... I needed my wig before Sakuracon. It took me awhile to get my Financial Aid deposited (I'm a poor college kid! XD), which took me awhile to get my payment to her. Ghost still held a spot for me to be able to get my wig done and delivered to my house in time. Such a sweetie! She will also be styling my friends Sora wig, on somewhat short notice, so that we can have our cosplay ready to go at Sakuracon this year.

Basically, she rocks, guys and gals ^_^

Note
- I was a little worried when I first agreed to the commission because there weren't a whole lot of spiky-styled wigs in her gallery. Now her portfolio is growing bigger, so this isn't much of a concern. This is just a note to say that if you are one of those people that feels like you need to see examples of a wig styled in the fashion you want, before you will even commission from that person, then you may be a little nervous if you commission from Ghost ^_^.

Final Grade: A+, definitely! EXCELLENT commissioner to work with!!
Kirakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 03:24 AM   #665
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #666
Spamanella
That Sheep

Review

Commissioner: Lawrara (Clara Wong)

Commissioned:Ragnarok Online Sniper ($250 with shipping, $180 orig price) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1440013/

Pictures:http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1440006/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1440007/

Time:January 21, 2008 to March 14, 2008 (Including shipping time.)

Experience: This was my first commission besides buying a pre-made costume from ebay, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Here's the transaction history:

Jan21: Sent Lawrara request with picture.
Jan22: Clara(Lawrara Commissioner) replies. Gives price and asks for measurements.
Jan29: Reply with measurements and more reference and drawing of subject commission. (I draw decently, so I assume I didn't hinder her commissioning.)
Jan30: Clara replies saying she has gotten my email and has started. Asks for payment decision(paypal, money order,etc.) along with postage decision(ie fast mailing or slow mailing). I reply with the cheaper mailing way.
Jan31:Clara says she has sent invoice and makes sure my address is in the US. I reply yes.
Feb1: Clara replies saying she has gotten my payment and adds "Due to Snow storm in china, the factory has just stopped running. We will do your order as soon as the condition is getting stable." I reply with the request she email me as soon as they start on my costume. Sounded fishy, but benefit of the doubt.
Feb9: I got impatient Asked if weather cleared yet. She replies same day that it is and their government needs some time to reset road conditions.
Feb19: Seems like it's going no where with me paying and then a weather change. Sent a notice, a polite one (very polite), about no updates. I ask her if she is able to commission and if impossible, a refund and that's all. No fuss. I get no reply.
Feb24: I send another email saying my plans of a refund on Feb 26 since paypal only gives you about a month or so to make a report. I give her two days notice and the option of renewing the transaction if she wants to continue the commission.
Feb25: Clara replies that she has not been in HK in two weeks. She respects my wishes and says i can cancel if i want.
Feb26: I go with renewing transaction and ask if that's okay with her.
Feb27: Replies with excuses of absence from before and says okay to renewing.
Mar1: I ask for a bill to be sent to me again. She sends invoice.
Mar10: Clara says she has sent costume.
Mar14: I receive slip that USPS guy passed and costume is at post office. I pick up on 15th.

I'd say a decent experience. No fuss. Resolved problems quickly. I have to say, i'm not satisfied with the costume in precision to the reference picture but with the time she had and the fuss (i think) I made, it was pretty good.

Grade: 9/10 customer service. she was understanding. 7/10 for costume (picky about precision. price to me is high for precision.)
16/20 = Final grade B

PS: Selling this costume. Message me for details. Going to ebay on March 25.
Spamanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #667
ly*chee
ミア

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Updated!
And everyone, just for future reference, I (and I'm sure many commissioners) would really appreciate until you are fully convinced a transaction is over before providing a review, positive or otherwise.
Alterations to the grade and post when new things arise is perfectly acceptable, of course, but if you're actually intending to update your post as things continue to occur, it might be best to wait until all is settled and you can provide a comprehensive, complete evaluation Helps with confusion, rumors and reputations.
Ahh okay ^^ Since I saw some in progress reviews before so I wasn't sure but that helps alot now
And I've updated my final review! Thanks!

Last edited by ly*chee : 03-15-2008 at 08:48 PM.
ly*chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #668
yunaeonSummoner
KawaiiHimeChii

Name of Commissioner C-Chen
Website/C.com gallery/ www.cosbape.webs.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)

Chii from chobits her opening dress and her summer Yakuta
dont have pictures
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
dont have costume starting in late febuary
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros she is really nice and lots of commication in the beginning. Very skilled. i ask her if i can pay her 50 dollors a week even after i got the costume she said yes and i starting the paymeants made 2 out of the 4 paymeants so far

cons havent recievied any WIPS like she said i would. refusing to email me and or meet me on icq and the deadline is thursday the 20th and i still have no update on the costume. the last update i got was she got the chii ears and spools thats it. i sent her numerous pms and emails still igoring me and i refused to send her paymeants until the costume is at my door i dont trust her as much anymore
Final Grade: C

SORRY C-Chen i been screwed in the past by annanime so im not taking any chances. the grade will raise when i get any updates on the costume

Last edited by yunaeonSummoner : 03-15-2008 at 10:34 PM.
yunaeonSummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #669
C-chan
C-chanīs Cosplay

@yunaeonSummoner

You came to me with a last minute commission and I agreed to it but I could never promise you that I can make it on time because I was already fully booked.

I helped you in my free time to find shoes, a plushy and UNDERWEAR. I even took the time to figure out the sizes for you.

Then I ordered Chobits ears, spools and a wig for you! All on my name and under my effort. Not to mention that you were getting a free wig styling.

I told you many times that I'll get back to you as soon as there are news but you're bombarding me with mails and messages up to 8x a day just to ask me if I could help you with this and that.

The amount you sent me doesn't even cover 50% of the whole commission so I paid for some stuff out of my own pocket.

I think you have no reason to complain at that point! So far you owe me money for all the things I already spent and did for you!

I can't be online 24/7 and I can't help you with everything. I have a life and other costumes that had to be done before yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunaeonSummoner View Post
Name of Commissioner C-Chen
Website/C.com gallery/ www.cosbape.webs.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)

Chii from chobits her opening dress and her summer Yakuta
dont have pictures
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros she is really nice and lots of commication in the beginning. Very skilled. i ask her if i can pay her 50 dollors a week even after i got the costume she said yes and i starting the paymeants made 2 out of the 4 paymeants so far

cons havent recievied any WIPS like she said i would. refusing to email me and or meet me on icq and the deadline is thursday the 20th and i still have no update on the costume. the last update i got was she got the chii ears and spools thats it. i sent her numerous pms and emails still igoring me and i refused to send her paymeants until the costume is at my door i dont trust her as much anymore
Final Grade: D-/F

SORRY C-Chen i been screwed in the past by annanime so im not taking any chances. the grade will raise if i get the costume on time or any updates on the costume

Last edited by C-chan : 03-15-2008 at 11:07 PM.
C-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #670
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-chan View Post
@yunaeonSummoner

You came to me with a last minute commission and I agreed to it but I could never promise you that I can make it on time because I was already fully booked.

I helped you in my free time to find shoes, a plushy and UNDERWEAR. I even took the time to figure out the sizes for you.

Then I ordered Chobits ears, spools and a wig for you! All on my name and under my effort. Not to mention that you were a getting a free wig styling.

I told you many times that I'll get back to you as soon as there are news but you're bombarding me with mails and messages up to 8x a day just to tell me if I could help you with this and that.

You didn't send 50% of the down payment yet so I spent some stuff out of my pocket that you haven't even paid for yet!

I think you have no reason to complain at that point! So far you owe me money for all the things I already spent and did for you!

I can't be online 24/7 and I can't help you with everything. I have a life and other costumes that had to be done before yours.
Sorry to but in, but I have to agree with C-Chan. Like Kanira stated, don't post reviews until they are completed, for atleast your deadline was like.. 2 months past. Be patient.

I recommend you two carry this matter over email.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #671
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Double agreeing with C-chan and Koisnake.
I've updated the list thus far (including the altered review ) But not including yunaeonSummoner.
With an unfinished, unhelpful review of that sort listed, someone who visits it might not scroll further to get full understanding of the situation--if they look at all, instead of seeing an undeserved C rating and simply moving on.
Please either update, or a list a new review once this exchange has finally reached a conclusion, yunaeonSummoner Considering the AnnAnime fiasco your concern is understandable, but a positive review should not be a blackmail device, nor a hostage.
Unread 03-16-2008, 03:45 AM   #672
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Updated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunaeonSummoner View Post
First off, read the above post.

Secondly, this is ridiculous. What is wrong with you? Complaining about a commission that was started roughly 16 days ago? You're lucky anyone was willing/nice enough to even attempt this for you.
Unread 03-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #673
Anstice
Mostly Harmless

Name of Commissioner: Garnet Studios/Brenda Flanagan.
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.garnetstudios.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game Queen Selenity Wig, Sailormoon

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: See attachment

Timeline: Contated January 12, 2008, sent payment on the 18th, recieved the wig March 13th --considering this was a Sailormoon wig, I thought the wig was styled super fast.
Cons: None whatsoever
Pros: Very friendly and the communication was both fast and consistent. She kept me up-to-date with what was going on with the styling process and even asked how I would like minor details on the wig to look. Once I received the wig, it was in immaculate condition and was highly impressed with how everything turned out! She also included a brand new box of bobby pins, a letter detailing on how to keep the wig on my head. To my surprise, she included a hand written note along with white mascara and liquid eyeliner incase any stray hairs fell out from under the wig cap she also sent me. Overall, I had a wonderful experience working with her and would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a wig commission!

Final Grade: A+ to the highest degree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0001.JPG (82.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0002.JPG (72.7 KB, 0 views)
Anstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:12 AM   #674
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #675
BrattyandProud
Rawr

Name of Commissioner: Dream Angels
Website/C.com gallery: http://dream-angels.net/
Character commissioned: Rinoa's Ballroom Dress (Final Fantasy 8)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Haven't taken pictures yet, the con is this weekend
Timeline and Shipping: Well, I contacted her in mid January. We sent emails back and forth for a week or two. I was basically asking a bunch of questions to make sure the dress was perfect, and details about sizing and such. I asked her if she could get the dress here by early March. She said that that would be possible. I then got the dress in early march like I was suppose to. ^___^
Communication: Very Excellent Seller. She kept good communication the whole time and allowed me to ask any questions I needed to. She was very polite. I always knew what was going on with my dress whenever I needed to, and any and every question I had was answered within 24-48 hours.
Product: The dress I got was the perfect size. It fit me nicely. It's very pretty and just what I expected. It's actually better and of a stronger material than I thought it would be. It's simple, pretty, and perfect. I love it.
Final Grade: A
BrattyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote