Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1013 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #676
spike99

Talking

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1
Website/C.com gallery: cosplay1.com / http://cosplay1.com/gallery.php?category=costume
Character commissioned and series/video game: 1. Soi Fong - Bleach - Both outfits (captain outfit & combat outfit) & Suzumebachi weapon prop
2. Howling Star - Dragonauts - complete outfit
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Soi Fong: http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=116 & http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=115 & http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=114
Howling Star: http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=113 & http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=109
Would've have pics of me & my friend wearing them, but the con is next week & right now aint got time for taking pics
Timeline: It was kinda like a last minute order (we tried other places and finally came across this site). From start to finish it was about 2 months for all 3 outfits (2 for Soi Fong 1 for Howling Star). We were cutting it really close to the con date, but the costumes were delivered as promised 1 week before.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Overall it was way better than other sites due to the fact that the price and quality were way better. While other sites wanted $300+ for the Soi Fong outfits & almost $300 for the Howling Star one, on this site they only costed $230 & $190 respectively (add $50 for Howling Star because it was a much later request & I was told it could not be done on time, but paid extra so it could). Even though at first she said that the weapon prop and arm bands for Soi Fong were not included, she actually did them (those arm bands were the ONLY ONES that fitted my friend after buying 2 set from different places online that did not fittted her). Communication was descent and she actually acted upon the feedback that I gave her after seeing some progress shots (and did a great job).
Final Grade: A-
spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #677
NekoMimiChan
*Bri*

Name of Commissioner: Rui / T.Narcheska
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m38620/
Character commissioned: Rakka from Haibane Remei, Ayame from Tenchu, Dr. Girlfriend from The Venture Bros.

Timeline: a little over 1 month
Cons: For Rakka the white fabric is a little see-through, but its nothing major. I also asked for two slits for the wings and only got one large opening, but I think it will actually work better this way, just a little inaccurate. However for Ayame, the pants don't fit the way that they should (on the hips), the top is a little too large, and I don't particularly like the fabric choice for the "chainmail" on the front, but it's nothing I can't fix. The Dr. Girlfriend one came out the best: no cons.
Pros: The construction is wonderful, everthing is serged and its just like the reference. This is my second time commissioning from her and she's always so friendly and quick with communication. I highly recommend her to anyone. She included all the lovely accessories, which I wasn't expecting. She works extremely fast and sends lots of progress shots. Shipping was pretty expensive though, but it was from Singapore (and also very quick) so I understand. Everything was packaged very nicely.

Final grade: A-

Future Costumes
Carmilla - Vampire Hunter D
Haydee - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Barioth Blademaster - Monster Hunter
Lulu- FFX
Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

For Prop Commissions visit my store, DistinctiveProps, on etsy.
NekoMimiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #678
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Wow, three in a row without pictures ^^ Enjoy your conventions guys! And it would be wonderous if you could remember to update your reviews once you have photographic evidence in hand <3
Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #679
SakuraLee
Vocaloid Addict

Name of Commissioner:
phantomthief
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m18174/
Character commissioned: Vocaloid 2- Miku Hatsune, Kagamine Len and Kagamine Rin temporary tattoos. And also purchased but not specifically commissioned): 2x Heartless logo, 1x Papou Fruit, 1x Moogle temporary tattoos.
Links to pictures of your commissioned items: (My camera sucks, sorry. ^^; [All Tattoos] [Specifically Commissioned only]
Timeline: approximately 1 week + 2 weeks shipping time.

Pros:
All the tattoos arrived in excellent condition, high quality and with instructions and tips for applying and removal. All of them were as I expected, and perfect for my future vocaloid cosplay. Was quick to resend a new set of tattoos when I said that I hadn't recieved the first set. Good communication too. ^^
Cons: None, the reason I didn't recieve the first set was only because of it being lost in the post.

Comments: Would happily and readily go to again for any more temporary tattoos I need!

Final grade: A+
Deviantart

Last edited by SakuraLee : 03-20-2008 at 04:25 PM.
SakuraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 02:37 AM   #680
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #681
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

I apologise ahead of time if this is the wrong place, but I wanna know ahead of time before I buy. there's a person here named sangniz. I saw she has only one post, but when I emailed her the price she gave for what I wanted was great, but I don't know if anyone else has bought from her, I want to know if she does good work before I purchase from her ^^; arigatou
Aizenism :3?
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #682
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurai_Atsushi View Post
I apologise ahead of time if this is the wrong place, but I wanna know ahead of time before I buy. there's a person here named sangniz. I saw she has only one post, but when I emailed her the price she gave for what I wanted was great, but I don't know if anyone else has bought from her, I want to know if she does good work before I purchase from her ^^; arigatou
Oh my gooood.

Kanira, can you please add something to the first post about like...what can't be asked here? D:
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #683
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Oh my gooood.

Kanira, can you please add something to the first post about like...what can't be asked here? D:
It doesn't matter, the people who'd post inappropriate things probably don't read the actual thread at all, just glance at it, or just read the title. ><

Still though, it might be a good idea anyways...but I'd try bolding it at the top of the first post in a bright color, maybe it'll actually stand a chance of being read that way.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #684
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
It doesn't matter, the people who'd post inappropriate things probably don't read the actual thread at all, just glance at it, or just read the title. ><

Still though, it might be a good idea anyways...but I'd try bolding it at the top of the first post in a bright color, maybe it'll actually stand a chance of being read that way.
Exactly, and if it's stated very clearly and in bold, we can just...totally ignore them when they ask or something. D:
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #685
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Exactly, and if it's stated very clearly and in bold, we can just...totally ignore them when they ask or something. D:
Sounds like a plan.

Anyways, to Sakurai_Atsushi,

A better place to ask your question would be the "who NOT to go to for a commission" thread in the General Cosplay Help forum, it's stickied at the top of the board.

However, if the user in question only has one post, I sincerely doubt anyone here has delt with them, and unless they have a website and/or some past work pictures and past customer references, I personally would stay the hell away from them honestly.

Last edited by Bahzi : 03-21-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #686
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Agree with FatalInjection and Animeisha.

Sakurai_Atsushi, this is a review thread =) Only reviews are posted here, and reviews only. Why not post your question in the general cosplay thread?
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #687
KittyLee

Unhappy

Name of Commissioner: Moon Costumes
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.mooncostumes.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: 2 full outfits. Vampire Knights - Zero and Yuki.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None
Time line: March 2007 - February 2008
Describe your Experience: A friend and I ordered our outfits together and borrowed her moms credit card to pay for them. At first everything went well, they replied to emails etc. However we never got the costumes and when we emailed them to inquire they replied that the outfits had been shipped out to somewhere in L.A (We live in Canada) and signed for. They continued to email us for a short period of time insisting that the outfits had been sent. We still received nothing. Finally after about 2 months they admitted that there may have been a slight problem and were looking into it. We emailed them back saying it was fine but to please either ship us the outfits or give us a refund. They did not reply again. Me and my friend emailed them numerous more times and called many times as well to only receive an answering machine. The good news is that we finally DID receive a partial refund about a year later.
Pros: We did receive a partial refund.
Cons: We did not hear from them for an extended period of time and felt as though they thought we would eventually give up if they didn't reply (which we didn't!)
Comments: I personally feel that moon costumes COULD be reliable despite what happened to us. My other friend did order an outfit from them as well and hers came in good time and was decently made even though they shipped her wrong size. My experience may just have been unlucky but I still feel that they should not have ignored us for such an extended period of time. Therefore I'm giving them a final grade of...
Final Grade: D+
KittyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #688
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Oh my gooood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
Done and done Not trying to inhibit ALL conversation, but seriously. 'this person has no rating what do you know about them kthx' shouldn't be an issue, here D:

Also, updated!
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #689
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Done and done Not trying to inhibit ALL conversation, but seriously. 'this person has no rating what do you know about them kthx' shouldn't be an issue, here D:

Also, updated!
Thank you, you worded it great <3
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #690
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine

Commissioner: SakuraLee
C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m73703/
Character commissioned: Dejiko paws (hands and feet) from Di Gi Charat
Pictures: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...n/IMGP1295.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...n/IMGP1297.jpg
Timeline: A little over two weeks from the day I paid her.
Describe: SakuraLee is one of those wonderfully dedicated commissioners willing to go the extra mile for her client’s happiness. This young lady contacted me the day I posted my ad in the Marketplace and, right from the start, communication was great. Despite the gaping time difference, SakuraLee answered all my emails within a day. This kind commissioner sent me many progress shots throughout our transaction; even when her camera broke, she was sure to inform me of her progress. SakaraLee was conscious of my deadline and had both the items completed and shipped with a week to spare. SakuraLee is quick working and efficient. Her progress shots always surprised me: the craftsmanship and attention to detail was remarkable for the price I paid and the time it took her to finish the project. This woman has some serious talent! SakuraLee worked with all my suggestions and never complained of being over-worked, over-booked, or stressed-out. Even when I was sick, she showed me nothing but kindness and offered her sincerest well wishes. SakuraLee is a very talented commissioner and an all-around sweetie~I know I will be buying from her again and again!
Grade: A+

Last edited by BiZ : 05-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote