Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 687 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #691
Vasyenka
Optimistic Antagonist~

Name of Commissioner: QQ Cosplay

Character commissioned and series: Fai from Tsubasa, full set~

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: [x][x][x][x][x]

Timeline: Payment finalized 2/26, received cosplay outfit 3/17.

Describe your Experience: I'll admit it. The only reason why I chose this cosplay is because I fell in love with the way it looked on their site. I did some research, and I found that 3/4 of their reviews were positive, the remaining 1/4 were regarding incorrect colors, sizes, etc. The usual from Chinese sellers. None the less, I decided to take my chances and order this outfit.

First, I sent them an e-mail asking if it would be possible to get a fabric and color change with this outfit. I received my reply in ten minutes. Yes, ten minutes. I inquired a few more questions after, all in which I received replies by the next time I checked my e-mail. Once I had confidence, I ordered the outfit, complete with the fabric and color changes, along with my size.

What I received actually went beyond my expectations. I expected either the color to be a little off, or the fabric I requested to be changed not that much of a difference. Nope. The color was exactly as I provided, and the fabric change was just what I wanted. Amazingly, everything fit. o_O I even held up the pants, and my first thought was, "Oh man, these are going to be -way- too small." Lo and behold, I was wrong. Even the pants were the right size, length and everything (I'm a shorty).

The only thing I had to change was the back of the fur on the coat was showing. Nothing a quick five minute stitch couldn't fit. For one of those Chinese sellers, these guys (again) went beyond what I'd hope for. Excellent communication, sizing was just right, and all the adjustments I wanted were made.

Final Grade: A+
Ratonhnhakť:ton (Assassin's Creed III)
Miyu (Kyuuketsuhime Miyu)
Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
Carlos the Scientist (Welcome to Night Vale)
Vasyenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2008, 01:21 AM   #692
RottenOnion
-roto-cop-

Name of Commissioner: Hemuloki-sama ( ACParadise)/ Loki-sama (Cosplay.com)
Website/C.com gallery:American Cosplay Paradise
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Trowa Barton/Mobile Suit Gundam Wing/WIG
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: NONE. ITEM NEVER RECIEVED.
Timeline December 2004 - August 2005. All through PM on American Cosplay Paradise and Livejournal.
Describe your Experience.

Pros: NONE
Cons: Wig was never received. I was informed on several occasions that the wig was going to be shipped "the next day" but it never happened. Then, after almost a whole year of hounding her, she fell off the map.
Comments: I could go on for hours. I was scammed. Which is depressing, especially how young and naive I was.
Grade: F

PS: If i am wrong to post this, please inform me and it will be deleted.

'She upset Billy simply by being his mother. She made him feel embarrassed and ungrateful and weak because she had gone to so much trouble to give him life, and to keep that life going, and Billy didn't really like life at all.'
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
RottenOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 02:36 AM   #693
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No worries RottenOnion, unfortunately, I think that's the most closure you're ever going to get I hope you have more successful transactions in the future!

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #694
Utai Mitsumo
Light to the Dark :: Krad

Name of Commissioner: Cosfurs
Website/C.com gallery:
Koisnake: http://www.cosplay.com/member/37197
Roleplaywulf: http://www.cosplay.com/member/37196
Official site: http://www.freewebs.com/cosfurs/index.html
Character commissioned and series/video game: Suicune from Pokemon
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1452149/
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eandcuddly.jpg
Timeline: Late October 2007 - March 2008
Describe your Experience: These girls know what theyíre doing! I was so excited to finally get a pokemon cosplay done, and they were more than happy to do it. Since Iíve never really done a cosplay like this (and they were still learning themselves padding wise), we worked together with sketches and red-line attempts on progress pictures to get the actual figure of the legs and head. These girls have experience making just straight fursuits (no padding), so they were more than happy to accept help with concept sketches. I had a blast working with them, and Iím going to continue working with them X3
Pros: Great communication, fun progress pics, updates even without pics
Cons: Slight communication error, but that problem was fixed
Comments: Keep up the great work girls! Heís so warm and soft! If anyone is looking for something along these lines, by all means, these girls are for you!
Final Grade: A+!

Anime Weekend Atlanta '12:
Seth Nightlord (Trinity Blood), Elevator Guy (Gangnam Style)

Last edited by Utai Mitsumo : 03-24-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Utai Mitsumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #695
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

>>! I'm gonna try to do mine finally ^^
Name of Commissioner:Cosplaymagic
Official site: www.cosplaymagic.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Itachi Uchiha from Naruto; Orochimaru wig
I just added it to my gallery finally~
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1452306/
Describe your Experience: Well, I guess I probably wouldn't have ordered a costume if I hadn't heard about the convention I went to. [Sogen Con 2007] I heard about it a month before hand, so I quickly looked for a fairly priced place to by a costume, and since I didn't really know who to go as, and didn't feel I had too much time to be picky, I chose the Deluxe Itachi Uchiha one, the 113$ one, not the cheaper one or the manga version. I ordered the Orochimaru wig, instead of the Itachi wig. I did this on purpose, because the Itachi wig didn't seem accurate enough to me, plus, the Orochimaru wig, was slightly cheaper, I don't know why.
Pros: My mom kept up the communication, but it, and the wig arrived in great condition, costume arrived in a bag, it was folded, but unfolded easily with no wrinkles, and the accessories it came with were well detailed (ring, necklace, bonus chibi-decorated Itachi bag, and box to hold the ring) so I had it in time for the convention. the whole costume fit well, and was extremely comfortable, and unzipped easily, when it got too warm.
Cons: the necklace broke in an odd way, and while I haven't had the opportunity to fix it yet, due to lack of appropriate tools, and moving situation, it's easily fixable. I'm not 100% confident about my measurements, so I ordered a 2x. the costume fit mostly well, except the pants. the pants slide a bit and tend to gather slightly at the ankles. the shoes it came with are in a men's size, but that's to be expected. I already had a pair of Ninja sandals in my size, so this was no problem.
Comments: I ordered from them again recently ><! meant to put that here, but for some reason, I think I totally missed this spot. I'm still not sure how this goes, so I think I should just make a second one for the other costume, since there was uhm...a long time between the orders...-bad with math and stuff-
Final Grade: A-.
Edit: My bad, did I mess it up again, or is it just me -checks over it again-
Aizenism :3?

Last edited by Sakurai_Atsushi : 03-24-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: checking over things-
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #696
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurai_Atsushi View Post
>>! I'm gonna try to do mine finally ^^
Name of Commissioner:Cosplaymagic
Official site: www.cosplaymagic.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Itachi Uchiha from Naruto; Orochimaru wig
I just added it to my gallery finally~
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1452306/
Describe your Experience: Well, I guess I probably wouldn't have ordered a costume if I hadn't heard about the convention I went to. [Sogen Con 2007] I heard about it a month before hand, so I quickly looked for a fairly priced place to by a costume, and since I didn't really know who to go as, and didn't feel I had too much time to be picky, I chose the Deluxe Itachi Uchiha one, the 113$ one, not the cheaper one or the manga version. I ordered the Orochimaru wig, instead of the Itachi wig. I did this on purpose, because the Itachi wig didn't seem accurate enough to me, plus, the Orochimaru wig, was slightly cheaper, I don't know why.
Pros: My mom kept up the communication, but it, and the wig arrived in great condition, costume arrived in a bag, it was folded, but unfolded easily with no wrinkles, and the accessories it came with were well detailed (ring, necklace, bonus chibi-decorated Itachi bag, and box to hold the ring) so I had it in time for the convention. the whole costume fit well, and was extremely comfortable, and unzipped easily, when it got too warm.
Cons: the necklace broke in an odd way, and while I haven't had the opportunity to fix it yet, due to lack of appropriate tools, and moving situation, it's easily fixable. I'm not 100% confident about my measurements, so I ordered a 2x. the costume fit mostly well, except the pants. the pants slide a bit and tend to gather slightly at the ankles. the shoes it came with are in a men's size, but that's to be expected. I already had a pair of Ninja sandals in my size, so this was no problem.
Comments: Keep up the great work girls! Heís so warm and soft! If anyone is looking for something along these lines, by all means, these girls are for you!
Final Grade: A-.
Whoah, as I read this, I was like "Cuddly?", which meant you copied the format from Utai xD; You may want to change that.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #697
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

ehh, well, I'll just go ahead, and make my other review ^^
Commissioner: Cosplaymagic
Character/Series: Urahara Kisuke from Bleach
Pictures: Well, I don't have a decent enough camera to get a good picture yet. I'll edit again and post one when I do. I also need to get the wig too ^^.

Experience: Well, since my family is relatively poor, I only make it to one con per year [Sogen Con, this will be my second year] I decided to prepare for it early, to avoid last years time crunch. and since I had such a good experience last time, I went through them again. They have free shipping, which is the big bonus. so, I had been watching Bleach, and thought Kisuke was a pretty neat character, however, me, being the slow-to-learn type that I am, still hadn't gotten my measurements, and went with yet another 2x, instead of asking someone to help get my measurements to get the best possible fit.

Pros: Again, my mom was in charge of communications, but I didn't ask her to read me the emails they sent or anything. the package arrived in around 10-12 days, and was just as I hoped it would be, and was great in detail.

Cons: I dunno if it's the hat, or my head, but the hat doesn't fit as snugly as I imagined it would, the green top fits well, but the sleeves are maybe 2 - 2.5" too long, and the pants fit a little poorly, but not noticeably so, but if i remember right, in the show, doesn't his shins show partially, or is it just me? well, mine wear like normal pants, instead of showing the shins a bit more.

Comments: I'm still happy with my costume, not in the "I'll just settle for what I got" way, but in the "I'm genuinely very happy with the way it came out" way. the few minor flaws that happened are due to my own ehh, to be blunt, my own stupidity, and i'd reccommend [and have] these people to anyone. The only things I need, that I didn't see on there site were the fan and geta. This was a little disappointing, but expected.

Edit: Forgot Final Grade, Sorry ^^;

Final Grade: A- again , was thinking a B+, but then realized, to grade them lower based on miscalulations in size, based on my own misjudgements in unfair, so they get an A-~! Yay!
Aizenism :3?

Last edited by Sakurai_Atsushi : 03-27-2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: making corrections.
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #698
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated to your previous rating, Sakurai, but your second one seems to be missing its final grade ^^;
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #699
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Name of Commissioner: Beckie / becosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.becosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Cheagle hat from Tales of the Abyss

PICTURE
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/...1m_ca28f35.jpg

Timeline: No deadline given.

Pros: Adorable and well-made! Very good pricing! LOVE IT! Even if I looks like a complete dork in it. Ahaha~
Cons: None!

Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #700
BeckiebooTwo
Watashi wa amai ame desu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
Name of Commissioner: Beckie / becosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.becosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Cheagle hat from Tales of the Abyss

PICTURE
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/...1m_ca28f35.jpg

Timeline: No deadline given.

Pros: Adorable and well-made! Very good pricing! LOVE IT! Even if I looks like a complete dork in it. Ahaha~
Cons: None!

lmao...thanks! xD
Temari (second outfit) -Naruto (worn at ACen '06, '07)
Rose (Dress from ep 49) -Full Metal Alchemist (worn at ACen '07)
Planned/In Progress
Fuuka -Persona 3: 5%
Kitsurubami -FLCL: 50%
Polka -Eternal Sonata 5%

All for people using as much English as possible when in the forums!!! Please join me, won't you?
Love Harry Potter?
BeckiebooTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:34 AM   #701
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #702
KittyLee

Name of Commissioner: cosplaywig
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.ca/cosplaywig/
Character commissioned: Sakura Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1237866/ (it's a blurry photo)
Time line: About three weeks from the time ordered to when I received it.
Pros: They replied to my messages very quickly and always answered my questions.
Cons: The bangs I found are a little too long on most of their wigs. I have ordered two other wigs from them before and I found the bangs too long on both, however I guess this could be seen as a good thing if people want to style their own bangs... however for those who have no experience cutting wigs/hair this may prove to be a tad annoying.
Comments: The wig itself is very soft and is much thicker than some of the other wigs I have ordered off eBay and I really appreciate that. Would I order from them again? Definitely.
Final Grade: A+
KittyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #703
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated \o/
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #704
hoshi-p
歌姫

Thumbs down

Name of Commissioner: jewelry_oil_art (on Ebay)
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryoilart
Character commissioned: Three wigs were bought (one x-long black wig with bangs, one blonde/brown long curly wig with bangs, and one straight copper wig with bangs)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (other photos coming soon)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...hotos/wigs.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tos/badwig.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): January 30 - present
Describe your Experience: Pros and cons are after the detailed account if you wish to skip the whole story.

The transaction started positively. Because I bought three wigs at once (all were But It Now listings), the seller gave me a discount of $40 off of the shipping (though the "shipping" still ended up costing me at least twice what it should have, but that's how Chinese sellers work). Because of Chinese New Year, my order wasn't shipped until February 27th, but I had to send the seller a reminder email before they sent it out. They also claimed that the package was returned and that they needed my address again in order to resend the package.

I finally received the wigs on March 3rd. Two out of the three wigs were as pictured and I was satisfied with them. However, the third wig was the wrong color as you can see in this picture. You can probably tell from the hairpins that I was planning on using the wig for an Orihime cosplay (for which color is very important). The wrong color makes the wig unusable for my purposes.

I contacted the seller about the mistake, showing them the comparison picture. Their first response was the following:

"so sorry ,they are the different color . when you buy my item's again , i will send another color , you can Comparison them , is it ok ? thabnks !" [sic]

I contacted them some more letting them know that I did not want to have to buy another item in order to get what I had ordered in the first place and they responded with this:

"I am sorry that you don't love this item,I think I can send back your money via paypal,but I think you must send back my item,This you should pay about 100 GBP on shipping fee.Now I have a good idea,I think I can return your payment 10USD .this you can keep the item,I think this is a great choose." [sic]

Considering that the cost of the wig with the shipping included came out to over $30, neither of these options were acceptable to me and I would still be without the wig I wanted. I decided to try and work with the seller and they eventually agreed to discount me EMS shipping by half if I reordered the wig.

I placed the order for the wig a second time and requested the total invoice that we had agreed upon in our messages. The seller updated the invoice once with airmail as the shipping option, so I requested the total again as this was not what we had agreed on. In total, I requested the proper total four times, but got no response until I opened up a dispute on Paypal. The first few messages through the dispute center were a rehash of our initial correspondences after the wigs came in. Eventually, I got the seller to agree to refund me $18 (though they tried to get me to close the dispute before sending the money).

Before opening up the Paypal dispute, I had paid for the reorder of the wig with airmail as the shipping method so that the seller could have no legitimate quarrel with me. I paid for the wig on March 9th and it did not arrive until March 28th.

When it did arrive, the color was good, but the style was wrong as shown in this picture. As of writing this review, I have contacted the seller about the error, including the comparison picture and have asked them how they will rectify this situation. I don't think I will bother trying to get the right wig from them as they have burned me too many times and I doubt that even if it were correct, a third wig would not arrive in time for Kawaii Kon. I admit that I am sad, though, because they had the one wig I really wanted.

I will update this when the issue has been totally resolved.

Pros: Good quality wigs. Some unique selections. Seller offers discounts if you buy more than one.

Cons: My order was wrong! Twice! Terrible customer service! Slow shipping. Slow responses. Difficulty communicating.

Final Grade: F+ (a plus only because they got the other two wigs right)
hoshi-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #705
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshi-p View Post
Final Grade: F+ (a plus only because they got the other two wigs right)
Wait, so you're giving them a failing grade even though they delivered on 2 out of the 3 wigs you ordered? I understand you had problems with the third wig, but to give them the lowest possible grade available because of your personal agenda seems a bit, well, stupid/biased.

I understand, and appreciate you putting so much effort into your review, but the overall score is wrong...sorry.