Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1168 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #706
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Well if your flustered and mad I can see why. But I have to agree. If the first too were alright, then at least a D is due I would think. But that is just my opinion -shrugs-

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #707
hoshi-p
歌姫

I can understand where you are coming from. I also hesitated to give them such a low score because I honestly was satisfied with two of the wigs that I received (well, one, since the other was was ordered for a friend), but I decided on that grade after deliberation.

The reason for the failing score is because out of two transactions with them, they failed me both times. The amount of difficulty I had to deal with in order to communicate with them to correct their mistake and the horrible customer service that I was given far outweighs the positives of the two wigs.

You can disagree with my grade. It is colored by my experience of having to wrestle with them for two long months and still not getting what I ordered in the first place. My purpose for reviewing them was to give others as much information about my experience so that they can make an educated decision about buying from the seller. Were this a costume commissioner, I no doubt would have given them more credit for the properly delivered items, but because this is a wig seller who only has to double check that the wig they pack is the same as the wig they have listed in the auction, the extent of their mistakes and lack of customer service weighs far heavier on my total experience.

Last edited by hoshi-p : 03-30-2008 at 08:05 PM.
hoshi-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #708
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshi-p View Post
I can understand where you are coming from. I also hesitated to give them such a low score because I honestly was satisfied with two of the wigs that I received (well, one, since the other was was ordered for a friend), but I decided on that grade after deliberation.

The reason for the failing score is because out of two transactions with them, they failed me both times. The amount of difficulty I had to deal with in order to communicate with them to correct their mistake and the horrible customer service that I was given far outweighs the positives of the two wigs.

You can disagree with my grade. It is colored by my experience of having to wrestle with them for two long months and still not getting what I ordered in the first place. My purpose for reviewing them was to give others as much information about my experience so that they can make an educated decision about buying from the seller. Were this a costume commissioner, I no doubt would have given them more credit for the properly delivered items, but because this is a wig seller who only has to double check that the wig they pack is the same as the wig they have listed in the auction, the extent of their mistakes and lack of customer service weighs far heavier on my total experience.
I think it's the customer service that got me most on this one. Expecting you to pay to send back a wig that they got wrong in the first place?
The whole 'when you buy my item's again' got me as well. It almost reeks of them trying to con you into spending even more money to fix a mistake they made.
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #709
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I also agree with the grade. Even if the product is good, customer service has to keep up. That... whoever you talked to... was obviously just after the money. You ended up getting the wrong wig, they expect you to pay for it and on top of that, they have the nerve to say it's a "good idea"?

~Ari-chan
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #710
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #711
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Mmm agreed. I should have thought twice. Yes it is due for the way you were treated. Sad if they have some decent products though. They are just putting themselves in a hole >.<

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #712
PenguinCheese

Name of Commissioner: superchinaseller (eBay)
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/superchinaseller
Character commissioned and series/video game: Aerith - Kingdom Hearts 2 - Full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-C...713.m153.l1262 (I'll put pictures of my actual dress up later, but I'll just say they look EXACTLY like the shop photo)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2 weeks from payment to arrival - very fast!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I'll start by saying I was very wary of buying from an eBay costume commisioner. I don't normally buy from outside the US either for customs reasons - I wouldn't want any trouble with them being held up. But I fell wholly in love with Aerith's dress from KH2 and decided finally to give superchinaseller a try. They had mostly good feedback peppered with a few negative comments, but I decided theirs looked best, so I bought from them. The dress cost $110 which was reasonable enough for a custom made costume, but right after I'd purchased it, I began to dread what might happen. What if I got a crappy low quality costume? There'd be no turning back. So the second I bought it, I began seeking backup costumes. Almost 2 weeks passed and I emailed them to ask about the progress and was promptly answered that it would ship in 2 days. Sure enough, 2 days later, my tracking number appeared in my email. I shivered with antici....pation. And today it arrived! I first noticed the quality material - no crappy costume satin - the whole dress was made of beautiful, soft, bright crepe material, sewn together beautifully, and best of all (which you can't see in the shop photo), the shirt and skirt were trimmed with beautiful ribbon with metallic thread woven through it. I tried it on - it had been made just for me! (Well, one part was a tiny bit too big, but I think I measured in the wrong spot. No big deal, nothing a quick alteration can't fix.) There were a few TINY flaws: the bust was a tiny big too big and the skirt was unhemmed but neither was worth me being even slightly disappointed. The costume was high quality, the seller's communication was excellent (even if their English wasn't), and it had obviously been made exactly to my specifications. A fantastic experience, I will DEFINITELY buy from them again.
Final Grade: A+ - I would give it a higher grade if possible. I suggest them, at the very least for their Aerith costume. =)

Last edited by PenguinCheese : 04-02-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Fixed link
PenguinCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #713
PenguinCheese

The link of the dress didn't work, here it is again:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-Costume-Aerith-Outfit-Custom-Made_W0QQitemZ150230795367QQihZ005QQcategoryZ63861 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262
PenguinCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #714
insight_blue

Name of Commissioner: NekoMimiChan
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/75220
Character commissioned and series: Saya Otonashi's sword from Blood+
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: her picture - http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1450414/
my pictures - http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...March08025.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...March08026.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Less then a month. I believe we agreed on the transaction around March 12th, and I received the sword April 1st.
Describe your Experience. Pros: First off, she is incredibly sweet. I couldn't believe my good luck that my first commissioner was so nice. Another thing that immediately struck me was her honesty. I originally asked her if she could take on the commission the very beginning of March, and I would need the sword the beginning of May. She told me with school, etc., she didn't think she could complete the sword on time and still do a good job. I really appreciated her honesty, instead of accepting the money and doing a rushed, crappy job. Luckily, I ended up needing it later and she said she would be able to do it.

Excellent communication. She answered everything very fast. She kept me updated through everything, and asked my opinion before finishing off the last few things. I also really appreciated that I did not have to give the second half of the payment until after the product was finished and I could see the result.

She got it done REALLY fast. Even after she thought she was going to be busy, she still got it done with in a few weeks. I'm glad I changed my date, even though that ended up not mattering.

Cons: Can't really think of any...the jewels did fall off the sword (which is why my picture is missing them), and some paint chipped off here and there, but nothing I can't fix easily. This probably happened from being bumped around during shipping. She was unable to drill the holes in the guard, but she let me know about it and charged me a bit less.

Comments: Again, so super nice. She originally was not going to be able to make a sheath, but in the end she made one, and it turned out GREAT. She didn't even charge me extra for it. Sword is really light weight, wrapping looks awesome...I'm very happy with it.

Final Grade: A+. I will definitely return to her in the future, and highly recommend her to anyone!
Tokiko Tsumura - Buso Renkin
Chrona - Soul Eater

Planned Conventions:
Megacon 2009
Jacon 2009
AFO 2009
insight_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:11 AM   #715
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Oops! Forgot to mention that we're updated :>
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:23 AM   #716
ODP!
Part of your world

Name of Commissioner Cosaru
www.cosaru.com

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/126456/
Sakura Kinomoto, Tomoyo Daidoji, Syaoran Li All full costumes
But only Sakura is being reviewed.

(See link above for pics)
Timeline about 3 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Cosaru is a good place to go if you're still a little shaky on sewing. She works VERY fast, and keeps you updated throughout the whole process. This was my first time having anything commissioned, but she seemed trustworthy. I even paid too much and she let me know and refunded it. The only complaints I had were when I got the costume. I put it on and the zipper would catch along the lining of where the skirt ended and became the torso part of the dress. The dress was also a little baggy around the shoulders and the waist. This didn't bother me too much, but the zipper did. There's also a garter belt that goes around the thigh that was much too big. I had to put it so high you can't even see it. And there's a ribbon around it that I cut for those pictures that had once had to be wrapped around my thigh numerous times before it stopped trailing on the ground, and it still fell down. One of the hair clips with the bow on it was broken, sadly. And it slides a bit every now and then. But if I pin it into my hair it should be fine. But all of these things are nothing major and can easily be looked over. She even offers free shipping of a free prize if you submit a picture of yourself in your costume to her. And she sends you candy along with your costume.

Final Grade: A
Rapunzel (Lunatia)
Belle(Lunatia)
Snow White(Lunatia)
Jasmine(Miku Star)
Esmeralda (Miku Star)
Princess Daisy(Miku Star)
Secret Costume (Miku Star)
Halloween Town Sora(Rika Riona)
Peter Pan (Rika Riona)
Songstress Rikku (Rika Riona)

Wendy Darling(Aerithia)
Alice (Aerithia)

Coming up:
AX
Comic Con
D23
ODP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #717
Kayu-sama

Name of Commissioner: qqcosplay
Website/C.com gallery: qqcosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Mamimi from FLCL (jacket, skirt, and shoulder bag)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.qqcosplay.com/FLCL/img/flclmamble03.jpg
http://www.qqcosplay.com/FLCL/img/flclmamble02.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): It was a while ago, so I don't remember exactly, but it was about the time they said to allow, 4-5 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The price was good and the quality of the costume was outstanding, they obviously know what they're doing. However the accuracy was very bad. Mamimi obviously has a very short skirt and what I got was knee-length. I hated the way the skirt looked so much, I replaced it with my own store-bought one. The bag is pretty well-made and everything fit okay. I'm not commissioning from them again, but I would consider buying something pre-made that I can see pictures of beforehand.
Final Grade: C-

Last edited by Kayu-sama : 04-02-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Kayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #718
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! Like ya do :>
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #719
Moonlit_Angel

Name of Commissioner: CosplayOne

Website/C.com gallery: http://cosplay1.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): We commissioned three Akatsuki cloaks for three different characters: Hidan, Sasori, and Deidara.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
- http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../200711111.gif
- http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...estockscom.jpg
- http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ctures/h53.gif
- http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...tsukicloud.jpg
- http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ra008_mimg.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Well, I commissioned them somewhere around January 27th, 2008, and they quckly got back to me. The delay, if any, was my own fault, as we had trouble gathering measurements and pictures, and these people were incredibly quick. I completed our measurements and pictures... somewhere around February 7th or so, and I recieved my three cloaks not even a month later! Somewhere around March 3rd or something was when I got them.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I liked the costume in full. No flaws what so ever. The cloaks are very comfortable and fit perfectly, and if there were any errors, it was due to our own measurement mistakes, like mine is a little tight around the back since I measured wrong. I was a little confused about payments, since we were first going to order 4 cloaks and it was $260, then we kicked one of the cloaks out and it was still $260, but that's okay.

Final Grade: A+!
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #720
ly*chee
ミア

Just a note xD I think the "links to pictures of your commissioned item" means the actual item you bought itself :3