Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1189 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #736
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #737
Infernoman
Hot as Hell

Name of Commissioner: mayurimoon (Southern Moon Creations)
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/southernmooncreations/index.htm
Character commissioned and series/video game: Sailor moon odangos for my friend
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, never received

Describe your Experience: I bought sailor moon odangos for my friend's sailor moon costume from her. A week or so later still haven't received them so she offered to resend them. She never resent them but refunded me MINUS shipping costs. I paid shipping fees only to receive NOTHING.

Overall, I would not recommend doing business with her again. Why should I have to eat up the shipping costs when I got nothing in return? She should have been responsible and reshipped them (if they were ever shipped at all) or given me a full refund.

Final Grade: D (only because I got some of my money back.)

Unknown/on Hiatus until further notice...
Infernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #738
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #739
tasan84

Name of Commissioner: Come-on-Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/come-on-cosplay/

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Retsu Unohana from Bleach (haori coat, kimono, sandles) (customed-made full costume minus the wig)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
March 17th-???
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I e-mailed the seller twice about receiving the payment. Most of my problems with the seller is through poor communication.
I used a cashier's check since I do not have a Paypal account and I did not want to use the bank transfer option.
I send the order information along with the photos and the measurements with the money through international express mail to keep a track. I had to contact the seller to see if they had received the payment. At first the seller said that they have not gotten the money from what read from the e-mail. I did a track number and according to EMS and USPS, the person had received the money. I e-mailed said seller about the issue,and they responded it would take them about 30 days to cash in the cashier's check.

I went to my bank on April 18th to see if this was true. It turns out that the check had been cleared on March 26th and I e-mailed the seller again about it. They still claimed that they have not the cashed in. So, I had a feeling that the seller has lied to me.
I'm just so angry right now about this and I feel stupid because this.
>_<

Final Grade: F (in process of 10-60 day eBay dispute, already filed a complaint through eConsumer.gov as recommended by the eBay Trust and Safety Department. )
tasan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #740
insight_blue

Name of Commissioner: cosplay1.com
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Saya Otonashi of Blood+. Her purple dress and white underskirt were commissioned.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: His pictures - http://www.cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=133#
Mine -
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...April08013.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...April08015.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...April08016.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...April08008.jpg
Timeline: About two months? I believe I ordered in the middle of February...received it around second week of April.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I'd heard a lot of great reviews of this commissioner, but the quality of the costume still surprised me. I was not expecting all the extra layers in the skirt to make it nice and poofy, or the nice zippers they added on the sleeves, which I had not even thought to ask for. I was very particular about the fabric for the dress. I actually took pictures of fabric that I liked at my local store, and they did their best to match. The dress over all came out perfect as far as looks.

My only complaint would be that it is a bit tight in the arms and shoulder area...can't lift my arms too high. But otherwise it fits great. I was really surprised it fit as well as it did. They even sent extra buttons along, and made real pockets in the dress!
Final Grade: A. I would definitely order from this commissioner again.
Tokiko Tsumura - Buso Renkin
Chrona - Soul Eater

Planned Conventions:
Megacon 2009
Jacon 2009
AFO 2009
insight_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #741
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #742
Pretty_Kitty
Lost in space....

Thumbs up

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1 / Aijie
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned: Glenda from Petite Princess Yucie. Graduation Dress / full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
-
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ay/glenda3.jpg
- http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ay/Room002.jpg
- http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ay/Room005.jpg
- http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ay/Room004.jpg
- http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ay/Room003.jpg
- http://www.cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=136

Timeline: February - April 08 About two months.
Pros: I have had many issues with different commissioners over the years, and I was so ready for this cosplay to be an utter failure like all my other commissioners however I was proven very wrong. All I can say is Ajie did a beautiful job on this costume. It's not extremely difficult but he made it the exact way I wanted it done without me actually telling him. He made each piece detachable including the cape, and the little jacket part. He also made a cute little hat to go along with the outfit. The whole outfit is well lined, even the cape and hat. In fact its so professionally made it almost seems like it should have been purchased from a boutique. It was done so fast I didn't honestly believe him when he told me it was finished. Plus they have very reasonable pricing and payment plans avaliable. I have nothing but praises for Ajie and I can't wait to have him commission something again.

Cons: The only issue I have with this outfit is the jacket sleeves are way too tight for me. They were so tight I couldn't even put the jacket on all the way and when I tried taking it off it became stuck on my arm. If it wasn't for some flexible maneuvers and very gentle pulling I could've torn this before it got its first run through. I am discussing with Ajie on if I can have the jacket sent back for repairs. I've seen many people on here say that either the pants or the sleeves of one of their outfits are too tight, so if you're looking to commission with them make sure to maybe add a few centimeters to your measurements around the pants and arm areas. I believe the reason my arm circumference was so tight on this was because the person I had do the measurements was a bit inebriated at the time. >.< Other then that nothing bad to say.

Final Grade: A - (Minus only because of the jacket sleeves.)

Seeya At!

Last.fm * Live Journal
Cherry Blossom Tree Festival / Otakon 10' / AUSA 10'
Random Lolita Outfits

Last edited by Pretty_Kitty : 04-23-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Had to add something. Thanks!
Pretty_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #743
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #744
Sadira Pookie
Queen of the Pookies

This might be taboo, but I feel it needs to be out there because more than a few people I know have had problems.

Name of Site: Cosworx
Wig ordered: Cher in hot pink
Character: Baiken-Gulity Gear XX
Photos: none I have since bought a new wig.
Time line: 1/8/07-2/16/07

Experience: NEGATIVE
Right after Ohayocon, I got on the ball for Katsu ( 2/16, 17, 18/07) and placed an order through the still new cosworx for a wig to be worn with my Baiken cosplay. I had ordered from them once before along with my current roommate, and by our own error, ordered the wigs too late and did not receive them before con. For this transaction, I decided to order ASAP so that I would have time to pull the wig into a high ponytail and purchase matching extensions. I ordered this wig.

Shipping at this time was 7-14 business days. I ordered on January 8th-9th. Katsu wasn't until mid February (16, 17,18 I believe), so I had time. Two weeks passed, then 3 and I've seen nothing of my wig. I try checking my tracking info, and all it says is that it's shipped and in transit. We're now at the week before the con and I try emailing cosworx every day. I even call and leave a few messages. Someone calls me back to tell me the wig was shipped. (February 12th, my birthday no less) When I check the tracking info, it now says that there was no one to sign and that the wig is in transit to California (return to sender). That was Monday.

No one to sign? I didn't have school or work that week because I had a severe sinus infection and was on ordered bed rest, hence at my house, So I called both UPS and Cosworx. UPS informs me that the wig was at the warehouse and then sent back because the receiving address was intangible.

I call Cosworx at least 3 times that day, I'd like to say . No answer. nothing. finally, on Wednesday before the con, I get a phone call saying that they "sold out of cher wigs" and "are you sure you haven't received it and aren't aware that it's there?" I am rather mad, yet calmly explain what Ups told me, I'm not big to raise my temper right off the beginning because it makes you look like an idiot.

"we'll call you right back." is their response. two hours later I get a phone call, "oh hey, we found your packing receipts, we don't have your wig...ummm what con do you need it for and what color? OH HEY we can give you this wig for the price you originally paid, and we'll have someone deliver it to you at the con."

I rather sadly agreed to this, since I had finished my costume, and the girl on the phone was peppy and said I could probably handle doing it at con, it's the cosplay spirit! Plus this wig was longer, I had bought candy pink extensions from a local store, and I could just add them in at the con. I set to work making extensions and wefts to add at con.

So Friday, I had to FIND the cosworx rep at the booth in the dealer's room, not have it delivered to me. She hands me the wig and a "complimentary wig cap" for all the trouble. She tells me it's a nice wig, similar to the one she's wearing. She tells me to stop by later to show her how it turns out, she just loves that wig.

I removed the wig from the bag upstairs and it was ALL TANGLED.
I had to hack the entire bottom of the wig off. the pink did not match the color i had intended (I had a party wig color wheel that i used to match extensions when I'm ordering wigs online). and the wig was ridiculously thin- there were clumps where my hair or the wig cap showed through, and did not fit, even when I cut the wig open and sewed in my own tracks of the lighter color. I spent the entire night "fixing" the wig. I missed my morning photo shoot because I was still playing with it.

I wore it be-grudgingly to the con on sat, and stopped by the booth to show her just how "HAPPY" I was. the rep from cosworx made a face and said.."oh i guess that looks nice, she's supposed to look scruffy." then went back to whatever she was doing and ignored me, only looking up to say, "oh, i'm busy".

Final Grade: D (I did receive a wig, if it was the wrong one, so i can't fail them altogether.)
I would NEVER do business again with them. and i have encouraged all of my friends not to. It's just unacceptable. i ordered with ample time, knowing i lived in Ohio and that it was coming from California. I filled in all the contact info correctly and checked my tracking info religiously. Not recieving my wig on time because UPS couldn't read the address? WTF. Also, answering phone calls or having someone SPECIFICALLY for phone calls and help/problems. Not playing eternal phone tag.

Member of Arthur Hellsing's Flying Circus

i has a bucket.
Sadira Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #745
Vasyenka
Optimistic Antagonist~

You know, I recently had a terrible experience with UPS as well. They stated that they 'couldn't read the address' and delivered my package to the local community center, allowed a stranger to sign for it, -then- put up a fake address on their website/packing tracking answering machine. I spent the entire evening looking for that fake address, seeing as how someone I didn't know signed for my package (said package was worth well over five hundred, so I was kind of freaking out).

When I called to their station in a nearby town and finally got a hold of someone, I let the receptionist know that I was very upset with the situation, and if that stranger opened my package, they'd have a legal issue on their hands. Said receptionist stated that she'd get in touch with the deliverer and will get back to me ASAP. Half an hour later, she got back with me and relayed what the deliverer said his excuse was. She said she could send someone back to the community center to pick up the package and redeliver it to the correct address in the morning.

When all was said and done, I saw that the correct address was written upon the package, it was legible for the average person, and I personally saw no need to take the package elsewhere. I was really glad that it wasn't opened, but needless to say I was very upset with UPS.

I'm not backing up what Cosworx did, but just sayin'. UPS isn't all that awesome either.
Ratonhnhaké:ton (Assassin's Creed III)
Miyu (Kyuuketsuhime Miyu)
Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
Carlos the Scientist (Welcome to Night Vale)
Vasyenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #746
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No taboo worries, Sadira Pookie Makes me wish I had kept a better record of things back with my own...unenviable experiences with Cosworx for a similar report.
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #747
fadingbutterfly

Name of Commissioner : Julias Laedchen
Website/C.com gallery : Ebay store
Character commissioned and series/video game : Chii from Chobits (White butterfly dress)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : *Needs to look for pictures from old deskie... ><*
Timeline : Five days.And two days of that was shipping - I opted for express shipping as I really,really needed the costume asap.
Pros :
-Communication was excellent
-Measurements were accurate to what I gave her
-Material of dress was really nice,not tacky or cheap at all
-Was given ribbons for the arm/leg part of the costume as well
-The 'butterfly tail' was lengthened as per request.Accurate to given measurement as well (The ebay auction shows a short tail)
-Seams were very well done and hidden

Cons :
-Lace of costume wasn't accurate (It was dark blue instead of light blue.But I was fully aware of this before I purchased it.Just saying it's something that could be improved for the future)

Comments : I would be very happy to deal with this commissioner again.The price I paid was well worth it - and it goes with saying that it wasn't very expensive at all.Deadline was met,quality was good.As said above,the only con is something that's very little,and not a big factor at all.

Final Grade: : A- (Just coz of the inaccurate lace.Lol...)
fadingbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:18 AM   #748
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:26 AM   #749
meenuuh
meevee, I chose you!

Name of Commissioner:
Taiyo Cosplay/Caineyamiyasha

Website/C.com gallery:
www.taiyocosplay.com
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m18411/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):

Rinoa from FF8, (duster, shorts, skirt)
Rosette Christopher from Chrono Crusade, (entire costume, wig, shoes)
Ayane from Dead or Alive 4, (Wig, jacket, skirt)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1489086/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1454101/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1436156/

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
A month on all costumes.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
He was really fast with responses, initial quote for the costume I got the next day and it took a short period of time for the construction of each costume. He got them all to me before the times I needed them. Professional quality, I was really impressed with his zipper work -- looks like it was bought out of a store. I would recommend anyone to commission from him.

Final Grade:
A
meenuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:41 AM   #750
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>