Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 04-23-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

how to look more cute/loli?

I have a little strong facial features.... well, not THAT strong.... but i look like my age (i'm turning 24 in may), and one of my new costumes is a loli. I used to look more childish when i was chubby, now i'm a little underweight, and my features are stronger that before.

What can i do to look more "young" with makeup? Please don't use my pictures in the gallery as a reference of myself because i lost more than 16 kgs since my last costume and my face changed a lot.

another thing to remark, i have VERY black circles under my eyes since forever. I use 3 or 4 layers of liquid concealer to look "healthy" everyday, and also foundation, powder and eyelash mascara as a must when i cosplay.
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Cagalli Kasshu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
fechan
Team Blasé

I'm turning 25 in May!
I know I'm not really a reference since I constantly get confused for an 18 years old at best but once I did a costume where I had to look like a pre-teen and I guess my makeup was good because I was asked if I was 15~16 a lot. ^^;

So here's what I did:
I put on a pale thick foundation and a pale powder over it (I also have dark circles under my eyes so I need it).
I used a baby pink blush that I applied generously on the 'chubbiest' part of my cheeks (cheekbone?) when I smile. (I usually smile to my reflection to apply it ^^; )
I applied black eyeliner because it's all I had but I think a dark brown would work better. I put a rather thick line in a circular shape to make my eyes appear bigger.
Lastly, I put a tiny bit of eyeliner pen under my bottom lash line and some mascara.

I think the smile also influences a lot the look. If you have a more serious smile it changes your face. I usually try to go for a small impish smile without showing teeth.

Anyway! I hope it helps!!
fechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

thanks a lot!!!! i will try that. How much paler than my own skin needs to be the foundation? I live in Chile, and the paler foundation you can find here just matches my skin (we and our natives... groar). I don't have any trouble about buying things on internet, and i was thinking about buying a Kryolan one, but i really don't know what one to buy! can you (or anyone on this board) help me with that?

and yeaaah, smiling is very helpful. I'm also on the smiling-smiling side of the force, so the blush will be applied right as you said without any problems.

that's me now BTW (the female one, please ahahaha) http://www.fotolog.com/meer_campbell/54099673
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
fechan
Team Blasé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagalli Kasshu View Post
thanks a lot!!!! i will try that. How much paler than my own skin needs to be the foundation? I live in Chile, and the paler foundation you can find here just matches my skin (we and our natives... groar). I don't have any trouble about buying things on internet, and i was thinking about buying a Kryolan one, but i really don't know what one to buy! can you (or anyone on this board) help me with that?

and yeaaah, smiling is very helpful. I'm also on the smiling-smiling side of the force, so the blush will be applied right as you said without any problems.

that's me now BTW (the female one, please ahahaha) http://www.fotolog.com/meer_campbell/54099673
I love your hair! Nice colour! I usually use either a shade paler or the same colour as my skin for foundation. I think much paler would look fake. As long as it's even and has a 'natural healthy' glow, it works!

Personally, I never tried Kryolan. I use either MAC's or L'Oréal True Match liquid foundation when I don't have the money for MAC. I use either liquid or cream-duo foundation. I tried a lot of creams and all of the except MAC were really horrible though so I think liquid is a safer value. Well Rimmel's wasn't too bad despite look about 10 shades darker than my skintone but actually matching once applied. It's around 15$ + taxes in Canada.
I assume you use concealer for the dark circles? Concealer + foundation + powder is the best combination if you have imperfections and the like to hide.

You could also add a touch of pale pink lipstick or gloss.
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

concealer is my everyday must. I don't wear any makeup daily but concealer... I will search for MAC then, here's a "new" brand and is very expensive, so i will buy it from internet anyway. Every "new" and "expensive" brand here is a lot more expensive than in other countries, because we have 3 or 4 local brands that are the top sellers. In example, China Glaze nail polish costs here 5 times more than in the US or Canada... and it's my favorite brand so i buy them from internet and also counting the shipping, it's more cheaper than buy them here.

My mom gave me a liquid concealer of a local brand that's uber great (she's croatian so her skin tone is a little, little tan and it was too light for her), it comes in a flask like a lipgloss one and i apply two layers of it for everyday wear.
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
karinka Chick

Lets see... Well I say I need to know what kind of lolita yout going to do first before i help you. cus there are alot of products out there that can be used.
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

i'm not going as "lolita", but as a loli character (loli means a little/cute girl). a hint, i'm going as Hatsune Miku. She is a little grown up loli, but a loli after all.
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
fechan
Team Blasé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagalli Kasshu View Post
i'm not going as "lolita", but as a loli character (loli means a little/cute girl). a hint, i'm going as Hatsune Miku. She is a little grown up loli, but a loli after all.
I think karinka Chick confused your use of loli for the fashion (loli, lolita, sweet lolita, gothic lolita.... it goes on). What you mean is just cute/childlike, right? Maybe a picture would help so that no one gets confused. ^^
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

i think the same

well, this is Miku: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33...atsunemiku.jpg

i already ordered the nail polish (aqua blue one, i bought a china glaze one to add to my collection xD, also the OMG! topcoat to archieve that "holographic-futuristic" look), but my factions are so non-loli...
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Unread 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
wingedinfinity
=3=

Ah! Miku Hatsune
i plan on cosplaying her this year as well ^^

so you want to look childish and adorable?
i'm not sure how much help i can be
since most people say i have a natural "Loli" look
and i look like i'm 10
(which is good and bad lol)
but
since i'm not sure what your face looks like right now
i'll just try to give some adive best i can. O.O

i go for more of the fair/light skin
i don't add blush or anything (partially because i have rosatia (sp?) XD so it gives me a narutal blush thing)
but for others i would say definately go for a light
pink blush. not a rosy one
since Miku is a vocaloid and her skin is paler
a rosy bluch would look weird so
light pink but still noticeable to an extent.
also for pictures
blow your cheeks up a bit
but not to much to where it look unnatural
or make sure your smile is very childish and cute
think kid in a candy store..>>
that gets me smiling XD

what works for me also is to make my eyes look wider
you can do this in a few ways
either just widen your eyes whenever
or don't put eyeliner right under your eye
put it a bit lower
and for the top