Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Robo Jing

- Soul Eater -

To early to discuss? I don't think so, the manga has been out for a while.
It should be more known now that it's an anime.

Anyone got any future plans?

For me maybe someday, I don't have anyone planned but I still want to see others take on this series :P

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)
Vanya the White Violin- (%60)

Deviant art- http://jing-chan.deviantart.com

Last edited by Robo Jing : 05-04-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Robo Jing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Mr-Pineapple
Old Man

I'd love to cosplay out of this series in the future, the designs are all so awesome~ Maybe I'll end up doing a Shinigami-sama next year.
Mr-Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Iridescent_Fall

I've been following the anime as each episode is subbed, and it's pretty good so far. The art is really quite amazing and the voice actors are doing a really great job. (I especially like Soul and Death the Kid). The series has a really great style, and I'll definitely be buying the manga when it released later this year/early 2009 (by Yen Press). Although, my only problems with it are the plot and the fan-service. I'm really hoping that the plot is going to deliver substance (BONES studio's work should not go to waste!), and not just another formulaic shonen series. Some of the fan service is not to my liking (aka Witch Blair), but it IS shonen afterall.
The only character I'm not terribly fond of right now is Black Star. He gets a bit too obnoxious sometimes...and his hair freaks me out a bit.

The designs of the characters are really great, and would be great to cosplay from. There was one character in the opening wearing all black, with a black hood, blond hair, devil tail, and dotted tattoos who really caught my eye. I'd bet the manga fans would know who she/he is.

Cosplay progress:
Zekrom Gijinka [100%]
Amaimon [100%] + Behemoth [20%]
Amaimon Yukata version [100%]
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) [5%]
Iridescent_Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Robo Jing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent_Fall View Post
I've been following the anime as each episode is subbed, and it's pretty good so far. The art is really quite amazing and the voice actors are doing a really great job. (I especially like Soul and Death the Kid). The series has a really great style, and I'll definitely be buying the manga when it released later this year/early 2009 (by Yen Press). Although, my only problems with it are the plot and the fan-service. I'm really hoping that the plot is going to deliver substance (BONES studio's work should not go to waste!), and not just another formulaic shonen series. Some of the fan service is not to my liking (aka Witch Blair), but it IS shonen afterall.
The only character I'm not terribly fond of right now is Black Star. He gets a bit too obnoxious sometimes...and his hair freaks me out a bit.

The designs of the characters are really great, and would be great to cosplay from. There was one character in the opening wearing all black, with a black hood, blond hair, devil tail, and dotted tattoos who really caught my eye. I'd bet the manga fans would know who she/he is.
I know exactly what you mean, it does kind of fit into the typical shonen Genre but I really think the characters are interesting and unique. It's kinda rare to have a strong female main character too.
There is alot of fan service, but I don't mind it. And I have a lot of faith in BONES I think they will do the series justice.

The black hood person you were talking about is Medusa, she's one of the bad guys. She's pretty kick ass, I like her powers. The manga is just a little different then the anime so far, but it's still good. It's not drawn all to well in the beginning but it definitely gets better. The style reminds me a lot like King of Bandit Jing, which makes me happy xDD

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)

Last edited by Robo Jing : 05-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
ycysusan2001

me~~ I plan to do Patty later on this year~
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I remember thinking that Tsubaki was kinda neat looking (as were the duo for... Death the Kid, I think it was). It's literally been years since I read my the first manga, and just didn't buy any others since then (it was in Japanese).

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
ChibiToon
What have you done?

So far I am planning on either Maka, Death Scythe (Maka's dad), or Dr. Franken Stein.

My decision could change, however, as the series continues... ^_^

CT

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Akiho-Taichou
Because we're only human.

Yay! I'm doing Maka for Otakon this year. ^-^
Taiga [Toradora!], Nanami [Katanagatari], Mio [K-ON!!]
Aria [Tegami Bachi], Female Trainer [Pokemon: Black & White]
Future Cosplays
Zelda [The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker]
Akiho-Taichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

My friends and I are planning a Soul Eater group for next year with me as Black Star.

Last edited by SailorAnime : 06-03-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Not as planned. :O
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
怪物304
unknown

Soul Eater! The wacky art and character design was what attracted me to this series. I have only read up to book 2 but basically my friend has gave me too many spoilers so even though I have yet to know Medusa, but I think I already liked her. My friend just made her sounded like the most awesome bad guy in SoulEater. Dx And I really pity poor Stein because he got 'bullied' by Medusa, plus he is my next favorite character after Death. But then Death is just plain love! I just loved his crazy obsession with perfection and symmetry. I have already done a ghetto Death cosplay, but next time round I am going to make his skateboard! I hope I don't crash into anybody....
Unread 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Robo Jing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 怪物304 View Post
Soul Eater! The wacky art and character design was what attracted me to this series. I have only read up to book 2 but basically my friend has gave me too many spoilers so even though I have yet to know Medusa, but I think I already liked her. My friend just made her sounded like the most awesome bad guy in SoulEater. Dx And I really pity poor Stein because he got 'bullied' by Medusa, plus he is my next favorite character after Death. But then Death is just plain love! I just loved his crazy obsession with perfection and symmetry. I have already done a ghetto Death cosplay, but next time round I am going to make his skateboard! I hope I don't crash into anybody....
heheh, Kidd is such so interesting, it's not hard to fall in love with his character xDD
Oh wow~! You make such a cute Death the Kidd! <3

Things get really epic when you get to Medusa

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)

Last edited by Robo Jing : 05-02-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
Toneriko

Lol, for those of you who haven't read the manga, you'll be suprised at the lack of fanservice in the anime.

I already have a Maka cosplay that just needs a few adjustments (New wig, proper boots, better skirt) along with a scythe, but I plan on remaking the scythe as soon as I get a new job.

I'm also planning on doing a Blair cosplay
Toneriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #13
Robo Jing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneriko View Post
Lol, for those of you who haven't read the manga, you'll be suprised at the lack of fanservice in the anime.

I already have a Maka cosplay that just needs a few adjustments (New wig, proper boots, better skirt) along with a scythe, but I plan on remaking the scythe as soon as I get a new job.

I'm also planning on doing a Blair cosplay
haha, so true xDD They actually cut out a lot of the fanservice from the manga in the anime

guhhh I love your Maka so much! I think it looks wonderful, but I'm curious to see how you are going to make it even more amazing :3

can't wait to see your Blair~!

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:04 AM   #14
Devkyu

I plan to go as Medusa to Otakon 2008. My best friend is going as Stein. Making that head crank/gear is going to be... interesting to say the least.

My only problem would be finding something to create Medusa's arm markings that washes off easily and won't cause me to break out in some horrible rash.
Devkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 05:04 AM   #15
bubblefire
:D

i was watching this series while i was in japan and i'm considering cosplaying, thinking maybe maka but i want to watch more of the series before making a really good decision :3
bubblefire is offline   Reply With Quote