Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1070 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #781
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
If anything, perhaps we should simply try having two subcategories and see what happens If the apocalypse comes, then an alternative solution can be found. And yes, I will change the title, since that is bizarrely the greatest concern on the matter.
If you really want them together, I agree that two sub-categories would go a ways to make it less confusing, or in lieu of that (and much less work) just a simple notation next to the entries that the place is either selling pre-packaged items or a commissioner who makes things for hire. I personally don't know many people who would consider them the same thing, or who would rate a non-commission purchase using a grading scale such as:
Quote:
A +/-
This is for an undeniably excellent commissioner; no communication complications, no construction error or accuracy inconsistencies; someone you, personally, feel confident in working alongside and intend to again in the future.
And while the title is not the "greatest" concern, it's definitely not a bizarre one, considering the title is "Commissioner Review Thread" and the push is to include non-commissioner reviews in the listings.

If it would help, I can make a static page that can be updated in a better format and grant access to the editing of it, that way it can be included at the beginning without needing to edit separate thread posts or make more room by deleting old ones. Just let me know.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #782
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Mihgt as well start then. I'm posting 3 since they all have different grades (though it'd average out to an A if need be)
That would certainly be preferable Obviously you don't edit to add in a new review every time you work with someone you've already had a transaction with, but for brevity's sake explaining each situation separately but with a cumulative grade would be ideal while we're starting out.
I have to go mother's day shopping today, so I cannot guarantee I'll be getting this started within the next few hours, but you can certainly look for it tomorrow Or perhaps begin listing reviews now to be added to the current listing, which I can then just move as proves appropriate <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
If it would help, I can make a static page that can be updated in a better format and grant access to the editing of it, that way it can be included at the beginning without needing to edit separate thread posts or make more room by deleting old ones. Just let me know.
If possible, that would be desperately appreciated--I have a horrid time with the character limit as it is. And the grading system isn't something I had thought to update, but you make a solid point. Going through to determine who is a store and who isn't to put into an independent category might be rather time consuming--and, like you mentioned, quite possibly won't even work--but I think it might be more user-friendly than making people go through a mesh-listing if all they want is one or the other

Last edited by Kanira : 05-04-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #783
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Name of Store: Cosworx
Website/C.com gallery : cosworx.com
Item: Punky in D. Purple
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Timeline: Four days from ordering to arrivng. SWEET.

Pros: The superfast timeline. HOLY SNAP BATMAN!

Cons: Okay, this is fault on both sides. Look at the New Look color chart. There's Purple, H. Purple, and DD Purple. There is no such color as "D. Purple", but that was color available on the list for the Punky. I needed the DD Purple and, since said color wasn't on the color chart, I was 99% sure it was just a typo. Well, there's that 1%. It turned out VERY close to the standard purple (only a few shades off). I was unhappy for a bit, but it worked out. heir fault for the color chart, mine for not double checking.

Final Grade: A-
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #784
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

EDIT: I'll just stick two, the A- and this one'll just be all the cumulative A's.

Website/C.com gallery : cosworx.com
Item: Linda in 60, Linda XXL in 60, Punky S in some color, Amanda, wigcap
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/858738/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1448970/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/963570/
Timeline: Five days from ordering to arriving. I love you people

Pros: I believe this was during one of the sales so the shipping time is amazing! All wigs arrived perfectly, wig cap was easy to find in the box, I should probably mention the store is pretty easy to navigate.

Cons: None at all for these orders

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by phantomthief : 05-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.
phantomthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #785
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Erm, phatomthief...if you could mesh into one cumulative grade for past transactions all detailed in one post, it would be ideal xD For example, how there are Full Costume (3) and Wig (2) listings, etc.

edit:
vvvv you are a darling thanks much

Last edited by Kanira : 05-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #786
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

As noted in the second one, my very first order with them was... strange... so it had a bit lower grade than the average of my other orders ^_^ Hope that works. If not I'll just average that in

~Ari

Last edited by phantomthief : 05-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.
phantomthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #787
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Well things are in motion now Thread is updated, but I'll be out for a few hours. Apologies for any congestion this may cause!
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #788
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Even if mod-meddling is discouraged, though, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could delete the first three or four reviews to keep a few editable posts on the first page and together for this venture. I can contact the reviewers in question for them to resubmit, or do it myself while listing a reference to them to avoid inconsistencies PMed Michi about it a few months back but not sure she ever received it.
I don't think I did. The last few months have been hectic for me since I've been going back and forth from America to Japan, and I don't see it in my inbox now either. Sorry! I wonder if I accidentally deleted it when clearing things out, ugh.

I don't quite get what you mean, however -- the only review between your list posts is Lumasnati's, and it'd be best to have Lumasnati repost it before deleting it as well. Do you just mean some empty extra posts for you to post in? Or removing the reviews around your old posts so that you have those "Updated!" posts to edit for other purposes?
I can only do the latter, but maybe Admin is able to dissect the thread the other way! Or something else will be figured out, I guess.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:39 AM   #789
-Kitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I don't quite get what you mean, however -- the only review between your list posts is Lumasnati's, and it'd be best to have Lumasnati repost it before deleting it as well. Do you just mean some empty extra posts for you to post in? Or removing the reviews around your old posts so that you have those "Updated!" posts to edit for other purposes?
I can only do the latter, but maybe Admin is able to dissect the thread the other way! Or something else will be figured out, I guess.
I believe what she means is when you look at the first 2 posts she had on the thread with commissioner names, they're broken up by a review from another member. So if there was a way to move that one review and also open up a couple more posts so the first 4 or so could be used by Kanira to list reviews.
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #790
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kitsu View Post
So if there was a way to move that one review and also open up a couple more posts so the first 4 or so could be used by Kanira to list reviews.
Indeedy! But I think I might not need such anymore, since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
...Admin is able to dissect the thread the other way!
...Admin mentioned putting together "a static page that can be updated in a better format and grant access to the editing of it, that way it can be included at the beginning without needing to edit separate thread posts or make more room by deleting old ones." which would be heaven on earth, really, as far as maintaining this thing is concerned. I'd love to bring back details of each review being included in the list, but ran out of room months ago to manage such.
Am hoping that the vB code suddenly failing me is a sign of things happening
Unread 05-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #791
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito PowWah View Post
Name of Commissioner Cosfurs
Website/C.com gallery http://freewebs.com/cosfurs
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Kyuubi Naruto Fox ears and tail
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/garden37.png

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/garden27.png

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/garden15.png

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...to/garden3.png

Timeline (how long your order took to process) About a month
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Wonderful commissioner, very polite, replied back to e-mails promptly and final product was definitely worth the wait! Also, materials were fantastic!
Final Grade: A+++++
Lawl, you guys are so caught up in the Cosworx situation that you forgot a review.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #792
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koisnake View Post
Lawl, you guys are so caught up in the Cosworx situation that you forgot a review.
Ah! I know what happened. I put it in at the same time as Phantomthief's, but when the character limit was hit and the m's were moved down, forgot to add it again ^^; Embarrassing! Thanks so much for the catch!

edit: and updated :x
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #793
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

No problem at all! This thread is very quick, so I don't blame you for missing reviews.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #794
tasan84

EDIT: 5/6/08

I got an update on the review and I just recieved my cosplay. I wanted to make a few changes :

Name of Commissioner:
Come-on-Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/come-on-cosplay/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Retsu Unohana from Bleach (haori coat, kimono, sandles) (customed-made full costume minus the wig)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Timeline (how long your order took to process): March 17th-May 6th
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I e-mailed the seller twice about receiving the payment. Most of my problems with the seller is through poor communication.
I used a cashier's check since I do not have a Paypal account and I did not want to use the bank transfer option.
I send the order information along with the photos and the measurements with the money through international express mail to keep a track. I had to contact the seller to see if they had received the payment. At first the seller said that they have not gotten the money from what read from the e-mail. I did a track number and according to EMS and USPS, the person had received the money. I e-mailed said seller about the issue,and they responded it would take them about 30 days to cash in the cashier's check.

I went to my bank on April 18th to see if this was true. It turns out that the check had been cleared on March 26th and I e-mailed the seller again about it. They still claimed that they have not the cashed in. So, I had a feeling that the seller has lied to me. Did contact through eBay Trust and Safety Department to see my options, and I did a dispute with the seller around the last week of April. The seller explained how cashing in a foreign cashier's checks/money order, and it she had wait a response from her bank around 30 days. After she gotten the money from her bank, seven days later, costume was made and shipped yesterday and I just received it.

Fits perfectly, sewing quality is well-done. There were no marks or weird odor from the costume that some of my cosplay friends suggested that I should check for. The only problem is that haori coat needed to have long sleeves and I did pointed that out to the commissioner about that before hand.

Final Grade: B/B- (Mostly because of communication problems back and forth. The person responded about three days or longer after I e-mailed. Lesson learned: Do not do send money order/cashier's checks internationally, it really takes a LONG time for the person on the other side to get it cashed in. @.@)
tasan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #795
SleepingDragon

I'm sorry, but I have to throw my 2 cents out there. Comissioner threads are way different then storefronts. Both in volume and services offered. here's why I say that. Case in point a legit store front offers payment services. There is not a long peorid of time between payment and reciept of goods as there is with comessioners. AND finally vendors like Cosworx, Doctored Locks, ect.. are easy to deal with in regards to returns and a customer being unsatisifed with the product. They will issue returns when they are at fault without question. A comissoner can hold money hostage and wait till formal charges are filed through a credit card company or police. Also the quality of recieved item is difficult to prove versus say.. a defective wig. With standard merchandise it either works or it dosen't, and a storefront has more options to resolve difficulties....

Now for my reviews....

CosWorx sorry but you get a D

Why? It was a first time order. Other then then your Amanda wig the other two wigs I could have purchased from another vendor because they were New Look wigs. The one special white Amanda I recieved was defective. It took me over six weeks to reach a human being at cosworx's to have it replaced. Six weeks near Otakon, but still having both of the listed number's inboxes being full on top of no response via email or the boards to my posted message.. Sorry that is poor customer service in that no one responded to my messages left at both phone numbers and email and I still had to keep calling at random times durning the day to resolve the issue.

Amphigory A

Fast shipping on my wigs, my order was right. Great communication for a product that I could buy elsewhere. Will return.

Doctored Locks A+

Not only do they have fast shipping and a wonderful product. But the one time there was an issue with my order. A shade of extensions that was not instock despite what their website said, a representive from Doctored Locks attempted to contact me repeatedly within the shipping window for that day. Also because I was ordering slightly off white extentions he offered to send me the shade lighter and the shade darker free of charge to make my deadline, since neither of us could decide which shade was closer. Now that's customer serive and I haven't ordered extensions through anyone else but Doctored Locks since. They went above and beyond to show that they cared about my repeat business.