Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 668 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #796
Kanira
Non-Playable Character
 
Kanira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 843
Updated! And I have started on the whole Merchant review issue. There is very little that can be done for convenience and organization until Admin does whatever it is he said he'd do, but we have a start.
The link at the top of the first post takes you to one further down the page listing our few merchant submissions, with their own set of very similar rules and grading guidelines.
If this doesn't work out in the end, at least it will be the simplest matter in the world to copy-paste it into its own thread.

And, as always, if I've made a mistake somewhere or you have an improvement to recommend, it is all greatly appreciated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #797
TR Rose
Meowing About
 
TR Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,433
Name of Store: Cosworx
Website/C.com gallery : cosworx.com
Item: Wisp in silver/gray
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

This is part review, part info for new buyers. I wanted to order Wisp in silver/gray to add blue dye on top of for a Franziska von Karma wig. I'd been looking at the wig for a while but hadn't ordered it. Then the silver/gray was sold out, right as I was going to place my order. I contacted Admin for the ETA when this wig would be back in stock, but it was longer than I wanted to wait (since I had a friend willing to help me dye the wig and she would be busy in mid-May).

So I turned to Ebay and searched for the wig and, lo and behold, Cosworx has a store on Ebay! And they had the Wisp in silver/gray in stock! I messaged Admin back (he was very prompt in replying to PMs) and told him what I found. He replied that they probably did have one in stock for Ebay. I placed my order via Ebay, paid with Paypal, and the wig arrived pretty quickly.

Here's the part that concerned me - Admin said that they probably had one in stock for Ebay, but their Ebay store listed three of that wig available.

My advice - if Cosworx is sold out, search for one of their exclusive wigs on Ebay to find their seller page. There's a chance that you could acquire a sold-out wig that way... but maybe not. I didn't personally have a problem since I only needed the one wig.

Final rating:
B/B+ (because I had to do more digging than just ordering off their page, and had it been a non-exclusive wig, I would have gone to Amphigory or another online store)
__________________
MeowAbout Cosplay + Facebook | Texas Metroplex Cosplay Coalition (TMCC) | DeviantArt
• Rainbow Brite
• Princess Cadance
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #798
Ororo Howlett
When in doubt, FRAG OUT!
 
Ororo Howlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 498
Name of Merchant: CosWorx
Website: www.cosworx.com
Item purchased: Angela 750 in Dark Blue
Links to picture(s) of your received item: None yet
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2 days (sometime in February 2008)
Describe your Experience
Pros: No communication problems and rather inexpensive. I ordered the wig on a Sunday evening and got it on Tuesday morning (no, I don't live anywhere remotely near CosWorx HQ).
Cons: None
Comments: Excellent store! I will absolutely be buying from them again.
Final Grade:A+
__________________
XBL Gamertag: ur NME 123
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000
01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101
00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000
01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001
01100101 00101110
Ororo Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #799
SakuraLee
Vocaloid Addict
 
SakuraLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 209
Name of Merchant: Cosworx
Website: www.cosworx.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1x Pat Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Yet to come~
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Shipping was a decent speed considering I wasn't in a rush to get it. The website says that it is Kanekalon, but so are all my other wigs and I personally think that the fiber quality isn't nearly as good as I expected it to be. Good, but really not the same. The colour though I would say is accurate. ^^
Final Grade: B+

Name of Merchant: QQCosplay
Website: www.qqcosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1x Vampire Knight Yuki Necklace, 1x Vampire Knight Yuki Bracelet
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Yet to come~
Timeline (how long your order took to process): approximately 10 days.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
It came suprisingly fast and the quality is good and the design of the bracelet and necklace are accurate~ ^^ I would happily go shop there again for accessories.
Final Grade: A+
__________________
Next Convention: Sunnycon 2014
Take a look~:
Facebook page
Deviantart

Last edited by SakuraLee : 05-08-2008 at 05:10 PM.
SakuraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #800
Pretty_Kitty
Lost in space....
 
Pretty_Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 281
Thanks for the merchant side. I was thinking about reviewing some cosplay merchants I've dealt with for a while. More to come.

Name of Merchant: Cosworx
Website: www.cosworx.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): Black Petticoat
Links to picture(s) of your received item: No Picture Avaliable
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Never got it so I wouldn't know.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Back when Cosworx was actually selling skirts posing as a petticoat I purchased one from them. Everything went well up until the point when I realized a few weeks after the original order was placed that I never received the petticoat. I first tried calling their customer service line but was met with the answering service every time no matter what time I called. So I sent an email and was told by whomever that the petticoat was delivered at my address. They even gave me the UPS tracking number. I have never had problems receiving items at my house before and I definitely did not have the petticoat and I told the customer service rep this. However since Cosworx seems to believe EVERYTHING those lovely tracking numbers tell them I guess I was the liar and I never heard anything back from them again. So, out 35 bucks and no petticoat to date, I decided to try my luck with them one more time. See below.

Final Grade: F (Of course the least they could've done was offer to resend another one not completely ignore me.)


Name of Merchant: Cosworx
Website: www.cosworx.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Pair of Black Knee High Boots.
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Photo Here
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a week or so.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I purchased these boots specifically for a lolita dress. They were supposed to be white however due to my inattentiveness I chose black during the ordering. Not even a minute after the final order was placed I noticed the mistake and emailed Cosworx customer service explaining the mishap and asking that the original order color be changed to white. I was sent an email saying it wouldn't be a problem to change the order since it had not been fulfilled yet. Once the boots arrived as you can see from the picture they are most certainly not white. >.< I emailed customer service once again explaining the situation, telling them what I was told by whoever answered my original email and I was never sent a reply back. In fact I sent two emails and numerous phone calls, after a couple weeks of trying to get the problem solved I gave up and stuck with the black boots. However this would mark the second time I have had a problem with Cosworx customer service. After this order I have not (and will not) purchase anything from Cosworx. Its a shame as there are many things I wouldn't mind purchasing from Cosworx however I'm not one to support poor customer service, and I'm for damn sure not stupid enough to waste my money a third time.

Final Grade: C+ (Because at least I actually got my order this time even if it was the wrong color)
__________________
"You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie?" ---- "Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool." - Jacob (Breaking Dawn)

Seeya At!

Last.fm * Live Journal
Cherry Blossom Tree Festival / Otakon 10' / AUSA 10'
Random Lolita Outfits
Pretty_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #801
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine
 
BiZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 306
Thank you for the Merchant page~!

I will be certain to review the few eBay sellers my friends and I have bought from in the past, though I want to get this review out of the way first…


Commissioner: Ghost613
Website: http://www.freewebs.com/weeghostie
Character commissioned: Rikku (Wig) from Final Fantasy X-2

I bought from Ghost on a rush Rikku wig commission. She knew my deadline and how desperately I needed to have it finished as I had a performance and my original commissioner had backed-out last minute. Ghost charged me over $80 for the wig and at no time during our communication did she give me a breakdown of materials and styling fees. She never referred me to her website or her page of policies; this “oversight” would soon become the bane of my Trainer Rikku cosplay experience.

A week and a half after she accepted my Paypal payment, I had not heard from her. When I emailed her, she confessed she had not begun work on my wig. The base wig hadn't even arrived at her home. I requested my money back—thinking she couldn't make a quality product in time for my engagement—but she messaged me and, suddenly, the wig had come in the mail and she was working on it.

Later that evening, Ghost told me the wig was complete and sent me pictures of the completed product. I was appalled. The color I needed was a warm, butter-colored blonde and what I saw was dishwater blonde with bright platinum streaks. The ponytail was low on the nape, while the character’s is high on her crown and the beads were small, cheap, children’s supplies. Residue from glue was visible around the tiny beads. While the character’s whole head is covered in braids, the wig Emma created only had about four small braids dangling off the top. The bandana was sloppily sewn and seemingly glued to the cap of the wig. The ponytail was short and scraped at the shoulders, not at all like the two and a half-foot ponytail the character has in the game. The wig she had created and the wig I asked her to make were nowhere near the same.

I told her these things and asked for a refund as I was completely unsatisfied. She refused. When I pressed her, she sent me this message:

“What part of non contestable do you not understand? This is not a disputable claim, as I am only following my policy. I can't make exceptions for every whiny little girl who thinks they deserve more money…Considering the fact that I have two other VERY tight deadlines you are distracting me from, I was doing a favor for you and I spent hours of my Friday afternoon slaving over your wig so you'd have something to wear at your convention, you are being very unreasonable. You say this has been a stressful experience for you? It's been twice as stressful for me, as you are a HORRIBLE client to work with. I mean the worst…I hardly ever even break even on these stupid wigs since I charge so little for them. $XX is cheap ASS for a Rikku commission. You wanna know what other commissioners charge for her? $270. Plus, you're assuming I can actually sell it, which is going to be trying in it's own right. The cost of materials was not brought to your attention as you never asked. I have done price breakdowns for pretty much all of my clients…Yeah, I know you're upset, but I'm only following my policy.”

Many things are wrong with this message: for one, she never sent me her policies, only after I expressed my unhappiness did she slap me in the face with her website. Second, she never sent me a price breakdown. Not once did she mention the base wig or styling fee and she expects me to ask for such a breakdown, even though she claims to send such information to all her customers. Finally, after many patient messages on my end, she became irrational and crude. She swore at me, she demeaned me; she called me a “whiny little girl” and a “horrible client.” It was her executive choice to take my rush commission. She claims to have had so many other projects on her hands, but she should have turned me down if she did not think she could properly satisfy her customers in such a short amount of time.

I never received the wig I commissioned from Ghost. She did not mail it to me. At this moment in time, Ghost has my wig up for sale on the Cosplay.com Marketplace and is trying to sell it to other, unsuspecting, users. I opened a Paypal dispute that lasted for well over a month but before I could reply at length—as my father had just been in a car accident and I was a bit preoccupied—she escaladed the dispute to a claim. At that point in the game, both parties are cut from communication and Paypal reviews all they have said. Well, I was too busy with my father to formulate a response while the dispute was still open and, in the end, Paypal ruled in her favor based solely on her side of the story—the only side that was posted, as I was never given a chance to properly respond.

Not only has Ghost caused me undue stress and anguish through her boorish messages and underhanded manipulations, but she forced me to cancel the performance I had been looking forward to and planning for months because I did not have the proper equipment to perform. Ghost is not a commissioner you want to work with!

Final Grade: F-

Last edited by BiZ : 05-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:28 AM   #802
Kanira
Non-Playable Character
 
Kanira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 843
Updated! And two quick comments <3

As per TR Rose's submission, whenever I am given a +/- option I opt to list the lower to err on the side of caution. The link will obviously go to posts stating and explaining possibilities for both, but as it's happened twice in the past 24 hours I figured I might mention it unless someone gets confused.

And all of QQCosplay has been moved into merchant.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #803
-Kitsu
Registered User
 
-Kitsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZ View Post
I opened a Paypal dispute that lasted for well over a month but before I could reply at length—as my father had just been in a car accident and I was a bit preoccupied—she escaladed the dispute to a claim. At that point in the game, both parties are cut from communication and Paypal reviews all they have said. Well, I was too busy with my father to formulate a response while the dispute was still open and, in the end, Paypal ruled in her favor based solely on her side of the story—the only side that was posted, as I was never given a chance to properly respond.
If it was somewhat recently I would give calling paypal a shot. Explain your full situation and demand a supervisor if they start to give you the run around. Just make it clear to them the fact that you never received the wig. Even if you weren't happy with the product that still is no reason for her to not send it to you. If her own policy states that she will hold onto products then she should just close shop now.
__________________
-Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #804
Kuro Yue
Abandoned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,189
Name of Merchant: CosWorx
Website: www.cosworx.com
Items purchased: Angela 750 in silver-white (x2), black; Amanda in white, Monica in 4, Scruffy in 12
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Only have photos of the Scruffy and Monica in my gallery ATM (will link back to them soon)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): One to two days.
Describe your Experience
Pros: All of the wigs came within/exactly two weeks of receiving the processing e-mail (I live in Alberta, Canada). In the case of the Amanda and black Angela, they were received in one week and nine days, respectively.
Cons: Choosing the colour I needed for the Monica and Scruffy was really difficult, especially concerning the Monica, as the colour pictures for the New Look brand were very bad quality and I didn't know if the colour was supposed to be as mottled as it appeared.
Comments: I'm very happy with the wigs I've purchased from them insofar, the quality has been awesome. I'd just like more photos of the wigs on the Cosworx page, instead of having to sift through a really long thread just to come up empty-handed.
Final Grade: A-
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #805
Tsusho
Gyakusetsu Tsusho
 
Tsusho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 182
Name of Commissioner - Cosplay1.com / nugrosjp / Ajie Nugroho

Website/C.com gallery - http://www.cosplay1.com/index.php

Character commissioned and series/video game - Itsuki Koizumi & Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Two sets of full costumes
consisting of a white blouse, brown pants, red tie, and the blue school boy uniform jacket).

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item -
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1460739/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1459716/
http://www.cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=112

Timeline - Inquired about both costumes January 24th and recieved quotes Janurary 25th, Full payment and measurements and pictures were sent January 29th, Costumes arrived March 1st (My set date of finishing was March 7th, so it came almost a week earlier than planned ^^!)

Describe your Experience -
Since my cosplay group wished to cosplay the complete S.O.S Brigade for Sakura-Con 2008, we originally had planned for myself to make all 5 costumes by myself but decided against it since I didn't have the time to make 2 full uniform costumes while I was making the three other female girl uniforms as well as styling 5 wigs. So because it was going to be my first commission it took a bit of time looking around for a recommended commissioner, which was how I heard about Nugrosjp. I went through their gallery on Cosplay1.com and felt insured from their previous work that they would be able to do the job beautifully and went through the Commissioner Reviews Thread for previous cosplay members' experiances with them.

Pros - They only took one day to get back to me with a quote for the two uniforms and told me it was going to cost $340 for both including the shipping to the USA (which I am guessing the shipping must of cost around $40 since they had shipped it by EMS and I ship and buy items internationally quite a bit). So not counting the shipping the costumes had cost around $150 each, which was extremely reasonable considering there were 4 pieces to each costume. Mid-way through the commission they had notified me that they had thought one or two of my body measurements were incorrect, and on inspection were indeed incorrect like they had said and went and revised the measurements to what they had advised. I was very happy they contacted me for further clarification on the measurments instead of continuing on to do the costumes with incorrect measurements, since I had rather wait for perfect fitting costumes than recieve costumes early but did not fit correctly. I never recieved any progress photos but that was my fault because I never had asked for any. However on February 24th they sent an email to me showing the final costumes before they were going to ship them out (they actually called it a 99% progress photo). The photo was dark so I proceeded to ask them if the pants they had made were black or dark brown since I couldn't tell from the photo, they promptly replied and told me the pants were dark brown just like I had asked for. After my responce to that email in which I said I was happy with what they did, they sent me a reply with the EMS tracking number and told me to check it the following day Feb 25 (so I'm guessing they shipped it out that day because thats what the tracking said). When I recieved the costumes they were packaged and folded very nicely with tons of their business cards (and I mean like 20 of their cards XD!). The costumes were both extremely accurate and professionally embroidered and hemed with quality fabric. The buttons and pockets on the jackets and pants were all real and useable. Also even though I didn't ask them to, they went ahead and professionally lined both the jackets, as well as added removeable shoulder pads onto the insides of the jackets. Both costumes had fit perfectly for my friends, nothing was too tight or too big. I can't begin to describe how well made both of the costumes are, they had looked like they could've been bought from the store.

Cons - None whatsoever, except that I would have liked some more in progress pictures of the costumes. But since this was my fault for not asking for any, I will not mark them off for this since the rest of the commission was done so beautifully.

Final Comments - I most definately will continue to order from Nugrosjp from now on as well as recommend them to other cosplayers that ask. The costumes were done not only almost a week earlier than expected but accurate with high quality materials, fitted perfectly, prompt communication (always answered within 1-2 days) and professionally made. I am currently commissioning Sakura & Syaoran 2006 CLAMP Calendar Art costumes from them and so will review those commissions in a few months once I recieve them, hopefully the commissions will go as smoothly as this one had.

Final Grade - A+
__________________
Sakura-Con '10 - FFXIII (Lightning)
Cosplays Contemplating - FFXIII Agito (Main Character), Fatal Frame II (Mio)

Last edited by Tsusho : 05-09-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: minor typos
Tsusho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #806
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZ View Post
Thank you for the Merchant page~!

I will be certain to review the few eBay sellers my friends and I have bought from in the past, though I want to get this review out of the way first…


Commissioner: Ghost613
Website: http://www.freewebs.com/weeghostie
Character commissioned: Rikku (Wig) from Final Fantasy X-2

I bought from Ghost on a rush Rikku wig commission. She knew my deadline and how desperately I needed to have it finished as I had a performance and my original commissioner had backed-out last minute. Ghost charged me over $80 for the wig and at no time during our communication did she give me a breakdown of materials and styling fees. She never referred me to her website or her page of policies; this “oversight” would soon become the bane of my Trainer Rikku cosplay experience.

A week and a half after she accepted my Paypal payment, I had not heard from her. When I emailed her, she confessed she had not begun work on my wig. The base wig hadn't even arrived at her home. I requested my money back—thinking she couldn't make a quality product in time for my engagement—but she messaged me and, suddenly, the wig had come in the mail and she was working on it.

Later that evening, Ghost told me the wig was complete and sent me pictures of the completed product. I was appalled. The color I needed was a warm, butter-colored blonde and what I saw was dishwater blonde with bright platinum streaks. The ponytail was low on the nape, while the character’s is high on her crown and the beads were small, cheap, children’s supplies. Residue from glue was visible around the tiny beads. While the character’s whole head is covered in braids, the wig Emma created only had about four small braids dangling off the top. The bandana was sloppily sewn and seemingly glued to the cap of the wig. The ponytail was short and scraped at the shoulders, not at all like the two and a half-foot ponytail the character has in the game. The wig she had created and the wig I asked her to make were nowhere near the same.

I told her these things and asked for a refund as I was completely unsatisfied. She refused. When I pressed her, she sent me this message:

“What part of non contestable do you not understand? This is not a disputable claim, as I am only following my policy. I can't make exceptions for every whiny little girl who thinks they deserve more money…Considering the fact that I have two other VERY tight deadlines you are distracting me from, I was doing a favor for you and I spent hours of my Friday afternoon slaving over your wig so you'd have something to wear at your convention, you are being very unreasonable. You say this has been a stressful experience for you? It's been twice as stressful for me, as you are a HORRIBLE client to work with. I mean the worst…I hardly ever even break even on these stupid wigs since I charge so little for them. $XX is cheap ASS for a Rikku commission. You wanna know what other commissioners charge for her? $270. Plus, you're assuming I can actually sell it, which is going to be trying in it's own right. The cost of materials was not brought to your attention as you never asked. I have done price breakdowns for pretty much all of my clients…Yeah, I know you're upset, but I'm only following my policy.”

Many things are wrong with this message: for one, she never sent me her policies, only after I expressed my unhappiness did she slap me in the face with her website. Second, she never sent me a price breakdown. Not once did she mention the base wig or styling fee and she expects me to ask for such a breakdown, even though she claims to send such information to all her customers. Finally, after many patient messages on my end, she became irrational and crude. She swore at me, she demeaned me; she called me a “whiny little girl” and a “horrible client.” It was her executive choice to take my rush commission. She claims to have had so many other projects on her hands, but she should have turned me down if she did not think she could properly satisfy her customers in such a short amount of time.

I never received the wig I commissioned from Ghost. She did not mail it to me. At this moment in time, Ghost has my wig up for sale on the Cosplay.com Marketplace and is trying to sell it to other, unsuspecting, users. I opened a Paypal dispute that lasted for well over a month but before I could reply at length—as my father had just been in a car accident and I was a bit preoccupied—she escaladed the dispute to a claim. At that point in the game, both parties are cut from communication and Paypal reviews all they have said. Well, I was too busy with my father to formulate a response while the dispute was still open and, in the end, Paypal ruled in her favor based solely on her side of the story—the only side that was posted, as I was never given a chance to properly respond.

Not only has Ghost caused me undue stress and anguish through her boorish messages and underhanded manipulations, but she forced me to cancel the performance I had been looking forward to and planning for months because I did not have the proper equipment to perform. Ghost is not a commissioner you want to work with!

Final Grade: F-
I did not mail you the wig because you said you didn't want it. I also gave you a refund, as per stated in my policies, which you told me you had read already after I sent them to you.
I'm not saying that you have no right to post your review, but please do not mislead people. If you want, I have plenty of your PMs where you were equally hostile, including an email saying "I hope you're happy you son of a bitch."
The dispute ruled in my favor merely because I fulfilled all that was required of me though the contract of a business transaction (which is to send you the wig or refund you). I even offered to send you the wig, or to resell the wig FOR you and give you all the profit, but you refused.
The reason I had not started the wig was because of one of Cosworx's shipping slip ups.
I'm very sorry that your father was in a car accident.
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #807
evaunit01berser
Banned
 
evaunit01berser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,343
the customer did not get a product, the customer was unsatisfied with your work, if both those conditions where met, your to give them a FULL refund..otherwise your terms are a scam

yes she has every right to post a review.

that wig is horrible, along with the temari wig. my best advice to you ghost is to keep your mouth shut for this one, because going on the defensive for this case is the last thing you want to do

edit: actually i just read your policies page, most unfriendly customer service trap i have ever seen in my entire life.
those terms do equate to a scam. A F minus is not enough...i will give you the lowest grade possible..a F minus minus!

Last edited by evaunit01berser : 05-09-2008 at 09:13 PM.
evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #808
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine
 
BiZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost613 View Post
I did not mail you the wig because you said you didn't want it. I also gave you a refund, as per stated in my policies, which you told me you had read already after I sent them to you.
I'm not saying that you have no right to post your review, but please do not mislead people. If you want, I have plenty of your PMs where you were equally hostile, including an email saying "I hope you're happy you son of a bitch."
The dispute ruled in my favor merely because I fulfilled all that was required of me though the contract of a business transaction (which is to send you the wig or refund you). I even offered to send you the wig, or to resell the wig FOR you and give you all the profit, but you refused.
The reason I had not started the wig was because of one of Cosworx's shipping slip ups.
I'm very sorry that your father was in a car accident.
Now how did I know you would try and make more things up?

Do you believe I am so spiteful as to "mislead people" for my own enjoyment? Your thinking is seriously warped: you never sent me your policies until I expressed my distaste for the item; I tried to work with you and you sent me rude messages. You only offered to send the wig a month after my event and before I could even properly reply to your offer, you took the dispute, made it into a claim and gave me no opportunity to post a reply. I ask you: on what grounds am I misleading people? I am allowed to describe my experience, my side of the transaction in my own words, so other cosplayers are not scammed as I was.

If you'd like to get nit-picky, I can always point out how you decided you needed to keep my shipping charge, despite the fact that it was never sent.

And please do not put false sentences in my mouth. I haven't communicated with you since the dispute and I am sorry to hear someone emailed you something so nasty. But it was not I, and I am insulted you believe it so. How am I to even know you received such a message? You could be lying—as you did so many times to me—in an attempt to downplay the severity of my review. I can honestly tell all those reading the content of your last post was mostly fabricated and I wouldn’t put it past you to doctor evidence to make me seem like the bad guy.

You apology means nothing to me. I can tell you have no remorse. The money refunded could have helped pay for my father's back brace but obviously you are too greedy and selfish to help an old man regain mobility. This thread is not for discussion of reviews and I don't want to get into trouble with the kind thread-owner; I have no further business with you. You are a terrible commissioner and a horrible person with a bad temper and I made my review as kind as possible. Trust me, there is plenty more I wanted to say.

Last edited by BiZ : 05-09-2008 at 09:19 PM.
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #809
Kanira
Non-Playable Character
 
Kanira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 843
I appreciate your restraint, BiZ; it certainly can't be easy for you. The situation thus far isn't entirely irrelevant, since sometimes people are only stirred into reaction once their discrepancies become public. Unfortunate but true.
Thanks to both of you for keeping things reasonably civil; we're updated.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #810
-Kitsu
Registered User
 
-Kitsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost613 View Post
I did not mail you the wig because you said you didn't want it. I also gave you a refund, as per stated in my policies, which you told me you had read already after I sent them to you.

The dispute ruled in my favor merely because I fulfilled all that was required of me though the contract of a business transaction (which is to send you the wig or refund you). I even offered to send you the wig, or to resell the wig FOR you and give you all the profit, but you refused.
I'm really doubting you read your own reply here. When a claim is opened through paypal it only ends in someone receiving money, commissioner retains the money or the the customer receives a refund. If you had actually refunded her the money then the claim would have been closed with no real result since the matter was settled outside of Paypal. So either A, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about (which I still wonder how the hell you even have a Paypal account at the age of 16) or you're trying to scramble for an excuse for why you scammed this girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost613 View Post
I'm not saying that you have no right to post your review, but please do not mislead people. If you want, I have plenty of your PMs where you were equally hostile, including an email saying "I hope you're happy you son of a bitch."
Having worked for a company that made custom video game controllers for the music game community my boss and myself have taken quite alot of crap from impatient customers, those with far too high expectations (completely metal controller for $200 bucks wired? Yea ok the parts would end up being $200 total alone) to those who were just not happy we didn't hand deliver it and give out free back massages. That being said with every insane threat, insult and just attitude we had to deal with it has never even crossed either of our minds to act in the manner you did. Don't even pretend to act like you didn't say it either, the first thing off of your fingers was an attempt to excuse your words. It is SO unprofessional its ridiculous and don't even try to hide behind your little brother for this one.

If you're not making any money doing commissions that is your own problem, not her's. You agreed to make it for whatever price you two agreed on and you have no one else to thank but yourself if you end up screwed in the end.

Now as much as I really want to, I am not going to sit here and tell you you should quit before you get further behind when it comes to commissions but I am going to tell you that there's no way in hell I would ever commission you. If it wasn't for your business practices, which are crap at best looking at your terms of service, it would be for the fact that you're still a minor and thus can not actually legally enter into a contract with someone. And boy, do you act like one.
__________________
-Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.