Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1334 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #811
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
And all of QQCosplay has been moved into merchant.
As far as I know they actually do straight commissions, not premades...

Unread 05-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #812
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
As far as I know they actually do straight commissions, not premades...
That's what I'd assumed at first, but thought I was mistaken. The website itself does offer accessories and things that are obviously wholesale, though, so best of both worlds.
Perhaps splitting them into both lists won't be too terribly confusing I'll do that.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #813
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZ View Post
Thank you for the Merchant page~!

I will be certain to review the few eBay sellers my friends and I have bought from in the past, though I want to get this review out of the way first…

Commissioner: Ghost613
Character commissioned: Rikku (Wig) from Final Fantasy X-2

I bought from Ghost on a rush Rikku wig commission. She knew my deadline and how desperately I needed to have it finished as I had a performance and my original commissioner had backed-out last minute. Ghost charged me over $80 for the wig and at no time during our communication did she give me a breakdown of materials and styling fees. She never referred me to her website or her page of policies; this “oversight” would soon become the bane of my Trainer Rikku cosplay experience.

A week and a half after she accepted my Paypal payment, I had not heard from her. When I emailed her, she confessed she had not begun work on my wig. The base wig hadn't even arrived at her home. I requested my money back—thinking she couldn't make a quality product in time for my engagement—but she messaged me and, suddenly, the wig had come in the mail and she was working on it.

Later that evening, Ghost told me the wig was complete and sent me pictures of the completed product. I was appalled. The color I needed was a warm, butter-colored blonde and what I saw was dishwater blonde with bright platinum streaks. The ponytail was low on the nape, while the character’s is high on her crown and the beads were small, cheap, children’s supplies. Residue from glue was visible around the tiny beads. While the character’s whole head is covered in braids, the wig Emma created only had about four small braids dangling off the top. The bandana was sloppily sewn and seemingly glued to the cap of the wig. The ponytail was short and scraped at the shoulders, not at all like the two and a half-foot ponytail the character has in the game. The wig she had created and the wig I asked her to make were nowhere near the same.

I told her these things and asked for a refund as I was completely unsatisfied. She refused. When I pressed her, she sent me this message:

“What part of non contestable do you not understand? This is not a disputable claim, as I am only following my policy. I can't make exceptions for every whiny little girl who thinks they deserve more money…Considering the fact that I have two other VERY tight deadlines you are distracting me from, I was doing a favor for you and I spent hours of my Friday afternoon slaving over your wig so you'd have something to wear at your convention, you are being very unreasonable. You say this has been a stressful experience for you? It's been twice as stressful for me, as you are a HORRIBLE client to work with. I mean the worst…I hardly ever even break even on these stupid wigs since I charge so little for them. $XX is cheap ASS for a Rikku commission. You wanna know what other commissioners charge for her? $270. Plus, you're assuming I can actually sell it, which is going to be trying in it's own right. The cost of materials was not brought to your attention as you never asked. I have done price breakdowns for pretty much all of my clients…Yeah, I know you're upset, but I'm only following my policy.”

Many things are wrong with this message: for one, she never sent me her policies, only after I expressed my unhappiness did she slap me in the face with her website. Second, she never sent me a price breakdown. Not once did she mention the base wig or styling fee and she expects me to ask for such a breakdown, even though she claims to send such information to all her customers. Finally, after many patient messages on my end, she became irrational and crude. She swore at me, she demeaned me; she called me a “whiny little girl” and a “horrible client.” It was her executive choice to take my rush commission. She claims to have had so many other projects on her hands, but she should have turned me down if she did not think she could properly satisfy her customers in such a short amount of time.

I never received the wig I commissioned from Ghost. She did not mail it to me. At this moment in time, Ghost has my wig up for sale on the Cosplay.com Marketplace and is trying to sell it to other, unsuspecting, users. I opened a Paypal dispute that lasted for well over a month but before I could reply at length—as my father had just been in a car accident and I was a bit preoccupied—she escaladed the dispute to a claim. At that point in the game, both parties are cut from communication and Paypal reviews all they have said. Well, I was too busy with my father to formulate a response while the dispute was still open and, in the end, Paypal ruled in her favor based solely on her side of the story—the only side that was posted, as I was never given a chance to properly respond.

Not only has Ghost caused me undue stress and anguish through her boorish messages and underhanded manipulations, but she forced me to cancel the performance I had been looking forward to and planning for months because I did not have the proper equipment to perform. Ghost is not a commissioner you want to work with!

Final Grade: F-
My twin sister was going to order my L wig from her too. Her policies sound so childish. Koisnake and I run Cosfurs, and we never had a problem with customers, and we are young also. I am very sorry what you had to put up with.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna

Last edited by Roleplaywulf : 05-10-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #814
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

This is a curious thing indeed.
It would be extraordinarily fantastic if, when quoting an exceptionally long post, you could cut it down to the basic points you are acknowledging or the first line, or some equivalent.
There is really no reason to quote the entire wall of text ^^; And it may likely be inconveniencing for prospective customers trying to following the situation in the future.
Just an fyi. Thanks much!
Unread 05-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #815
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Name of Store: Cosworx
Website/C.com gallery : http://cosworx.com
Item: Wisp in #24 and Kelly in #1, then Scruffy in #1
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
My first order was the Wisp in #24 and the Kelly in #1. Paypal payment cleared by April 16th and by either the 19th or the 20th, I don't remember which exactly, I had the wigs in hand.
After this, I realized I needed another wig for ACen, which I'll be leaving for on May 15th. I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get my wig in time after hearing about shipping delays, even though my first order went so well.
My second order was for a Scruffy in #1 after finding out the Wisp in #1 was sold out (and not knowing about the Ebay sales :/). Payment through PayPal cleared the 7th and I received the wig on the 10th.

Final rating:
A+. The Kelly wig is such a nicer wig than my CosplayWig that I wore last year. Whether it's the length that makes the difference (last years wig was waist-length.), I'm not sure, but they really do feel different.
Also shipping was very fast, considering I'm in Kentucky. I bought a phone around the same time I bought the wig and while both went out a day apart from one another, both by USPS and the phone is being shipped from Ohio, I already have my wigs and no phone in sight.
Unread 05-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #816
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #817
wpuzzle
Dreamer Scientist~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpuzzle View Post
Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1.com / nugrosjp / Ajie Nugroho

Website/C.com gallery
: cosplay1.com

Character commissioned: Simon from Gurren-Lagann (jacket only)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received.

Timeline: Paid full early November 2007, deadline was early February 2008.

Describe your Experience

Pros: Communication was good before I paid it full.
Cons:
- Extremely poor communication after I paid in full.
- He blamed me for not giving him reference pictures of the back of the jacket even when I did. Not to mention I specifically requested him to ask me first before making it if I ever forgot to include anything, or if any details at all were unclear. He did not fulfill this request, and went on to make it based on his own judgment.
- He did not send a final progress picture before shipping it even if I requested him to do so beforehand.
- He did not inform me that he had shipped it (if he did at all...).
- I sent an email of complaint regarding my missed deadline, which he never replied, until I posted on his thread on cosplay.com spamboard (before the site adopted Marketplace). He almost never replied to my emails asking him about the status of my commission, until I mentioned that I decided to file a dispute on Paypal, at which point he acted rude and told me to appreciate him more for what he had done for me. (Which made me ponder, because there wasn't a single thing he did right for me, most of which I tolerated).

Final Grade: F.
(My apologies, but I'm done being blamed, talked back at, and waiting for an expensive costume which never arrives. ='3 I pretty much feel like being scammed, because I gave my money away for a rude commissioner and no product. Will only change the grade if the commissioner is willing to give me a refund, but he's been ignoring me, so I suppose that's it.)
After speaking with the commissioner regarding this review, I've recently received a refund of the costume. Hence I would like to nullify this review because since I received a refund, essentially, the commissioner doesn't receive payment and I don't receive product, hence the transaction has been canceled. It would be great if the grade for this commissioner could be taken off the front page of this thread. I will also edit my post accordingly. Thank you.
wpuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:30 AM   #818
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpuzzle View Post
It would be great if the grade for this commissioner could be taken off the front page of this thread.
Done as requested ^^
Unread 05-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #819
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

Does anyone who's ordered a item from Cosworx know how long it takes to ship said item overseas as I ordered a Afro [S] wig along with a wigcap a couple of weeks ago for my Nabeshin cosplay that I'm doing at the London MCM Expo on the Bank Holiday weekend next week and I'm a bit concerned as it's not arrived yet...
Unread 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #820
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Borgman, this is not the right place to ask (if you can't reach cosworx' customer service, try the wigs & hair subforum or the site HQ subforum, for example) but the actual shipping time is a week at most (minus customs.)

How long it takes to actually process your order will depend on whether the wig is in stock and how busy the staff is (I usually allow two months for any wig orders.)

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=108263

Last edited by Kukkii-san : 05-12-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #821
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

Red face

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Kingdom
Website/C.com gallery:http://cosplaykingdom.com
Character commissioned: Final Fantasy x Yuna's staff (PROP)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://a504.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...31d0f01eb7.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): about 1-2 weeks
Pros:I ordered the staff and it came very quick about a week or half a week i'd say it was very detailed exactly how it looks in the picture and the game
Cons: none!
Comments: very good seller the prices may be just a bit expensive but the props are amazing and they take commissions as well i would defintley recommended this seller if you need a prop
Final Grade:A+
angel wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #822
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updateeeed
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #823
Tsusho
Gyakusetsu Tsusho

Name of Merchant - Amphigory

Website - http://Amphigory.com/

Item Purchased (Please Include Quantity) – 1x Femme Fatale Wig in #27

Links to picture(s) of your received item -
I will upload pictures of the wig once I have time.

Timeline (How Long Your Order Took To Process) – I ordered the wig on May 6th and payment was processed on May 8th. Package was shipped May 8th as well.

Describe your Experience -

Pros – Including processing time and UPS Ground shipping, the wig took exactly 7 days to receive. I also had originally ordered a bottle of Special Effects Bright As F Yellow with my wig, but Amphigory continued to swiftly send me an email notifying me that it was back ordered 2-3 months out of stock (apparently this was labeled backordered out of stock while the item was in my cart, and it was my own fault for not noticing it was backordered) within just a few hours after I had ordered and asked for a reply on how to proceed with the order (I asked them to proceed with the wig order alone 4 hours after they sent me the notification). The next day after I sent my reply email they sent me my invoice confirming my order was processed and within the same day shipped out my wig and emailed me my tracking number.

Cons – Nothing, the small delays were my own fault for not noticing my cart for out of stock back ordered items.

Final Comments – This was my third order from Amphigory, and I wasn’t at all disappointed. Their communication was top notch and couldn’t have been more courteous or faster. And their processing and shipping time was just as good as their communication. As usual the wig I received was the exact one I had ordered and was in perfect condition and was shipped in a roomy box two times the size of the wig, so as not to damage the wig. The wig itself was high quality and brand new (I love the Femme Fatale wig, this being my 5th one) and extremely easy to style just like I wanted. Normally my wig orders take about 2 to 3 weeks to get to me when ordering from Amphigory. This was the first time I had received a wig in just one week and am extremely happy with my purchase and can’t wait to use it (I’m assuming they already had the wig on hand and didn’t need to special order it from the manufacturer).

Final Grade - A+
Unread 05-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #824
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

forgot to mention that we're updated ^^;
Unread 05-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #825
lapseof__reason
mo money = mo cosplay

Name of Commissioner: Dizzy Lizzy

Website/C.com gallery: http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/gallery/main.php

Character commissioned: Franziska von Karma (wig)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: see user image XD

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Contacted in Jan/Feb, got it last week

Pros: Great communication (if anything MY communication was bad XD ), provided me with progress shots, wig arrived safely and well packaged. Looks great, and I love the coloring.

Cons: none (:

Comments: Hope to work with her again.

Final Grade:A+
ღ mami tomoe - pmmm
ღ genderbent!cecil palmer - wtnv
lapseof__reason is offline   Reply With Quote