Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.60 average.
Unread 05-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #61
Bulma
Mittens in the Summertime

Here in my country, Chile, people at stores or at the streets react pretty much as Milady said people react in France. They stare at you and sometimes ask you if you are dressed up for some movie or tv. But there's the rude people too, the ones who yells "are you from a circus?", but most people just stares.

The most rude comments are made by the self named "otakus" and anime fans. They are so hypocrite. When they see me at a con they go all "OMG you are an awesome cosplayer! I just love your costumes so much!" but then they call me the ugly Sakura, fat Nana, or too old for -insert character's name here-. I wish they have the guts to say that to me on my face, but they fear me LOL. I know I'm not pretty, nor young nor thin, and I don't really care, but I know too my costumes are good ^^

Please excuse my terrible english!
Planned: Android #18 (Cell Saga) - Dragon Ball Z - Hiyori Sarugaki (Shinigami) - Bleach - Temari (4th outfit - Naruto (Manga-Shippuuden) - Malin - King of Fighters - Rukia Kuchiki (Summer School Uniform) - Bleach - Bulma Briefs (Mirai Trunks Saga) - Dragon Ball Z - Suki - Avatar: The Last Airbender - Leona Heidern - King Of Fighters MI - Nami - One Piece - Sakura Haruno - Naruto Movie 1 - Haruko Haruhara - FLCL - Tsunade-Sama - Naruto

My english sucks because HABLO ESPAŅOL!!
Bulma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #62
danayoki

Quote:
Please excuse my terrible english!
lol, no worries. I can understand ^^
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #63
RiKashi

My friends and I were sitting outside of a convention center, just chilling. xD
Then, some guys drive by and yell "freaks!", and throw a banana peel at us out the window ;_;

It was the funniest thing ever. xD
Yeah, it was rude, but it didn't bother us at all.. x3
RiKashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #64
danayoki

Quote:
My friends and I were sitting outside of a convention center, just chilling. xD
Then, some guys drive by and yell "freaks!", and throw a banana peel at us out the window ;_;

It was the funniest thing ever. xD
Yeah, it was rude, but it didn't bother us at all.. x3
If I were you I'd run after em' and throw the banana peel on their car or maybe, if the window is open, on the guy's head xDD
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #65
HarleyQ
Crazy lil' clown

Sadly, I think the worst I've gotten (or at least the one that bothered me the most) was from my grandma. I was showing her some pictures of my last cosplay (Misa Amane), and her only comment was "Well... its pretty, but don't wear it out in public, someone will try to buy you." (in other words, "Nice hair, you look like a whore.") Gee, thanks Grandma. >_>;
What gets me is, my other grandmother, a major Death Note fan, suggested Misa in the first place because "She's so darn cute and innocent!"
HarleyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #66
danayoki

Quote:
Sadly, I think the worst I've gotten (or at least the one that bothered me the most) was from my grandma. I was showing her some pictures of my last cosplay (Misa Amane), and her only comment was "Well... its pretty, but don't wear it out in public, someone will try to buy you." (in other words, "Nice hair, you look like a whore.") Gee, thanks Grandma. >_>;
What gets me is, my other grandmother, a major Death Note fan, suggested Misa in the first place because "She's so darn cute and innocent!"
Grandma? A death not fan?
O.O
wow....not something you see everyday xDDD
lol I usually never talk about cosplay with my parents, nor with any other adult. It's cause most of em' don't even know what it is >_>
My parents are only interested in my cosplays cause I'm SEWING clothes...they think such a young person like me that can sew clothes are genuis >_> adults sometimes xDDDDDD
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #67
jennarose
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danayoki View Post
If I were you I'd run after em' and throw the banana peel on their car or maybe, if the window is open, on the guy's head xDD
Haha I would of done the same and yell "Thanks stranger! ^_^"

Quote:
My parents are only interested in my cosplays cause I'm SEWING clothes...they think such a young person like me that can sew clothes are genuis >_> adults sometimes xDDDDDD
Same with mine. My mom and I'll be at Joanns and I'll be getting my fabric cut and the lady and my mom would just start talking randomly about "Oh how great it is when young people sew!! So wonderful! Blah Blah blah" I'm just standing there thinking 'Can you finish cutting my fabric lady...'
jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #68
shadowfox3113
~Naru~

Quote:
I know I'm not pretty, nor young nor thin, and I don't really care,
ARE YOU KIDDING?! you so are thin and pretty! And even if you're not young, you sure as hell look like it!

see, this is what I hate! People who get picked on and start to think that they arnt pretty or thin or that they're just plain ugly! Its not true! everyone is beautiful and special in their own way! who gives a f**k what some other person says! Be confident in yourself and it will show through!
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #69
danayoki

Quote:
Same with mine. My mom and I'll be at Joanns and I'll be getting my fabric cut and the lady and my mom would just start talking randomly about "Oh how great it is when young people sew!! So wonderful! Blah Blah blah" I'm just standing there thinking 'Can you finish cutting my fabric lady...'
xDD my parents don't know english so ya xD
But many people at fabric stores don't take me seriously cause they don't think young people can sew >_>
they think i know nothin about sewing, and suggest things that i dont even want >_>
im sure everyone else is the same xDD
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #70
Vinosec
Inward Squeeos

Well, it wasn't really a comment so much as afeeling of hostility all around.
So my friends and I stop at an In-n-Out burger joint for Lunch after Comic-con. We are still partially wearing our costumes, and we're hot and sweaty becuase let's face it: San Diego in July. >_> The counter people didn't care, but the rest of the customers were giving us the nastiest looks you could possibly imagine. More so my best friend than me. Silly opinionated Old Ladies and their prejudice...ah the hostility...
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #71
danayoki

Quote:
Well, it wasn't really a comment so much as afeeling of hostility all around.
So my friends and I stop at an In-n-Out burger joint for Lunch after Comic-con. We are still partially wearing our costumes, and we're hot and sweaty becuase let's face it: San Diego in July. >_> The counter people didn't care, but the rest of the customers were giving us the nastiest looks you could possibly imagine. More so my best friend than me. Silly opinionated Old Ladies and their prejudice...ah the hostility...
The common "stare" xDD
a lot of cosplayers get that
but i can't imagine san diego in july >_> ughhh
and my next con is going to be in august -_- and this year in oregon is the hottest year yet -.-
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #72
HarleyQ
Crazy lil' clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by danayoki View Post
Grandma? A death not fan?
O.O
wow....not something you see everyday xDDD
lol I usually never talk about cosplay with my parents, nor with any other adult. It's cause most of em' don't even know what it is >_>
Yea, she likes Death Note, Blood+, Trinity Blood, and Bleach. XD She wants to cosplay some day too, just can't find a character she likes.
HarleyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #73
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQ View Post
Yea, she likes Death Note, Blood+, Trinity Blood, and Bleach. XD She wants to cosplay some day too, just can't find a character she likes.
wow. that's hardcore!

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #74
Kailyn
The Alpha Bitch

Not trying to provoke an argument here but I do have to make a point, if you cosplay outside of a con setting like down the park, in the mall, in school, etc, YOU ARE going to get stares and rude comments. I'm not trying to justify people being rude to the face of cosplayers and it's not right but that's the world works unfortunately. You can't really expect not to be insulted when you open yourself to such abuse in the first place. I have a thick skin so I cosplay everywhere and just about anywhere. But I go out with my head screwed on and understanding the risk that I'm opening myself to insults and rude comments.
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #75
danayoki

Quote:
My Gawd O.O
Your grandma must be a kid at heart ^^
thats a good thing ^^
many adults say that kids need to grow up...its not true -.- our kid ages only lasts a certain amount of time