Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #841
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Not exactly a commission, but...

Name of Commissioner: Wildcat Wigs/eBay seller darcinut
Website/C.com gallery: eBay store
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): brown "shag" style wig, brown stick-on "Errol Flynn" (pencil thin) mustache for Professor Remus Lupin from "Harry Potter".
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1576044/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1576126/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): ordered May 14, shipped May 20, received just a couple days later.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. It should be noted that unlike Cosplay Wig and zhenna, this seller is based out of the US (Pennsylvania), which makes a big difference in shipping cost and time. Great selection of wigs, hairpieces, and fake facial hair, and at much more affordable prices than most any non-eBay wig seller outside of Cosworx or Amphigory. This is actually my second time dealing with this person, the first being the purchase of a 3/4 wig for use with my Princess Peach costume, but that was two years ago and I don't remember the details, though i can honestly say that that transaction also went well. My only "con" was that I had to buy the Spirit Gum and remover kit needed for use of the mustache elsewhere because they only sell the adhesive, not the remover.
Final Grade: A

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.

Last edited by MaryRyanBogard : 06-20-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: I now have my own pics
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #842
RoxasRoxsMySoxs
Number XIII

Commission Review

Cosplay List
  • Roxas - Twilight Town (Kingdom Hearts II)
    Roxas - Organization XIII
    Ciel Phantomhive (Gown) - Kuroshitsuji/ Black Butler
    Madam Red - Kuroshitsuji/ BlackButler
    N. Italy - Axis Powers Hetalia

And there will be more to come!

A scattered memory like a far-off dream.
A far-off dream like a scattered memory.
I want to line the pieces up.
Yours...And mine.
RoxasRoxsMySoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #843
Lumasnati
Wants a cookie..

Name of Commissioner: DizzyLizzy

Website/C.com gallery: http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com

Character commissioned and series: Lavi [D.Gray-man], Jacket, cross, the scarf, leg holster and headband.

Links to pictures: http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/gal...costumes/ravi/

Timeline: Approximately February? through March 30th? I know it didn't take very long... I'll have to check through my emails soon...

Pros: To start off, I'd like to say that this was the most professional commissioner I have ever worked with. She, from the beginning, sent me emails about important things and sent me her information including a phone number to get a hold of her with. I love her fabric choice. She kept up every week with a progress shot or two and emailed me with every detail and double checked my sizes to make sure some things weren't off. The price was very fair. She also hand wrote a letter to me telling me exactly how to wash the costume.

Cons: None.

Overall experience: A. Will be contacting again soon to see about another commission.

Next con Stop: Katsucon 2011~
World of Warcraft - Night Elf/Blood Elf Priest Tier 10

Lumasnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #844
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! And MaryRyanBogard, yours has been listed under Merchant Reviews ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #845
UsagiPuffs
Too clumsy for words!

Name of Commissioner: LunaLadyOfLight
Website/C.com gallery: www.LunaLadyofLight.Net,
Character commissioned and series/video game: 1) Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, 2) Yukikio Horie from Kakugo No Susume
Links to picture(s): http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m52289/
Timeline: About the first week or so of March I placed my order and had a few wigs that were ahead of me , and I received them yesterday.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: The wigs are beautiful, she was very helpful, kept me very updated on my two wigs, very nice too, very professional, the wigs were well packaged in their boxes, she showed me pictures of her progress on the wigs, and did I mention the wigs are beautiful? ^_^
Cons: None.
Comments: I will very much be doing business with her again!!!
Final Grade: A+
Tenchi Muyo!: Ayeka Jurai
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino??
Decheet.... :}

<3 Usagi-Puffs
UsagiPuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #846
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 05-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #847
KimDao

Name of Commissioner honestdragonchina
Website/C.com gallery http://cgi.ebay.com/Sailor-Moon-Cosp...QQcmdZViewItem
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Sailor Moon costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/148965/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Took about 1 month for me to receive
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros:
- Seller has good communication, responded to all my emails nicely even when I was complaining about the costume not coming yet
- Seller was able to change colours for me, the colours looks good in the end
- The bows were sewn on, (my friends ordered from ebay seller TSSY2005 and said their bows looks funny when pinned to their fuku)
- Costume looks pretty good when put on
- Perfect fit
- Armbands were adjustable
- The material for the skirt and bows looks nice

Cons:
- SHIPPING PRICE. That really annoyed me most, I paid $60usd for shipping, took 2 weeks to arrive to me because she shipped it standard shipping. Shipping for them only cost $15usd
- The body part of the fuku, the lower white part is made out of cheap material. Itís no noticeable however, but if you look up close you can tell itís cheap.
- The costume is SO Hard to put on and even HARDER to take off. The zip is so small and doesnít really help much.
- Bows werenít sewed on very good, I had to fix it
- GLOVES, they looked really stupid. So I bought another pair off ebay.
- The accessories they give you are rubbish (I think most china sellers on ebay, their tiaras and chokers are all bad), but luckily I thought ahead and bought a new tiara and choker off other sellers.
- The lower part of the skirt sticks up. But itís not noticeable either, Iím just picky

Comments:
First of all, I knew ebay sellers steal pictures from yahoo auctions japan, but I was desperate for a Sailor Moon fuku, and searched ebay for someone who can change colours for me because I wanted to cosplay PGSM version. Honestdragonchina was the only seller that could do that for me so I thought Iíd just order from her. Altogether, it cost me $120USD. 60USD for the costume, 60USD for shipping. The shipping price was ridiculous but I thought Iíd get it anyway. I got really annoyed at the shipping because it took so long, my friends ordered after me from ebay seller TSSY2005 and received theirs 1 week later. When I first opened my package, I just thought it looked bad, I was so upset because I spent so much on it. The body part (lower white part) was made out of some cheap material. The gloves look ridiculous. It wasnít until I tried the costume on, I thought it looked pretty good. The back bow was longer when it wasnít meant to be, but Iím not complaining, it actually looks really good. The gloves were made of the same cheap material the lower part of the fuku was made out of, so I got a new pair. Overall, I thought it looks good, but not worth $120usd. You might be better off buying from TSSY2005 and sewing the bows on yourself. But honestdragonchina is a good seller ifyou want to change colours.

Final Grade: B
KimDao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #848
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 06-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #849
FlameOfSoul
bossbot

Talking

Name of Commissioner: Dream-Angels

Website/C.com gallery: http://ww.dream-angels.net

Character commissioned and series: Rinoa Deluxe Duster and Armwarmers Only Set (Final Fantasy VIII)

My Rinoa Gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/109507/
Dream-Angels.net's Rinoa Ad Gallery: http://www.dream-angels.net/rinoa_deluxe.htm

Timeline: From the time I ordered it, the set took about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks to complete and arrived to me 2 days after completion.

Pros: The fabric is absolutely beautiful. The instant I saw the duster and armwarmers they took my breath away. The wings on the back are perfectly identical to Rinoa's as well. The colour is true to Rinoa's and if you need the duster any longer than they specify they will do it for you no problem! The communication was a big part of this as well and I found it pleasant and easy to speak with them. I always had very quick answers every time, and the replies were always pleasant and "smilie"!

Cons: The armwarmers are a tiny bit wide but that's okay because they don't ask for arm measurements. Actually that shouldn't really be in the "cons" list at all since all I needed to do was tighten them a little bit. I guess the only thing is that the duster isn't overlocked so tiny little pieces come off at times but don't worry it's NOTHING YOU CAN'T FIX. I personally don't have that problem anymore, and I can always just overlock the fabric if I need to.

Comments: I am incredibly satisfied with the overall result. I got the duster set because I couldn't find the fabric either, like the other girl on here who reviewed Dream-Angels.net. I made the rest of my costume as well. I can honestly and fully reccommend Dream-Angels.net, they are pleasureable to deal with and very co-operative.

Final Grade: A+

Anime North 2014
Friday: Sinbad (Magi)
Saturday: Yoko Littner (Version 2)

Otakuthon 2014
Friday: Cana Alberona (Waitress dress)
Saturday: Erza Scarlet (7 Years Later Armor)
Sunday: Ariel (Pink Dinner Gown)

Katsucon 2015
Friday: Vivi (Alabasta Dress)
Saturday: Ariel (Wedding Dress)

Anime North 2015
Friday: Sango (Demon Slayer Armor)
Saturday: Erza Scarlet (Heaven's Wheel Armor)
FlameOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #850
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :0
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #851
Jinha

Name of Commissioner: Kalajeesta
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/aesthetic-illusions/
Character commissioned and series: Simon's jacket from Gurren Lagann
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5959/dsc02519wz2.png
Timeline: Roughly a month
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. This was the first jacket she made for me. Many mistakes plus the logo was poorly made. Although she remade the entire jacket free of charge and is more accurate than the last. Communication and the time it took could have been better. But she was attending a few cons around that time. Shipping was fast, only took one day to arrive after she said she shipped it out. Overall, t'was a pleasure doing business with her.
Final Grade: B
Ciel(Kuroshitsuji): [|||||||||-] 90% complete
Oz(Pandora Hearts): [|||||||||-] 90% complete
Hong Kong(Hetalia): [----------] 0% complete

Cons Attending
Anime Expo
San Diego Comic Con
Pacific Media Expo
Fanime
Anime LA
Jinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #852
catnip23

Name of Commissioner: Human_go

Website/C.com gallery:http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosp...2em118Q2el1247

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Eureka - dress only (Eureka 7)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1579508/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 4-5 weeks

Pros: I've purchased from Human_go in the past and was very satisfied with what I received. I requested a custom commission, and made a deal with them very quickly. Responses to my questions were made almost immediately.

Cons: The buttons on the dress were not sewn on very well, but they didn't cause a problem. The dress was very short....ie: I couldn't bend over without flashing my rear at the people behind me :P

Final Grade: A-

Last edited by catnip23 : 06-29-2008 at 09:10 AM.
catnip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #853
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 06-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #854
tenren
bang

Name of Commissioner: Chiyo Sen
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/62842/
Character commissioned: Nell Tu (Jacket only) from BLEACH
Photos: None yet (will have some once my camera is fixed)
Timeline: 1 month from the end of April until the end of may/early June
Experience: Well to start off, it was my first time getting something commissioned, so it took me a while to find what I thought was a trustworthy and affordable commissioner. Chiyo was more than happy to take on the project. She started almost immediately after I had given her the down payment.it
Pros: The final product is beautiful. It fits nicely and for the price, it was made with amazing material. She was friendly and worked relatively quickly.
Cons: She was a little slow on responses to mail and inquiries. I don't know if I was suppose to give updates or she was, but I always had to ask >_<. There are loose strings everywhere on the inside of the jacket, but that can be fixed. Other than that, everything was superb. She isn't a professional seamstress, so I don't expect PERFECTION. I'd definitely go to her and and recommend her.
Final Grade: B+

Otakon 2012 Costumes
Scanty (Police!)- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Red Scout - Team Fortress 2
Jade - Mortal Kombat 9
Female Ace - One Piece
Riven - League of Legends
Ms. Fortune - Skullgirls

|| Maki & Loco's Excellent Adventures: Nerds of all Trades! ||
2012 Cons: MAGfest :: Katsucon :: T-Mode :: Otakon :: Baltimore Comic-Con :: NYAF :: Anime USA
tenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #855
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>