Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1429 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #871
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Eeek >_< sorry to hear about the C-chan mess. I bought something from her on the Marketplace (which was only about $6, but still) and after a month of nothing, I started sending emails, at least 6 not including PMs on this site. Then finally I opened a paypal dispute and she answered the next day.

-_-; It doesn't belong in her commission review file and she's not really a merchant, but I figured it should be noted~

~Ari

Unread 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #872
NekoMimiChan
*Bri*

Hi Kanira! Commissioner Nekomimichan here, I have a review on post #865 but it hasn't shown up under my name on the front page. Can I please ask you to 'update' ^.^ this for me? This one has two large commissions under it, so its very important.

btw, thanks for organizing and updating this thread, it's really helped me establish myself as a good commissioner and business person. and when I choose to commission costumes, its a great resource to know who to go to and who to avoid. Thank you! =^.^=

Future Costumes
Carmilla - Vampire Hunter D
Haydee - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Barioth Blademaster - Monster Hunter
Lulu- FFX
Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

For Prop Commissions visit my store, DistinctiveProps, on etsy.
NekoMimiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #873
musicalmint
Cleans a dirty mouth!

Name of Commissioner: C-chan
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/cosbape/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Trucy Wright Brooch
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1500905/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Have not received
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I know that there are already two people complaining about her here, but I thought I should add my two cents. While she originally finished it rather quickly (sent me a photo), I explained that I needed it by June 20 for a convention. This was the beginning of May. I had an unexpected expense come up ($1200 in engine work), so I told her I would have to put off paying for a few weeks. PM her after two weeks to start the payment process, don't get a response back. It takes until the first of June to hear anything from her, so I rush to get the payment out. That was sent June 4. I've since sent her two PMs (a third on its way) and have yet to get a response, as well as tried to contact her over ICQ. While I didn't lose the $100 that the previous person did, I do feel like I got scammed out of my $18 (and extra that I would have paid to get it shipped out here). And I've yet to hear back from her. I have an incomplete costume that I'm scrambling to get ready because she decided to ditch me.
Final Grade: Is there a lower grade than F-?
musicalmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #874
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalmint View Post
Name of Commissioner: C-chan
Final Grade: Is there a lower grade than F-?
Dude, wait. Don't go off writing reviews until your actual deadline passed. Plus, you are giving her only 16 days to finish this, since you started your payment process late in June 4th. I find it unfair that you are so quick to give her a bad review when you are the one who had the late payment and that you deadline didn't even pass. Who knows, she may send it 1-5 days during/ after your con. That is no excuse to give her an F.

Please wait until your deadline is past due, or atleast 1-2 weeks, before you give her an F.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #875
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koisnake View Post
Please wait until your deadline is past due, or atleast 1-2 weeks, before you give her an F.
That's a bit *ironic* wouldn't you say...
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #876
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Along with what Koisnake said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalmint View Post
I explained that I needed it by June 20 for a convention.
Did you actually give the date of June 20th? I assume that's the first day of the convention. If you need a costume for a specific con, ask for it the week before or at least 5 days prior. You still have two days until your due date so I think it's a bit quick to assure yourself it's not going to arrive in time.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #877
vampirelupus
Riot Lion

Name of Commissioner: CosFurs
Website/C.com: http://www.freewebs.com/cosfurs/index.html
Character commissioned and series/video game: Original character commission - tail and ears
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Not available (didn't take any)
Timeline: 5 months
Describe your Experience: She was very nice in keeping me up to date on the whole process even when she was having problems. I did not get my commission before the convention in May, but I also didn't really *need* it by then (the pieces were just for fun), so was not too upset. Overall, the pieces look really good and I was happy with them even though there was quite a delay.
Final Grade: B-

Cosplays for 2010:
- The Hitcher (Mighty Boosh)
- Scarecrow (Arkham Asylum)
- Joker (Batman)
- Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
- RouShu Wolf (fursuit)

Conventions for 2010: Animazement, SDCC

Last edited by vampirelupus : 06-19-2008 at 05:09 AM.
vampirelupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #878
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoMimiChan View Post
Can I please ask you to 'update' ^.^ this for me?
Wow that is embarrassing; I don't even recall ever seeing it! Am very grateful for your catch! ^^ Sorry about that!

musicalmint I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with what's already been mentioned; reporting her as a failed effort before your deadline has actually arrived is a little silly. If the deadline passes and your situation still hasn't changed, please let me know and I'll be sure to include your review!

vampirelupus, could you possibly give a little more detail? From your description I cannot tell what the commission was, but as you mentioned "pieces" I listed it as an accessory. Any help would be appreciated :>

And updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #879
vampirelupus
Riot Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post

vampirelupus, could you possibly give a little more detail? From your description I cannot tell what the commission was, but as you mentioned "pieces" I listed it as an accessory. Any help would be appreciated :>

And updated!
I fixed it! Sorry... I was tired when I wrote that, didn't realize I didn't even say what it was XD;;;

Cosplays for 2010:
- The Hitcher (Mighty Boosh)
- Scarecrow (Arkham Asylum)
- Joker (Batman)
- Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
- RouShu Wolf (fursuit)

Conventions for 2010: Animazement, SDCC
vampirelupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #880
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirelupus View Post
I fixed it! Sorry... I was tired when I wrote that, didn't realize I didn't even say what it was XD;;;
Not a problem! Updated appropriately!
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #881
lapseof__reason
mo money = mo cosplay

Name of Commissioner: LegacyOfMadara / Sukotto-kun Props

Website/C.com gallery: www.freewebs.com/sukotto_kun/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Rena Ryugu (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) - prop

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...u/S7300742.jpg
This is a progress pic, the final product looks a bit different but you get the idea.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month

Pros: I was a bit nervous commissioning from this guy, due to lower number of posts and using a freewebs site. All my fears were instantly squashed, however. He was excellent with communication, very professional, sent me update pics, and worked out a payment plan with me. Very happy with the prop, it's amazing, sturdy...would definitely work with him again. (:

Cons: While the blood looks really awesome/realistic on one side of the cleaver, the other side looks like he got a bit sloppy and it just looks like more of a smear. Not a huge deal.

Final Grade: A
ღ mami tomoe - pmmm
ღ genderbent!cecil palmer - wtnv
lapseof__reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #882
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Name of Commissioner: Phantom Thief
Website/C.com gallery: Cos.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Bianchi ; Reborn (temporary tattoos)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...16-08_1254.jpg
(shitty cellphone pic is shitty, sorry~)
Timeline: I can't remember, but I think it was less than a month.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I'd heard good things about her, so when I needed some temporary tattoos, I contacted her. She said she didn't really do them fully anymore, but on a case-by-case basis, and after seeing the design I needed, agreed. She kept me updated, let me see the design rendering before she printed them up, and let me know when they shipped out. Included instructions for putting them on, as well. They came quickly and look great I can't think of any cons.

Final Grade: A+
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 03:17 AM   #883
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

And we're updated :0
Unread 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #884
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner : LimeBarb

Website/C.com gallery : http://www.limebarb.com

Character commissioned and series : Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank Future - Tools of Destruction (Clothing)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1577061/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : First payment sent January 30th, costume received yesterday (June 20th).

Pros : As I've said over and over again, LimeBarb are the best in the biz...the choice of fabric, the perfect fit, the ridiculously accurate seam lines...they're just *that* good.

Cons: Costume arrived about 5 days after deadline, but the con isn't until next weekend, so it's fine. I would suggest putting a deadline a bit in advance just to be safe, but I wouldn't say it's required (and honestly, you shouldn't be expecting to get costumes the day before you leave as is).

Comments: Anyone who knows or who talks with me about commissioners knows how much I preach Barb & companies abilities. They are, hands down, amazing costume makers. The attention to detail is astounding. I highly, HIGHLY recommend them!

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by 4ng31 : 06-21-2008 at 01:51 PM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #885
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!