Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1322 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #886
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Name of Merchant - Cosworx

Website - http://cosworx.com

Item Purchased (Please Include Quantity) – Cher 951 and Ivy

Links to picture(s) of your received item -
They are wigs I will be styling, but they look EXACTLY like the photos on the site.

Timeline (How Long Your Order Took To Process) – I paid on June 16th. It arrived June 21st.

Describe your Experience -

Pros – Items were in stock. Arrived quickly.

Cons – Nothing.

Final Grade - A+

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #887
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #888
-Milk-

Has anyone bought from the Ebay seller
A.C.G LAND yet?
-Milk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #889
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Milk- View Post
Has anyone bought from the Ebay seller
A.C.G LAND yet?
Read the first post in the thread.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #890
Adelpha

Multi-Post - new one is on page 61.

Last edited by Adelpha : 06-30-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Multi-Post
Adelpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #891
hehlow
and goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwEeNofKoRn View Post
Well in about a week i will see if they are good or not. and im praying they are.
Hm out of curiosity, I was just wondering how your commission went with QQ cosplay. I can't seem to find your review here. ^^;;

Grrr, I tried to get a quote from Lime Barb for an AC Yuffie Costume, but they never replied. And just to see if it was the costume or my email, I requested a quote for a more expensive costume, and they replied to that.

I guess they didn't want to make that costume for me because they knew that it didn't cost that much, and they just wanted more bang for their buck. Though the 'more expensive' costume wasn't more complicated than the first...

Oh well, I guess that's the disadvantage commissionees have over commissioners--the commissioners get to choose what they want to have commissioned, and have the right to refuse service :-p

Last edited by hehlow : 06-24-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: any reviews? there are like 7 qqcosplay reviews. I meant to say KwEeNofKoRn's review of qqcosplay
hehlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #892
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehlow View Post
Hm out of curiosity, I was just wondering how your commission went with QQ cosplay. I can't seem to find any reviews here. ^^;;
If you check the third post in the thread, there are 8 reviews? Or did you mean other than those?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #893
hehlow
and goodbye

Name of Commissioner: crazychocobo here on cosplay.com
Character commissioned: Entire AC Yuffie Costume, no wig and shoes.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: There are pictures of some of what she created on her profile page. See the link above.
Timeline If anything, I would say from October 17th '07 to Feb 11th, '08
Experience: I commissioned with this person because with the policy she had, I had nothing to lose. What she told me was that she would make the entire costume, and then show me pictures of the final product, calculate how much it cost to make it, and have me pay for however much it cost. If I didn't like it, she would go ahead and sell it on eBay. This to me seemed very interesting, and since I had nothing much to lose, I decided to go for it. Everything seemed to be going well for a bit. She did post a couple of progress pictures on her cosplay.com gallery, and although her english is a little shotty, everything was going well...until she randomly disappeared from the face of cosplay.com. Well, I wouldn't say she disappeared, but she stopped replying to my PMs, although I clearly saw that she was on cosplay.com. In February, she then PMed me that she was sick because she took too many shifts at work, and the costume was not done, and that she would send me whatever parts she had done with no shipping charges. I told her that this was fine, but was hesitant to give my address, so I just gave her some requests to change some parts of the costume. I assumed that if she was willing to send it to me, she would come on to cosplay.com and reply to this.

Unfortunately this wasn't the case. I would drop in a PM or two at the end of each week or so, but I got no reply after that message she sent to me about sending whatever she had finished. There was one point that I thought she had passed away from her illness or something! But I found out that she was on today at about 2 in the morning, so this removed all doubt that she had passed away ^^;;

From the looks of the costume from her pictures, there are a couple of inaccuracies that I wouldn't be too happy with such as the zippers and the hood strings. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1329074/ As you can see in the upper left corner, the strings look a bit cheap.

The other costumes in her gallery that she supposedly made looked really nice, which is another reason why I chose to commission a costume with her.

Pros: The policy is nice. I don't have to pay anything upfront, and I would have been able to look at the costume before deciding to pay for it...

Cons: ...though it was a bit naive of a decision on her part though because she could have wasted much of her time and money if I did not want the costume. From the pictures, there are some inaccuracies that I would have not been too happy with. Communication was very sporadic, and I think she's now ignoring me on cosplay.com for whatever reason.

In the end, I never received anything from her. Partially because I didn't give her my address, but even If I did, I doubt that I would have gotten anything anyway. I can't give her an F- because there was some apparent progress on the costume, but the communication was seriously lacking.

Final Grade: D-

Last edited by hehlow : 06-24-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Bolded the final grade for easier viewing
hehlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #894
hehlow
and goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
If you check the third post in the thread, there are 8 reviews? Or did you mean other than those?
xP That's why I edited my post right after I read it. I was like oh snaps people are gonna say something about this.

Yeah, I mean her review because her story seemed so interesting. Heheheh
Unread 06-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #895
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
I guess they didn't want to make that costume for me because they knew that it didn't cost that much, and they just wanted more bang for their buck.
That's kind of an extremely rude and crass assumption to make about someone...I myself requested a quote from them last week and haven't heard back, but there's really no reason to go making up baseless rumors in attempts to justify a situation you know nothing about. If you're frustrated and need to vent then do it, but this really isn't the ideal place until you're trying to do them harm.

And we're updated btw.
Unread 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #896
FjAlucard
Has a vampire fetish

Name of Commissioner:Nekomimichan
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/84403/
Item: Gilgamesh's sword Ea from Fate/stay night ( http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1562834/ )
Timeline: I had no rush on the item, but the entire process took about 2 months I want to say.
Experience: Eh, it went very well considering a rather odd mishap. The pictures provided for the item did not properly display the fact that it was a round blade. But this was fixed and it all went well. Price was fair and such. Great person to commission from.
Final Grade: A
Coyote Starrk-Los lobos version- Bleach
DEADPOOL!
FjAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #897
Lystrade
Tsubame

Name of Commissioner: Nguyet

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...php?uid=107371

Character commissioned and series/video game: Yuna from FFX-2 Gunner top, armbands, bracelet, earring, necklace, and hood. All were already premade.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Uh, no photos yet, but they look wonderful. I will have some soon. XD

Timeline: Contacted them once early one morning, got a reply a few hours later, shipped it out the next business day after I paid, very fast shipping the whole process took about a week.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Saw Yuna stuff for sale on the marketplace, decided it looked too nice and for such a nice price to not atleast ask them about it... XD Everything was very nicely constructed, very nicely packed, shipped quickly. Earring and necklace beautifully made, top is a little big on me, but they had the measurements and I already knew it'd be a little big (nothing I can't take in ), they were very friendly, quick responses, and answered all of my questions.

Final Grade: A+
Lystrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #898
hehlow
and goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
That's kind of an extremely rude and crass assumption to make about someone...I myself requested a quote from them last week and haven't heard back, but there's really no reason to go making up baseless rumors in attempts to justify a situation you know nothing about. If you're frustrated and need to vent then do it, but this really isn't the ideal place until you're trying to do them harm.

And we're updated btw.
Hey, I didn't mean to offend anyone, it was just a random guess, sorry sorry ^^;;
Unread 06-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #899
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Hey, I didn't mean to offend anyone, it was just a random guess, sorry sorry ^^;;
Hopefully no harm done; but you might want to be wary of making guesses in a place that states 'based on fact, not rumors' ^^

And updated!
Unread 06-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #900
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Because I am to lazy to read through, Anyone have any reviews of QQcosplay? They seem to have alot of stuff for Decent prices, Just wondering if they are any good.

http://QQcosplay.com

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote