Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 06-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Silent Spirit
ō_
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31
Female Crossplaying problem: Exposed Chest (Problem Solved!)

Hey, the problem is now solved so this topic isn't needed anymore! Thanks everyone!

The person I'm 'crossplaying' as has some exposed chest. Not a lot, but I don't think I can still pull it off. He wears armor, but it only covers the entire left side of his chest. He also has a huge belt that covers a bit of the right side of the chest, but you can obviously still be able to tell just by looking at what the armor hasn't covered up, he is a manly dude.

Even if I had and extremely flat chest, I wouldn't like the idea of going to a con without at least something to cover me. Women just don't do that, they'd be totally asking for it.

I'm new to the whole 'crossplaying' thing too, so I find this quite difficult.

I have the looks of this guy, (long face, broad shoulders, and can even make my voice like his) but I am a female with about B or C cup sized breasts. How can I get my mine to look like this guy's? I'm not talking about 'binding' with sports bras, special tape or whatever else you can use to cover it with. Like I said before, this guy is wearing armor on his left chest and a big belt, not a Vash the Stampede coat that covers the entire torso(If I'm not mistaken.)

IN OTHER WORDS:

Is there a way I can get a 'manly chest' or am I just going to have to do 'The Female Version' (Which is the last thing I want to do) of this guy?

---------------

Also: Does anyone know any online tutorials on making armor? This guy's armor is killing me, I'm quite sure I could make it if I had some tips on what material I need and if there is a specific way to mold, cut, etc. If I need to be more specific, I have a picture of this guy at the very bottom of this post.

Lastly
: Sorry if this is one of those, TL;DR posts. I'm just trying to fully explain the best I can.

Here are references:

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/sw2/db/sw2db096.jpg
(This shows his chest, armor, and what part the belt covers.)

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/sw2/db/sw2db097.jpg
(Front back, and side views of this guy, just in case.)
__________________
Cosplays I plan to do:

Kōtarō Fūma - Samurai Warriors 2
Ranzou -Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy: Advent Children Movie
Yuna Braska (Summoner) - Final Fantasy X
-------------------------------

Last edited by Silent Spirit : 07-08-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Problem solved, no need for topic anymore.
Silent Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
plastic_man
Make cosplay, not war!
 
plastic_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 176
judging by his skin color and net top, you could probably get away with binding under a flesh tone shirt, or if small enough, just the flesh tone.
__________________
Proud member/founder of WAC!Cosplayers
plastic_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
Silent Spirit
ō_
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_man View Post
judging by his skin color and net top, you could probably get away with binding under a flesh tone shirt, or if small enough, just the flesh tone.
I'm not sure what you mean... a skin toned shirt?
__________________
Cosplays I plan to do:

Kōtarō Fūma - Samurai Warriors 2
Ranzou -Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy: Advent Children Movie
Yuna Braska (Summoner) - Final Fantasy X
-------------------------------
Silent Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal
 
WoggyWooWoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Spirit View Post
I'm not sure what you mean... a skin toned shirt?
What he means is to put it under the mesh shirt, and bind your chest like you would if you were in a normal crossplay. The mesh will help disguise the fact that you're wearing a shirt, and hell, you could even get away with painting muscles on the shirt like this, without it looking completely fake.
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Silent Spirit
ō_
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoggyWooWoo View Post
What he means is to put it under the mesh shirt, and bind your chest like you would if you were in a normal crossplay. The mesh will help disguise the fact that you're wearing a shirt, and hell, you could even get away with painting muscles on the shirt like this, without it looking completely fake.

Oh, I see. Where would I find a "mesh" shirt? I've never heard of it before.
__________________
Cosplays I plan to do:

Kōtarō Fūma - Samurai Warriors 2
Ranzou -Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy: Advent Children Movie
Yuna Braska (Summoner) - Final Fantasy X
-------------------------------

Last edited by Silent Spirit : 06-28-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Silent Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Andromache
Registered User
 
Andromache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 25
It'd be a regular fishnet shirt, I think.

If you feel brave enough, you can use medical tape or something like it to pull your right breast to the side then readjust the angle of the large belt to cover the nipple. Double-sided garment tape would make a good secondary attaching agent just to be sure that you're not going to flash anyone.
Andromache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
madamekuchiki
L Lawliet
 
madamekuchiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Spirit View Post
The person I'm 'crossplaying' as has some exposed chest. Not a lot, but I don't think I can still pull it off. He wears armor, but it only covers the entire left side of his chest. He also has a huge belt that covers a bit of the right side of the chest, but you can obviously still be able to tell just by looking at what the armor hasn't covered up, he is a manly dude.

Even if I had and extremely flat chest, I wouldn't like the idea of going to a con without at least something to cover me. Women just don't do that, they'd be totally asking for it.

I'm new to the whole 'crossplaying' thing too, so I find this quite difficult.

I have the looks of this guy, (long face, broad shoulders, and can even make my voice like his) but I am a female with about B or C cup sized breasts. How can I get my mine to look like this guy's? I'm not talking about 'binding' with sports bras, special tape or whatever else you can use to cover it with. Like I said before, this guy is wearing armor on his left chest and a big belt, not a Vash the Stampede coat that covers the entire torso(If I'm not mistaken.)

IN OTHER WORDS:

Is there a way I can get a 'manly chest' or am I just going to have to do 'The Female Version' (Which is the last thing I want to do) of this guy?

---------------

Also: Does anyone know any online tutorials on making armor? This guy's armor is killing me, I'm quite sure I could make it if I had some tips on what material I need and if there is a specific way to mold, cut, etc. If I need to be more specific, I have a picture of this guy at the very bottom of this post.

Lastly
: Sorry if this is one of those, TL;DR posts. I'm just trying to fully explain the best I can.

Here are references:

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/sw2/db/sw2db096.jpg
(This shows his chest, armor, and what part the belt covers.)

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/sw2/db/sw2db097.jpg
(Front back, and side views of this guy, just in case.)
Alright I have your problem too. I'm Cosplaying Grimmjow from Bleach. So here's how Im doing it: I took some white fabric and sewed buttons to the back then sewed some strips of the same fabric on so it looked like Bandages. I mean its not like these characters don't get hurt, right? I mean I've tried just cloth bandages but they always slip unless they are really tight and uncomfortable. However, when i made this knock off bandage top, It was loose enough to be comfortable and you really can't even tell I have boobs. I mean I'm only a B but still, it would definently minimize your chest to where it looks like your a guy with built pecs. Oh and I almost forgot, you can still wear your wonderful strapless bra.
madamekuchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
Ranma 1-2
Registered User
 
Ranma 1-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 881
I think if I were a girl and wanted to do a difficult crossplay like this I would try to make a partial body prosthetic! (I am currently looking into making a convincing open cleavage which would make certain female costumes accessible). Yes it is is difficult, but not impossible ..depending on your skill, artistry, and budget.

Option 1
The easiest solution, I agree with WoggyWooWoo is to bind and wear a tight shirt which has a male physique painted on. ..if not you would have to paint a shirt up youself.

Option 2
The next best solution I think would be some sort of foam rubber muscle suit. I've seen them in fancy dress shops. They tend to be OTT parodies rather than realistic torsos, but well.. it could work.

Option 3
The third and most demanding solution ( but the most convincing) would be to fabricate your own prosthetic male chest piece. I am talking about the route that film SP/FX go down. This would invlove a number of stages for best results...

First you make a mould of your own front torso and produce a solid life cast of your own front torso area (with boobs already binded down), so the finished prosthetic will custom fit you exactly.
Then you can sculpt on top of this solid casting a nice male physique.
Then you make a mould of the finished shape.
Then you make a soft silicone casting from the mould using translucent flesh coloured silicone.
Then you paint this silicone prosthetic to look like real fleash using an airbrush.
If you want a complete torso you can have a zip festener concealed down a side or back. Then you wear the whole torso prosthetic like a vest. You would feel completely covered even though the appearance is completely exposed. And once you have the body piece it could be used for countless other crossplays..

I would guess however that option 3 is just not possible for most people. But I added it to show that if you are determined and skilled (or can pay someone else to do it) - it is very possible.
__________________
Cosplay plans 2012
--------------------
Feb - Midland MCM Expo - Katy Perry
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
Rocieru
Renew With Flame
 
Rocieru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
I believe this will be the most convencing way to go, the little leftover"chest muscles" can than be faded into your natural skin tone with adaquate fundation application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post
It'd be a regular fishnet shirt, I think.

If you feel brave enough, you can use medical tape or something like it to pull your right breast to the side then readjust the angle of the large belt to cover the nipple. Double-sided garment tape would make a good secondary attaching agent just to be sure that you're not going to flash anyone.
Rocieru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 03:08 AM   #10
double00beaver
Disco Toast
 
double00beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,233
I'm kind of body concious when it comes to showing skin, so when I cosplayed a male in a bathing suit, I bought a flesh colored tubetop from the intimate section at Walmart.

Photo

It's not the best, but it covers you up.
double00beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #11
Yukke
cos.Holic
 
Yukke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Ah I have to do a completely front exposed crossplay for 2009. I have everything planned out for it because I have a tutorial and such for complete open chest cosplays.

However the problem with this method I use is that its expensive. And Airbrush Machine (air compressor and all) is pretty expensive, can purchase it on ebay of course. And you need a Leotard (the stuff gymnastics wear in flesh color or what the skin color of the character is)

Since I can't really explain the tutorial D8 if you still need help I wouldn't mind sending you the tutorial. It's in japanese but every single step has a picture - the tutorial is best for characters with muscle that is well pretty much impossible to get if your female, and I'd think those who would like to return to their feminine selves once in a while would rathor the tutorial then bulking up in real life... if your interested PM me 8D and I would love to send the tutorial to you.
__________________
Requiem.Echo Productions Famiglia...♥; Yukke&Natasha + Hannah&Mishee
セバスチャン ♥'s シエル
《 our contract 》

『レクイエム。エーコー◦プロダクション コスプレ-リスト。』
・SebastianMicheals&CielPhantomhive ・
・Gunji/Shiki&Kau,Akira&Rin ・
・Rai&Konoe ・
・Ikuto&Amu ・
・NougamiNeuro&Sai&Yako ・
・CrossMarian&Maria&AllenWalker&LenaleeLi ・
・Sephiroth&Zack ・
・VincentValentine&Shelke ・
・Gino/Zero&Suzaku,Suzaku&Euphiemia ・
・Ichimaru&Hitsugaya ・
・Isaak&Dietrich ・
・Soubi&Ritsuka
・Tidus&Yuna ・
(`..)
Yukke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.