Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: What day is best for you to atend the Stitch and Sew
Dec. 1 0 0%
Dec. 8 2 66.67%
Dec. 15 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Unread 06-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #196
DisposblAssassn

I just got back from Dallas, and even they have a small fabric district. its about a dozen warehouses right next to each other carrying everything from outlet upholstery fabric (where velvet floral prints go to die...) to places with most stuff you could want, just not a lot of the high end stuff. Phoenix confuses me. Its a huge metropolitan area but so lacking in cultural aspects of even smaller areas.
DisposblAssassn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2008, 02:49 AM   #197
Feawen
aka fuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyuNyu View Post
Yeah he's familiar with SAS - that one is down the street from me! ^^ It just stinks that all the Hancock fabrics except Tucson have closed now. =( There really aren't a lot of variety or options in Arizona for fabric.
wait, all of them died, when?? The hancock on university in mesa was fine just before saboten, don't tell me it has died while I was on vacation!!!! NOOOOOO!! I'm gonna go over tomarrow and see if its still there. I knew I should have gone before I left.

Anyway, back on topic
there are actually plenty of cosplayers in arizona (alot of us seem to have no web presence though). We have plenty of cosplay events around, PCC, Saboten, Phoenix Con Games, Anizona (or not), anime tucon, matsuri festival, and other random things pop up all the time.
We are slowly losing events though, like PAF and mabey Anizona, and there is probably little hope for a return of the Otaku University Conference.

Only big problem with cosplaying in arizona is finding materials, Christophe had a running joke at Saboten about how he was going to print out a list of places to buy cosplay materials to pass out at his panel, but he coulden't find any in our stupid state.

rant over.

Check out all of my costumes at my website http://www.TeamFuu.com!

Also feel free to like my fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tea...31143596923241
Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #198
Eidolon Bird
She's a strange bird

Another Arizona cosplayer here - I'm in north-western Peoria, practically out in Sun City. Boy, do I ever feel the pain of having nowhere but JoAnn to shop at! D= I do occasionally take the trip out to the SAS at 19th and Peoria and have dropped by the Hobby Lobby at I-10 and the 101 once or twice, but seeing as how both are 40+ mile round-trips and given the cost of gas, I don't go very often.

As for me, I'm a bit older (28) and usually focus my time and money on books and video games and one or two BIG cons (Dragon*Con is, by far, my favorite con) instead of anime and manga and lots of smaller anime cons. What few anime and manga series I am familiar with tend to be at least a decade old, and I tend to get blank looks when talking to the younger fans. I don't do near as much sewing as I would like as my job eats up most of my time. Not knowing other people who cosplay makes it difficult to get motivated even when I DO have time.

However, the SunaCosu group looks really interesting! I can't make it to the June meeting (today... have to work. stupid work!), but maybe I can clear my schedule for the July or August get-togethers. It would be nice to meet other people and get back into the swing of costuming. =D
Eidolon Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #199
OwlDepot

Posting in an Arizona thread. I'm amused with all the SunaCosu pimping going on in here. I hope to see you people August 2nd at the meeting!
OwlDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #200
raijin_crosby
Cosplayer and Videograper

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirakukami View Post
Hey Raijin I saw you at Saboten con!
Lol, I'm wondering who you are now. Perhaps you were on my video on youtube?

Nevermind....I checked out your profile. I don't remember passing by you though....

This year I am attending: view my profile
Events I attended: view my profile
I have been involved with:
Cosplay Chess
Cosplay Dodge ball
2 Masquerades
I also record and edit videos for my youtube site
http://www.youtube.com/cosplayersalbum

Last edited by raijin_crosby : 06-29-2008 at 12:19 PM.
raijin_crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #201
raijin_crosby

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposblAssassn View Post
That's great. I let them know on the forums. We'll see you there!
Man I missed the gathering because I tried to get into the forums at the last minute and they were closed. I will have to try for next time I guess...

Quote:
Yeah he's familiar with SAS - that one is down the street from me! ^^ It just stinks that all the Hancock fabrics except Tucson have closed now. =( There really aren't a lot of variety or options in Arizona for fabric.
Hmm....I'm glad I read this.

wonders how in the world nyunyu is able to reply to all these millions of forums she is on....

I also wonder if there are any pictures on the web of the Final Fantasy gathering at saboten-con

Days until Anime Expo....

Cosplay Chess
Cosplay Dodge ball
2 Masquerades

Last edited by raijin_crosby : 06-29-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Unread 07-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #202
NyuNyu
CLAMP addict

Feawen - Yes, I am sorry to inform you that the Mesa Hancocks is closing! =( Get your bargains while you still can! Well...if 40-50% off is a bargain to you lol. They should mark it down more; that's coupon price. Then I heard from a friend in Flag their's is closing too. Last time I talked to Kisa there were still a couple in Tucson.

That seems to be an ongoing problem, with conventions only being one year. Otaku University and Phoenix Animefest will likely never return. Anime TuCon looks iffy. SabotenCon will return, and Phoenix ComiCon is expanding every year! ^_^ Phoenix ConGames is adding more costume and anime programming as well as other conventions, especially as SunaCosu gets more involvement. =D

LOL @ Cristoph xD sad but true.
NyuNyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #203
Caelendil
I lurv my Roxy~

Arizona Cosplayer here!

Hey all, I'm from AZ. I was at Saboten-con this year, and for a first year con, I thought it went rather well. I went as Axel this year, and that seems to be my ongoing theme with costumes, is all Axel varieties. XD I'm currently in the Ahwatukee area, I was in Glendale before, but just moved a couple months ago.
KH: Axel (Org XIII/Punk)
Aion: Elyos or Asmo Ranger
Final Fantasy: WHM (Tactics or XI, unsure)
Caelendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #204
Sailor Phoenix
Mochi Sabie (*^-^*)

>.>........<.<.....Hi everybody! ^-^ *Runs off*
Sailor Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #205
raijin_crosby

Cool

Quote:
Feawen - Yes, I am sorry to inform you that the Mesa Hancocks is closing! =( Get your bargains while you still can! Well...if 40-50% off is a bargain to you lol. They should mark it down more; that's coupon price. Then I heard from a friend in Flag their's is closing too. Last time I talked to Kisa there were still a couple in Tucson.

That seems to be an ongoing problem, with conventions only being one year. Otaku University and Phoenix Animefest will likely never return. Anime TuCon looks iffy. SabotenCon will return, and Phoenix ComiCon is expanding every year! ^_^ Phoenix ConGames is adding more costume and anime programming as well as other conventions, especially as SunaCosu gets more involvement. =D

LOL @ Cristoph xD sad but true.
My hopes are that you didn't take me to seriously my last message about you NyuNyu, I was only picking on you....a little.

On a more serious note, do you think Hancocks has finally shut things down in Mesa? Cause if not I am going to be running for the border friday afternoon to see what I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelendil View Post
Hey all, I'm from AZ. I was at Saboten-con this year, and for a first year con, I thought it went rather well. I went as Axel this year, and that seems to be my ongoing theme with costumes, is all Axel varieties. XD I'm currently in the Ahwatukee area, I was in Glendale before, but just moved a couple months ago.
I remember you, you were in my video....I think....
well I remember seeing you atleast.

Well Anime Expo has come and gone. I'm glad I went, I enjoyed it very much, heck I had to edit 192 which are in this album

I also have some video stuff to edit as well. Much love people!

Cosplay Chess
Cosplay Dodge ball
2 Masquerades
Unread 07-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #206
Krista-ism
&gt;3 Muhahah

If I'm correct Comicon is the next major shindig, right...?
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #207
Sailor Phoenix
Mochi Sabie (*^-^*)

Yup. Phoenix Comicon is the next big con in AZ.
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #208
Krista-ism
&gt;3 Muhahah

So that's the next con?
I heard of Coppercon but it doesn't look to interesting to me.
Plus I don't think Allen will be done by then. ~^.^~
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #209
Emmyla
the pdolch

I'm pretty sure I'll be moving to AZ this coming winter. Not sure when or where, but it's comforting to know that there are still cosplay communities there >w<

1st Gen. Sabrina:: Pokemon - in progress
Princess Mononoke:: Princess Mononoke
Kyoya:: Ouran High School Host Club
Howl:: Howl's Moving Castle

But I wouldn't take this signature seriously.
Plans change from day to day!

Emmyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #210
Sailor Phoenix
Mochi Sabie (*^-^*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista-ism View Post
So that's the next con?
I heard of Coppercon but it doesn't look to interesting to me.
Plus I don't think Allen will be done by then. ~^.^~
Well there are others cons and such like coppercon. But if you are looking for anime and manga related. Phoenix comic con is the next big con for that.