Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.73 average.
Unread 07-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #46
CosplayWannaBe

My mom dosn't even care about anime. I ask her to help me make a costume but no she ignores me. My dad on the other hand is like you want to Cosplay a guy? And Im like yesh. And he laughs and says do whatever you want I'll get someone to help yah.

I want to crossplay one day.
:3
CosplayWannaBe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #47
Yanilia
Final Fantasy Badass

My parents really dont care, they like the fact that i have a goal and hobby. and they support me. now my boyfriend... he said he doesnt take cosplayers seriously... obviously hes never seen really really good "just stepped out of the tv" cosplays. but he still supports me. my friends well some are like hell yes and other are what is cosplay? better yet whats crossplay?!

now my favorite person is my little sister who wants to cosplay just as badly as i do! so its all good. the people that matter well they support me even if they dont think its cool. besides i could pull bishonen boy off better than a girl!
Yanilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #48
facebreak
queerish man-girl-thing.

Actually, just about every cosplay I have done has been male. xD
For some reason, I'm tomboyish enough to feel much more comfortable dressed as a male than female. My mother's really cool about it; she didn't seem surprised at all when I told her I was cosplaying a male for the first time.
My dad's still wierded out by it.
But he can suck it. xD I don't really care.
All of my friends don't find anything like that out of the normal; I dress like a guy at least once a week anyway. Most of my female friends crossdress, and the ones that don't don't have a second thought on it. Same goes with my male friends. :3
My grandparents are still a little "o______O" about it, along with the rest of the family, but I think it's because they're all rediculously conservative, and just don't really get it.

But besides that, I don't know anyone else's opinion, because I don't talk about it much with those who aren't into anime, or cosplaying, or anything like that.
facebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #49
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quoth mom... "Oh my cute son!"

^.^;;;
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #50
Kaeru
Freakish Frog

My parents don't really care how I dress and all that as long as I'm happy and don't get myself into trouble! ^^

And I've always been a very special kid I guess but they're pretty special too so they don't mind! xD

They just think I'm a theatre-freak (which I am)...
Which is nice since that means they don't care if I dress as a guy and don't ask questions.
Cuz' ehe.. the thing is that I actually am bigender...
Which means I do want to be a guy completly now and then, but I don't need to have that conversation with my parents yet! ^^
Kaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #51
Jedi_Pink
JP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanilia View Post
My parents really dont care, they like the fact that i have a goal and hobby. and they support me. now my boyfriend... he said he doesnt take cosplayers seriously... obviously hes never seen really really good "just stepped out of the tv" cosplays. but he still supports me. my friends well some are like hell yes and other are what is cosplay? better yet whats crossplay?!

now my favorite person is my little sister who wants to cosplay just as badly as i do! so its all good. the people that matter well they support me even if they dont think its cool. besides i could pull bishonen boy off better than a girl!
Hahah, cool...my little sister wants to crossplay with me too. x3

And for anyone interested, I finally spoke to my grandma about it at least. Er...I was turned down. ._. So...I guess I'll just have to drop the idea temporarily. Maybe I'll be able to talk her into it someday. >.>
Jedi_Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #52
Pyrohappygirl
From Yonder Land of Sheep

My mum is totally fine with me crossplaying... Hell, SHE was the one that suggested I cosplay Sephiroth someday. If you can get a calmer parent, then I am amazed. I'm really lucky to have her. <3

My father... Eh, he doesn't care. He just kind of wishes me luck with whatever guy I'm cosplaying on the occasion and then lets me out of the car.

My friends, however, think I'm weird, and all but two of my non-fandom friends have ceased talking to me as of my declaration to my English class that I would be dressing as a shirtless male. I guess everyone has to have at least one unsupportive advisor, right? xD

Ace (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) | Mephisto Pheles (Blue Exorcist) | The Count of Monte Cristo (Gankutsuou)

Cosplays 2012

Australia (Axis Powers Hetalia) | Severus Snape (Harry Potter) | Vayne Carudas Solidor (Final Fantasy XII)
Graverobber (Repo! The Genetic Opera) | Equius Zahhak (Homestuck) | Brother Nier (Nier)
Pyrohappygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #53
Rubikins

My parents dont really care... but my friends always look at me funny when i say the person im cosplaying is a guy XD I guess its just cos theyre not into anime and cosplaying.... lol
Rubikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #54
Rubikins

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Quoth mom... "Oh my cute son!"

^.^;;;
lol
Rubikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #55
Attyca

My mom doesnt care, and I dont see my dad enough to know what his thoughts are, he thinks im weird, but he still loves me.
My mom asked me why i don't cosplay girls once, i think I just shrugged it off x3
she thinks all my costumes are wicked and is impressed, so whatevs
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #56
Vaeira
Currently un-current

Well, I think it's funny with my parents. Both just give me the wth? look and say alright. My mom actually is the one who told me Rinku from Yu Yu Hakusho would be darling to do and she wants me to do some other guy characters later.

Future Cosplays

- Blood Elf Priest from World of Warcraft (hopefully Blizzcon 09)
- Night Elf Druid from World of Warcraft (Hopefully Blizzcon 09)
-

Note: Costumes may be switched to a alternate convention either due to lack of time or funds to finish.
Vaeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #57
The Irish Ninja
Still a cosplay noob!

My parents don't know yet. I haven't told them.

Though, after their reaction to a Vincent Valentine cosplayer they saw at the mall (Anime Appreciation, FYE!)...

Me: Hey, did you see that girl running around in a red cape?
Dad: Yeah. She was a... cosplayer? Right?
Me: Yup. Awesome Vincent Valentine cosplay! From Final Fantasy 7?
Mom: ... Vincent? But... She was a girl!

... This does not bode well for me.
The Irish Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
Animangafreak
Orochimaru-sama

I don't think it's a big problem with my parents. I think they must assume that everyone does it or that I'm just dressing up. My mom gave me this 'Er, uh, what?' O.o look when I discussed duct-tape with her and my happy 'zero bounce!' glee. Right now I'm just dressing up as the character and binding. But as I get into cosplay more (this is my first time) I plan on getting so that I fool everyone into thinking I'm a guy...and in that way I'm sure that I;ll start getting some weird looks...I'm not sure whether or not they'd be freaked out. But I'll be working on my man walk, man voice, man make-up and mannerisms...so that might start creating problems.... -_-;; but that's next year.
Edward Elric 0 %
Animangafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #59
Twilight_melody
Master of Chaos

my parents seem to have no problem with it.........Infact they were more than happy to help with my props and such..........wich was really good because being I just started cosplaying this year, I had lots of problems. They are probbaly ok with it because I tend to avoid people and stay in the house alot..........I think they just wanted me out of the house......
Twilight_melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM   #60
shakakuzougeiro
Woof Bitch!

don't think they mind.. though they were abit concerned at first...
shakakuzougeiro is offline   Reply With Quote